Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Chill Out or Die Again [Ambient : 58:00 : Instinct & Rising High Records Classics]
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

Chill Out or Die Again [Ambient : 58:00 : Instinct & Rising High Records Classics]

This is my first ambient mix ever. Don't let this scare you because I put a lot of love into this one. There is no sampling; this is just mixed, weaved, stiched, eq'ed, cross-faded, etc. I hope you enjoy it. I put a lot of care into this to make it real special. These classic ambient tracks are best described as environmental, a little spacey, and warm. I hope you enjoy it as much I do.

TRACKLIST

1. Banco de Gaia - Desert Wind (Interstate 101 Mix) [intro] - - - [Waveform Records, 1994]

2. James Bernard - Mars Rain - - - [Rising High Records, 1994]

3. MLO Productions - Wimborne - - - [Rising High Records, 1994]

4. Terre Thaemlitz - 040468 - - - [Instinct Records, 1994]

5. Human Mesh Dance - Wet Moon - - - [Instinct Records, 1994]

6. Bedouin Ascent - Mammon - - - [Rising High Records, 1994]

7. James Bernard - Euph - - - [Rising High Records, 1994]

8. The New London School of Electronics - The Deepest Cut - - - [Rising High Records, 1994]

58:00
132 mb
320 kbps

quote:
FILE "Spacey_Orange_-_Chill_Out_or_Die_Again.mp3" MP3

TRACK 01 AUDIO
INDEX 01 0:00:00
TITLE "Desert Wind"
PERFORMER "Banco de Gaia"

TRACK 02 AUDIO
INDEX 01 0:45:43
TITLE "Mars Rain"
PERFORMER "James Bernard"

TRACK 03 AUDIO
INDEX 01 6:47:00
TITLE "Wimborne"
PERFORMER "MLO Productions"

TRACK 04 AUDIO
INDEX 01 15:02:10
TITLE "040468"
PERFORMER "Terre Thaemlitz"

TRACK 05 AUDIO
INDEX 01 21:38:59
TITLE "Wet Moon"
PERFORMER "Human Mesh Dance"

TRACK 06 AUDIO
INDEX 01 27:46:00
TITLE "Mammon"
PERFORMER "Bedouin Ascent"

TRACK 07 AUDIO
INDEX 01 37:09:39
TITLE "Euph"
PERFORMER "James Bernard"

TRACK 08 AUDIO
INDEX 01 46:54:20
TITLE "The Deepest Cut"
PERFORMER "The New London School Of Electronics"

ABOUT THE TITLE: It's a reference to the Rising High Records ambient series and an allusion to the belief in some cultures that if you don't behave (you don't chill out) you're destined to die and be reborn again (which is a bad thing, i suppose).

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Last edited by Spacey Orange on Nov-26-2012 at 08:48

Old Post Aug-14-2006 02:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Love savant

Wonderful mix, very well sequenced and with heavyweight talent at all bases. Particularly happy to hear that Terre Thaemlitz track again, been ages since I heard it last. Not as varied as I usually like my ambient mixes, but since it is fairly short and based somewhat around a certain theme, it doesn't bug me all that much. Thumbs up to you, good sir.

edit: where is that cover taken from?

Old Post Aug-29-2006 19:27  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

thanks for the kind words. the painting is by some french guy, magritte i recall.

Old Post Aug-31-2006 05:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

TranceGiant asked me to update the link, so PRESTO. this time i uploaded large and small files.

Old Post Nov-01-2006 04:56 
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

someone asked me to reupload this, so i thought there's no sense in letting it go to waste. it's only up to about 7 days tho.

Old Post Feb-18-2007 20:06 
alefort
Melanie is the bestest!

Grabbing this. I rarely get to listen to ambient sets, and I find it so hard to find sets that really speak to me. Looking forward to hearing this.

Old Post Feb-18-2007 21:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for alefort Click here to Send alefort a Private Message Add alefort to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Eleazar
tranceaddict

Love chillout and ambient. Looking forward to checking this out.

Here's a download mirror

Thanks for sharing!

Edit: mirror working again

Edit: one year later, mirror still working

Last edited by Eleazar on Mar-24-2009 at 12:56

Old Post Feb-19-2007 03:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Eleazar Click here to Send Eleazar a Private Message Visit Eleazar's homepage! Add Eleazar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

quote:
Originally posted by alefort
Grabbing this. I rarely get to listen to ambient sets, and I find it so hard to find sets that really speak to me. Looking forward to hearing this.

i totally understand what you mean. i think the word 'ambient' is much to broad a word, encapsulating many different types of sounds, patterns, structure, etc. compare all of the tracks in the mix and they're all different in some manner, but still i think they're all considered ambient. even these are still different then the tracks in my other mix.

quote:
Originally posted by Eleazar
Love chillout and ambient. Looking forward to checking this out.

Here's a download mirror

Thanks for sharing!

you're very welcome. thank you for the mirror.

Old Post Feb-19-2007 06:55 
MDB
Junior tranceaddict

Hello Spacey, Can you reupload this set?

Old Post Oct-30-2007 21:45  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for MDB Click here to Send MDB a Private Message Add MDB to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

uploaded again.

Old Post Oct-31-2007 21:21 
MDB
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Spacey Orange
uploaded again.

Thank you, downloading right now.

Can't wait to listen it!

Old Post Oct-31-2007 21:26  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for MDB Click here to Send MDB a Private Message Add MDB to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
justin
bana na-na

saw MDB had made a request for you to re up the mix so i waited and grabbed as well.

Old Post Oct-31-2007 23:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for justin Click here to Send justin a Private Message Add justin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Chill Out or Die Again [Ambient : 58:00 : Instinct & Rising High Records Classics]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread