Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Speactra - Decisions /Progressive (320kbps)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Speactra
Oltha

Speactra - Decisions /Progressive (320kbps)

Hey TA's!

Time for something I haven't done for a long time, make a edm-track.
It's sort of a progressive house track, pretty emotional. The story behind the name is just that i'm in a crossroad of my life, deciding if I want to buy a house or not. There is much to think about...
Well, I hope you enjoy this track, brings the old Speactra back

(Updated bassline and some tweaking)

Speactra - Decisions (Download)

speactra.blogspot.com

http://speactra.blogspot.com
MYSPACE:
Speactra Trance, Progressive, Psy
Oltha Downtempo, Experimental NEW

Last edited by Speactra on Jun-16-2009 at 19:54

Old Post Jun-13-2009 13:58  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Speactra Click here to Send Speactra a Private Message Visit Speactra's homepage! Add Speactra to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Speactra
Oltha

Anyone?

MYSPACE:

Old Post Jun-15-2009 20:14  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Speactra Click here to Send Speactra a Private Message Visit Speactra's homepage! Add Speactra to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

This sounds very, very weird for me.

It sounds like you somehow combined two different tracks - the bassline seems completely disjointed from the rest of the track and it makes everything sound very dissonant.

Then comes the break where that nice lead melody enters in, which is very cool (although also has a couple of odd notes I don't quite get). All seems well...

...until the melody disappears and that weird bassline comes back in and everything sounds very weird again.

I don't know - the whole thing just reminds me of a strange dream. It's not really a nightmare but everything is just very strange and confusing.

Candida Auris [Morphosis]
Incognita EP [IN2U]

Old Post Jun-15-2009 20:30  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

wickid track man, savin to my music folder. nice work no doubt.

yea maybe it could be changed a little, few notes and sounds but hey, whats the fun in that? If you feel you got what you wanted then thats key. nice bassline, i do like this track. peace man.

mac

Old Post Jun-15-2009 21:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Speactra
Oltha

Thanks for the great review Mr.! Very usefull. I often just stand still and get mad on the dancefloor when I hear a great melody and then just *bam bam bam*. But for this track I did it myself. I felt like it was the right thing to do and it still is for me.. Then if it was the right thing is another question. At least I've learnt something

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
the whole thing just reminds me of a strange dream. It's not really a nightmare but everything is just very strange and confusing.

That's how it feels in my head right now

quote:
Originally posted by msz
wickid track man, savin to my music folder. nice work no doubt.
yea maybe it could be changed a little, few notes and sounds but hey, whats the fun in that?

Thanks mac! There's always something you could to make something "perfect". I tend to leave stuff when i'm pleased. On one side to make it more alive (not so perfect that it makes the track tensed) and on the other side cause i'm lazy.. and sometimes it gets too much too.

I am feeling great cause there was so long ago I made something like this

Thanks!

MYSPACE:

Old Post Jun-15-2009 21:27  Sweden
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

quote:
Originally posted by Speactra
Thanks for the great review Mr.! Very usefull. I often just stand still and get mad on the dancefloor when I hear a great melody and then just *bam bam bam*. But for this track I did it myself. I felt like it was the right thing to do and it still is for me.. Then if it was the right thing is another question. At least I've learnt something

One thing I forgot to mention was that the production quality is very nice, it sounds very clean and sharp.

Candida Auris [Morphosis]
Incognita EP [IN2U]

Old Post Jun-15-2009 22:50  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Subtle
Subreme tranceaddict

This sounds pretty good, the bass, rhythm and that stabby repeating synth in the background is awesome, however the pads, melodies and everything on top doesnt quite cut it for me.
Still i like the overall wierdness and atmosphere of the track.

http://soundcloud.com/subtara

Old Post Jun-15-2009 23:44  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Subtle Click here to Send Subtle a Private Message Visit Subtle's homepage! Add Subtle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jobro
tranceaddict

The bassline is out of tune. therwise a very good track.

Old Post Jun-16-2009 04:16  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for jobro Click here to Send jobro a Private Message Visit jobro's homepage! Add jobro to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

Nice to hear someone using hardware synthesizers on this forum. Exceptional quality. Adding this to my collection. Infinite love and gratitude <3

Last edited by meriter on Jun-16-2009 at 05:20

Old Post Jun-16-2009 05:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tarpex
Senior tranceaddict

Yeah, nice production quality, just get your bass in tune with the rest of the track, it's giving me creeps
Arrangement is a bit weird, but it doesn't feel like a dancefloor track, so there's some leeway there of course.

Sounds to me like you didn't know exactly what to do with this track, how to round it all up, it's missing a clear fundamental idea, sometimes it feels it's just different sound being thrown together with nothing to really connect them all up.

It reminded me though to a really old Timo Maas track that's been quite nightmarish (forgot the name, was about 2k2 or so), you could round it up like that, would be cool to listen to, just give the track some kind of a headline

cheers

Old Post Jun-16-2009 10:37  Slovenia
Click Here to See the Profile for Tarpex Click here to Send Tarpex a Private Message Add Tarpex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tobaddiction
tranceaddict

would be a great track with the bassline at the correct tone!

Old Post Jun-16-2009 16:11  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for tobaddiction Click here to Send tobaddiction a Private Message Visit tobaddiction's homepage! Add tobaddiction to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Speactra
Oltha

Thank you everyone!!
I updated the bassline, and now it should be correct. I placed the lower note of the bassline on A# and the higher on A, that could be the problem. Both on A# now. Also added some parts when it rises to D#. Good or bad? I think it works really well, adding some variation

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
One thing I forgot to mention was that the production quality is very nice, it sounds very clean and sharp.

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by meriter
Nice to hear someone using hardware synthesizers on this forum.

Actually, it's pure software Thanks though!

quote:
Originally posted by Tarpex
Sounds to me like you didn't know exactly what to do with this track, how to round it all up, it's missing a clear fundamental idea, sometimes it feels it's just different sound being thrown together with nothing to really connect them all up.

Yes, I should put more time getting those things right. Will try to find that tune too, Thanks.

MYSPACE:

Old Post Jun-16-2009 20:04  Sweden

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Speactra - Decisions /Progressive (320kbps)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread