Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Booming Assault of Subwoofer Sounds [Miami/Booty/Techno B-B-B-BASS!!!]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Booming Assault of Subwoofer Sounds [Miami/Booty/Techno B-B-B-BASS!!!]

Whoa! Another MixTape already!? You bet, and it too is something of a 10 year retrospective, this time of the classic sounds of Southern States Boom from '86-96. The artists featured here were all about pushing and punishing woofers, much to the delight of bass heads and annoyance of their neighbors. And when they weren't cruisin' the streets with booming beats, they were chasin' that juicy booty in the clubs.

This mix celebrates the music that came on CDs with its own brand of Warning Stickers: "Extreme Bass Within: May Damage Speakers". Heed this warning, for only those equipped with the finest low-end audio capabilities will truly enjoy all that this mix has to offer!

(don't worry, there's also some cool stuff in the mids and highs)

This was a bit of a challenge for me to make, as a mix of this sort is well outside my comfort zone. But hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained, so let me know what ya'll think of this. Alright, enough chatter, get ready for some mutherfuckin' B-A-S-S!

BOOMING ASSAULT of SUBWOOFER SOUNDS

TRACK LIST: (total runtime: 1h, 8m)

1. MC Shy-D - We Don't Play (1986)
2. Bass Citations - Moving Violations (1995)
3. L'Trimm - We Like The Cars That Go Boom (1988)
4. Beatmaster Clay D & The Get Funky Crew - Do Your Duty (1988)
5. Maggotron - Welcome To The Bass Planet (Extended Version) (1986)
6. DJ Bass Boy - I Got The Bass (1992)
7. Bass Tech DXJ - S.N.A.B.O. (1994)
8. Bass Transmission - Techno Bass Transmission (1995)
9. Bass Factory 808 - Bass Ship Earth (1994)
10. Maggazulu Too - Alleycruiser Boom (1989)
11. DJ Trans - Ride Out (1995)
12. Clay D feat. MC Nas-D & Aim To Please - That Booty In There (1993)
13. Freak Nasty - Bump That Rump (Nasty Mixx) (1996)
14. Playa Poncho feat. L.A. Sno - Whatz Up, Whatz Up (1995)
15. Luke - I Wanna Rock (1991)
16. Bass Outlaws - Stereo Bass (Extreme Woofer Test) (1992)
17. Bass Mekanik - Lock On Target (1994)
18. Dj Magic Mike & Techmaster P.E.B. - Bass Planet (1996)
19. Techmaster P.E.B. - Bass Computer (1991)

In case all that bass hurt your eardrums, here's a link to the recent ambient mix I did.

(~)

Old Post Jul-15-2012 03:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

oh cool.. in for sure!

Old Post Jul-15-2012 03:28  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
still loves trance.

lol. i totally remember this era. my brother even bought some vinyl with this track (below) and i even went to see the 2live crew.

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Oct-01-2012 06:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by Spacey Orange
lol. i totally remember this era. my brother even bought some vinyl with this track (below) and i even went to see the 2live crew.

Oh man, was their show anything like their vids?

Shame this mix didn't get much attention. Guess folks here truly couldn't handle the bass.

(~)

Old Post Oct-01-2012 19:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
still loves trance.

quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee
Oh man, was their show anything like their vids?

it was exactly like these dancers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6VT...tailpage#t=103s

quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee
Shame this mix didn't get much attention. Guess folks here truly couldn't handle the bass.

agreed. i'm guessing its because only a few grew up listening to this in some capacity. i guess the sound really didn't get around, aside from a few pockets of people, which probably is the case, given that a lot of this music didn't get much airplay on commercial radio. anyway, cheers for the trip down memory lane.

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Oct-02-2012 06:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alexuna
tranceaddict in training

I want to know Reasons Why Subwoofers Could Be Sounding Bad.it sounds too slow and drowns out the sharper bass coming from the speakers

google apps manager

Old Post Oct-02-2012 07:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alexuna Click here to Send alexuna a Private Message Add alexuna to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Booming Assault of Subwoofer Sounds [Miami/Booty/Techno B-B-B-BASS!!!]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease Help Me ID Tracks from ASOT 208 [2005] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJoop - Sonsuz [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread