Silent Night has the obvious gimmick-factor with bleepy synths and everything, but it is a pretty pleasant listening experience if you just take it for what it is. Beats the hell out of those "X-Mas Trance"-compilations anyway, not that that is saying much...
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
...but it is a pretty pleasant listening experience if you just take it for what it is.
Hmm.. May be true but I really can't 'just listen' to stuff like this. I seem to get Mariah Carey visionaries when listening to anything even remotely related to Christmas. Whether or not that's pleasant, I haven't decided yet.
quote:
Beats the hell out of those "X-Mas Trance"-compilations anyway, not that that is saying much...
it's gimmicky but i like it, it's cute in a sense but also just plain weird. strange that holden actually released it tho
___________________
facebook | blog | scrobbler | setarchive | 20160316
"I believe that's referred to as intelligent drum & bass, which obviously means there's a genre of stupid drum & bass out there" (John Peel)
Dec-02-2005 03:13
Dan1584
Anti-Elitist
Registered: Jan 2003
Location: Candyland, USA
Lol, never thought I'd hear my favorite Christmas song being remade by Nathan Fake... It's interesting, that's about it.
___________________
Infected Mushroom
"Dancing With Kadafi"
"Symphonatic"
'Nuff Said...
Dec-02-2005 05:01
RJT
last minute disco
Registered: Oct 2004
Location:
For how gimmicky or whatever it is, I do find it oddly comforting to listen to
Definately more of a colletor's release. It just puts more fire on my thesis of Nathan Fake and Schnauss making a collab!
And the second track sounds like a hybrid of M83 - somewhat minimal modern shoegazer.
This kid definately has talent and Holden has found a goldmine of a producer for his label. His album should be nothing short of brilliant.
Dec-02-2005 05:43
breslin
Supreme tranceaddict
Registered: Feb 2001
Location: County Antrim-Ireland
thought it was a joke when i heard he was doing the remix initially.
turned out quite well. quite odd really.
his album is going to be class.
___________________
Keep'er in the pants!
Dec-02-2005 10:11
Jasperovitsj
Zehra roxorzz my boxorzz
Registered: Apr 2004
Location: Hoboken, Belgium
It sounds like crap. You're all just liking it because it's Nathan Fake and he's cool to listen to