Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland > Visiting UK & Ireland
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
THE_Chris
needs a new CT

Brilliant UK transport?

Visit the M25 thesedays, or have a look at the failure of the M6 Toll. Then have a trip down the A3 to Hindhead, and wish the tunnel was open to bypass that place

IDing tracks is like having sex, the more you get the happier you'll be!!

Want to download a Digweed set? TA ID HUNT!

Old Post Apr-02-2008 10:26  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for THE_Chris Click here to Send THE_Chris a Private Message Add THE_Chris to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
G K Murray
Likes old skool trance

Wasn't really talking about congestion, or the state of the roads.

More the fact i used to have to walk 6 miles to a bus-stop so I could get to the city, and I never lived out-in-the-sticks just on a suburb.

Old Post Apr-03-2008 12:06  England
Click Here to See the Profile for G K Murray Click here to Send G K Murray a Private Message Add G K Murray to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PvD4Life
tranceaddict in training

Hey people,

any big house/trance DJs playing between the 10th and the 12th in London!

cheers

Old Post Apr-03-2008 13:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for PvD4Life Click here to Send PvD4Life a Private Message Add PvD4Life to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mr.anderson
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by G K Murray
Interesting to hear a few people commenting on how bad the UK is.

I've lived in Australia for about a year now. Trust me - England is a great counrty. I suppose it's a case of "you don't know what you've got until it's gone", or something like that.

Nice weather here but that's about it. Just be thankfull that the UK has an unbeleivable dance scene, and there's plenty of work, transport is briliant etc....

People just dont appreciate what we have got here...

Plus we get paid more than Australians and we dont have poisonous spiders lol

Old Post Apr-07-2008 12:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for mr.anderson Click here to Send mr.anderson a Private Message Add mr.anderson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
n3lly
www.n3lly.com

quote:
Originally posted by mr.anderson
People just dont appreciate what we have got here...

Plus we get paid more than Australians and we dont have poisonous spiders lol

Pointless comment. We get paid more. We pay more.

I just spent a year in australia, 2 months in new zealand and travelled asia.

Basically i boiled it down to loving living over there because i made good mates.

They have a different attitude to life. In australia, you get your job, pay your rent, and have a few spare beer tokens at the end of the day.

Over here it's all a lot more frantic. House prices are fucked, living expenses are through the roof.

I basically put it down to my mates. It's probably the most important part of my life for me. Having a good laugh with your friends. Nights out in Dublin are shite, but they have been getting better. I wasn't expecting shite when i got back 6 weeks ago (i was away for 16 months) but every weekend someones been playing and my only worry now is work!

If i knew what career i wanted and the direction i wanted to go in i'd probably have stayed over there for a few years. (only because i made some really good friends)

Most friends at home have either moved over to the UK or are still traveling.

The UK isn't that bad though as you have a larger population and more things going on. Ireland is sometimes just too small, but then that's the beauty of the place isn't it.

went on a bit of a tangent there.

If you want to get pissed and have a laugh with locals. Ireland's not too bad, if you're looking for some good trance nights....... Good luck.

Old Post Apr-07-2008 15:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for n3lly Click here to Send n3lly a Private Message Visit n3lly's homepage! Add n3lly to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mr.anderson
Supreme tranceaddict

Is Republic of Ireland more expensive than the UK?

Old Post Apr-07-2008 17:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for mr.anderson Click here to Send mr.anderson a Private Message Add mr.anderson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DK Man
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm coming to London for 2 nights before heading out to Ibiza in September. September 19th & 20, it's a shame I already got my hotels and airline tickets, if not I would have went to Sheffield insted. Anyway, what club should I visit? I love Trance, I wanted to go to Ministry of Sound but It's Danny Tenaglia & Dave Seaman not at all Trancy! What do you TA suggest???
Thanks
Dom K.

Old Post Aug-12-2008 13:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DK Man Click here to Send DK Man a Private Message Add DK Man to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
johnnyreno
tranceaddict in training

I went around dublin and cork with some friends. It was just far too expensive for to go out.

Old Post Dec-06-2008 18:15  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for johnnyreno Click here to Send johnnyreno a Private Message Add johnnyreno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SnuggLe
drs. Betweter

Hi,
I'm in London on the 22nd/23rd of February. Any good parties in London around that time? Mostly intro progressive house (Sasha/Digweed etc). Any help appreciated!

Old Post Jan-10-2009 17:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for SnuggLe Click here to Send SnuggLe a Private Message Add SnuggLe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stilez
RealTalk & Srsbidniz

Hey guys,

does anyone know of any reasonably cheap hostels or places to stay in London? I'll be there for 4 days the end of June and all the places we've found so far a fairly pricey. Even the hostels.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | Soundcloud | MixCloud | BLOG

Old Post Mar-10-2009 02:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Stilez Click here to Send Stilez a Private Message Visit Stilez's homepage! Add Stilez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
winston
ultraviolet catastrophe

soon

"I think the scientific and the artistic spirit have something in common. The scientist wants not only to learn the facts, but to understand how they cohere, fit together and make a whole. He even uses criteria such as beauty and symmetry to help decide which theory he wants.

The scientist cannot capture the whole cosmos in thought. In his mind he makes a kind of microcosm, which we see as an analogue of the cosmos. In this way we try to get a feeling for the whole. The artist, I suppose, gets a feeling for the whole some other way.”

David Bohm in “Art, Dialogue and the Implicate Order”, published in On Creativity RC (Routledge Classics)

Old Post Mar-20-2009 10:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for winston Click here to Send winston a Private Message Add winston to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RR87
tranceaddict

going to Ireland at the end of the month? Anything interesting happening out there?

Old Post Jun-12-2009 21:17  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for RR87 Click here to Send RR87 a Private Message Visit RR87's homepage! Add RR87 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland > Visiting UK & Ireland
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackdreamy tune from 2002... [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOblik - "Restless" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread