Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Is Techno an acquired taste?
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

If we're talking about Robert Hood, this particular track is a favorite. I guess you can lump this one in with either minimal or dub techno, but it's a lot more driving and the melody subtly evolves in a way much more noticeable than all those plink-plonk Ricardo Villalobos remixes and m_nus records that the "mnml" fanboys raved about back in the day.

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Jul-10-2021 16:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Techno takes time.

Here's a story. I spent a handful of years listening to dance music. Then I visited Berlin. I lined up at Berghain thinking I'd get in even though I was nervous in line. Sven refused me. At that time I didn't know why. Today I know. I've been inside half a dozen times since. It took time. They knew it. I didn't. And now I know.

Techno takes time.

Old Post Jul-16-2021 23:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Techno takes time.

Here's a story. I spent a handful of years listening to dance music. Then I visited Berlin. I lined up at Berghain thinking I'd get in even though I was nervous in line. Sven refused me. At that time I didn't know why. Today I know. I've been inside half a dozen times since. It took time. They knew it. I didn't. And now I know.

Techno takes time.

Techno takes time.Techno takes time.Techno takes time.Techno takes takes. Techno takes time. Techno takes time. Techno takes TIME.

T-t-t takes time.Techno takes time.Tech-- takes time.Techno takes takes. Techno takes time. Techno takes time. Techno takes TIME.

T-t-t takes time.Techno takes itme.Techno takes time.Techno takes takes. Techno takes time. Techno takes time. TIME takes tech.

T-t-t takes time.Techno takes time.Techno takes time.Techno takes takes. Tech. Tech. Tech. Tech.

AM I TECHNOING CORRECT MOM??!!!

Old Post Jul-18-2021 19:06  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Beatflux Click here to Send Beatflux a Private Message Add Beatflux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lacksesepsotygh
;B

Most subgenres of techno are well worth exploring, but there are a few flavours of techno I personally don't care for.

I'm having a hard time finding tracks I like from the Spiral Tribe crew and all its affiliates. This wonky, tribalistic fast-paced "tekno/hardtek" really isn't for me.

Another style I really don't like is London/UK Acid by people like Choci, Geezer, Dave the Drummer, Guy McAffer and Chris Liberator. To me it just sounds like sped-up hard house with the worst elements of techno thrown over.

I won't skip any of these records when digging, as I'd like to hear/sample all electronic records published before year 2000, but I rarely find anything worth playing from these styles. BPM isn't the issue here as I enjoy many other directions with similar speed.

Old Post Jul-25-2021 14:58  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lacksesepsotygh Click here to Send lacksesepsotygh a Private Message Visit lacksesepsotygh's homepage! Add lacksesepsotygh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by lacksesepsotygh
Another style I really don't like is London/UK Acid by people like Choci, Geezer, Dave the Drummer, Guy McAffer and Chris Liberator. To me it just sounds like sped-up hard house with the worst elements of techno thrown over.

I guess something like DJ Misjah & DJ Tim - Access is not your cup of tea.

Chris Liberator seems to take a swipe at other styles of techno with the compilation "It's Not Intelligent or Detroit..." You have more knowledge on techno and its subgenres than I do so I understand why you don't like it.

Old Post Jul-25-2021 17:59  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lacksesepsotygh
;B

I don't mind that track at all. I've got many X-Trax records, and will probably play Access in Hjärngymnastik later on.

This is the kind of acid I don't like.

Old Post Jul-25-2021 18:39  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lacksesepsotygh Click here to Send lacksesepsotygh a Private Message Visit lacksesepsotygh's homepage! Add lacksesepsotygh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
junglist
tranceaddict

yes. So is proper trance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osOUbrPYXEo

Old Post Jul-29-2021 16:17  Saudi Arabia
Click Here to See the Profile for junglist Click here to Send junglist a Private Message Add junglist to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
still loves trance.

quote:
Originally posted by capricorn15
Try listening to some Deniro, some nice melodic, easily accessible techno imo:

i find this type super boring.

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Aug-07-2021 20:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
still loves trance.

anything like this is my cuppa tea

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Aug-07-2021 20:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Pluviose
Supreme tranceaddict

holy shit there are some dope cosmic space bangers in this threadddddddddd

Old Post Aug-14-2021 07:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Pluviose Click here to Send Dj Pluviose a Private Message Add Dj Pluviose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Is Techno an acquired taste?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNew amazing electro/synth-pop track played by Westbam on Mayday HU 2006. Please ID. [2006] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFabio Mc - "Return Of Memory" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread