Posting Guidelines & Other Info- *POST COMMERCIAL RELEASES IN CD REVIEWS/NEW RELEASES FORUM*
For the most part, the music producers promotion forum takes care of itself, and i usually let everyone do their own thing, but here's just a few guidelines to follow before posting your productions.
1. DO NOT post material that has seen or will shortly see a commercial release. UPDATE: I WILL DELETE ANY THREADS that break this rule.
that's what the CD Reviews/New Releases Discussion subforum is for. not only is it hotlinked to your left, but it's at the top of the forums, 3rd subforum down, in the "Main Forums" area. you can't miss it. this particular rule is in place to give amateur/bedroom/up-and-coming producers a better chance at receiving exposure. furthermore, if for any reason you ever try charging someone for your track, i will delete the thread.
obviously, if you posted a thread about an unreleased track, and then months later it gets signed and released, don't feel pressured to edit, delete, or ask me to move the thread to the appropriate forum. in that situation, its all good. Use your own discretion so I don't have to.
2. DO NOT post DJ mixes, podcasts, radio shows, spam, pirated/copyrighted music, or anything other than original productions, with the exception of remix competitions and other promotional opportunities.
the logic for this is obvious. post DJ mixes in the DJ Promotion forum. I will, however, allow threads that contain opportunities for producers such as remix competitions, track release contests, and compilation offerings to be advertised so long as entry, consideration, and the acquisition of samples are FREE. Pretty much, if you're trying to make a profit, I'm going to delete your shit. these types of threads are better suited for the Production Studio, however.
3. DO NOT antagonize, harass, insult, or generally flame/troll others who post their work.
it's not at all helpful, it offends the artist, and it's just plain disrespectful. i won't tolerate that BS- that's what the c0r is for. if you feel you are being attacked by a user, pm me with links to the thread(s) in question and i'll decide what to do from there.
4. DO NOT re-create a deleted or moved thread, and DO NOT repost the same track in multiple forums.
it was deleted or moved for a reason- but honest mistakes sometime happen. don't repost the same track in other forums either; not only is it spamming, but it's also redundant and again unfair to others trying to promote their own material. this also includes excessive bumping- there's nothing wrong with the occasional bump, but doing so every day with all of your threads won't be tolerated. use your discretion, but if it gets ridiculous, i'll close or delete them.
5. DO NOT hesitate to ask questions if you have any about the subforum, what type of works are acceptable, etc.
feel free to shoot me a PM or post in this thread and I'll get back to you as soon as i can. furthermore, i'm open for discussion and any ideas about how this subforum can be maintained in the best manner possible. aside from that, do yo thang up in this subforum, yo.
Other Info & Further Reading:
- Licensing, Copyright and Distribution Info
- TA Producers Myspace Directory
- TA Producers Youtube Channel Directory
- HTML Tutorial for Sharing SoundCloud Material
Last edited by Omega_Blue on Sep-19-2012 at 18:29