Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Review: Labour of Love 2010
Pages (13): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Wyndham
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Stilez
none of you answered my question you bunch of homos.

What was Digweed's last song?

read the thread idiot i already posted a link

Old Post Sep-15-2010 05:32  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Wyndham Click here to Send Wyndham a Private Message Add Wyndham to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stilez
RealTalk & Srsbidniz

quote:
Originally posted by Wyndham
read the thread idiot i already posted a link

u took that pretty personal
...but thanks for the link jerk.

Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | Soundcloud | MixCloud | BLOG

Old Post Sep-15-2010 16:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for Stilez Click here to Send Stilez a Private Message Visit Stilez's homepage! Add Stilez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib

quote:
Originally posted by v-vaughn
Now I'm heading back to the KH wondering if I'm going to be bored to shit again by Digweed. I highly disliked him in Sept 2008, and he in general for awhile was always my least favourite dj b/c I always found him SO boring.
But I can say with utmost pleasure that he absolutely ripped everyones clothes off. He played hard, DARK, chugging prog. WOW. I was so impressed, and seeing what he turned the KH into was a treat. This was probably the hilight of the night for me, not because I preferred him over Markus (I don't think that could ever be possible for me) but because he unexpectedly blew me away. Every moment of his set was so intense (minus the last couple of unfortunate tracks he finished off with). I know a lot of people on this forum love him to pieces, and now I can understand why. I promise I won't turn my nose up at him anymore!

Who would have thought?

Old Post Sep-15-2010 16:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

i have a video of one of his last songs he played. ill upload it when i have time.

Old Post Sep-15-2010 18:12  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jad
_.spark._

Hey can anybody id these tracks from Digweed's set? Some poor filming, but the audio quality's alright.

Old Post Sep-15-2010 23:28  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for jad Click here to Send jad a Private Message Visit jad's homepage! Add jad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

quote:
Originally posted by jad

i have a video of the track digweed is about to mix into at the end of this video. i think it was the 2nd or maybe 3rd last track he played that night.

Old Post Sep-16-2010 00:18  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jad
_.spark._

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
i have a video of the track digweed is about to mix into at the end of this video. i think it was the 2nd or maybe 3rd last track he played that night.

Hook it up.

There was one song he mixed that had a hypnotic muted triangle (instrument) melody that reminded me of tetris. There was also an older techno track (2008/2009 I believe) with a siren breakdown in the middle. These are very vague descriptions, but if anybody has videos or knows what they're called.. then please do share. He dropped some amazing tunes that night.

Last edited by jad on Sep-16-2010 at 00:45

Old Post Sep-16-2010 00:37  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for jad Click here to Send jad a Private Message Visit jad's homepage! Add jad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

quote:
Originally posted by jad
Hook it up.

There was one song he mixed that had a hypnotic muted triangle (instrument) melody that reminded me of tetris. There was also an older techno track (2008/2009 I believe) with a siren breakdown in the middle. These are very vague descriptions, but if anybody has videos or knows what they're called.. then please do share. He dropped some amazing tunes that night.

I got my friend to upload them. Don't know the 2nd track.

Pfirter - De a Poco

Old Post Sep-17-2010 14:08  France
DaRoZa
NEXT LEVEL

quote:
Originally posted by jad
There was one song he mixed that had a hypnotic muted triangle (instrument) melody that reminded me of tetris.

?

cockrub?

Old Post Sep-17-2010 23:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DaRoZa Click here to Send DaRoZa a Private Message Add DaRoZa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
I_Am_Vince
aka Invasionmix

quote:
Markus Schulz Blog on Labour of Love in Toronto

Labour of Love, Toronto (GDJB World Tour Recording) - Sunday September 5th Add a near five hour flight and three hours of time difference, and it was well after 7pm Eastern when I landed in Toronto. Our first call of duty was to head straight to the Koolhaus and do the customary soundcheck & recording setup for a World Tour show.

We went back to the hotel. I was completely beat and wanted to be in the right frame of mind for such an important set later, so I headed off to bed. Tim stayed up and arranged to meet with that crazy Toronto native we love called Arnej. A couple of hours later, they picked me up to the hotel and we all travelled together to the Guvernment complex, and arrived at around 1:30am.

I wasn’t due to go on for an hour so we headed to the back room, where we found such luminaries as Glenn Morrison hanging out, as well as a rare appearance from Mr. Tranceaddict himself, Swamper. We had some fun chatting and catching up, but I was keeping my focus firmly on the next few hours, because not only was it a World Tour recording, but because of the significance of playing this event and venue.

Much like New York, Toronto feels like a home away from home for me. The people there are so gracious and hospitable, and it feels like seeing one big giant family. Just before 2:30am I went up to the Koolhaus and greeted the guys from Above & Beyond, who were finishing off. It felt so good to be back in that booth again. It gives me so much inspiration that it feels like a bolt of electricity running right through you. I knew that the first two tracks were going to set the tone for the night.

The next two hours are exactly what you heard on last week’s Global DJ Broadcast. One of the things I had worked on ahead of the weekend, but deliberately held back until this night, was a special intro / mashup using Perception and Tomcraft & Jerome Isma-Ae’s track, Trouble in the Redlight District. It nearly took the roof off! And up next was my special moment, the one I had been looking forward to the most - playing the Dakota track Koolhaus, in the Koolhaus. It finally happened!

Of course for all of you who listened to the broadcast, the big feature was the revealing of a new track by yours truly, made specifically for this year’s Transmission event in Prague. I have been roadtesting it for a couple of months ago, and you would have heard it debuted on radio in the previous World Tour from Budapest. A lot of the Toronto peeps seemed to have caught wind that this might have been something made by me, and they let their feelings known when they heard it coming through the speakers.

As each track passed in the set, the more and more special this night felt. And it showed that Toronto never ceases to amaze me with all the love I receive. I had to consciously take things down a notch towards the end, out of respect for John Digweed (who was following me afterwards), but still wanted to go out with a big finish. So the original of Perception did the trick for me.

And that was it… a long overdue experience in the Koolhaus, and I loved every minute of it. I felt a great sense of pride and felt like we had achieved something with the recording, and hopefully you guys at home enjoyed it too. I was very tired, so I said my goodbyes and went back to the hotel for some sleep. Had to be sensible… because the next flight was only a few hours away.

But a big thank you as always to the Toronto natives for all your support. I can’t wait to come back to the Guvernment again, and hopefully I’ll get to grace the Koolhaus soon again.

Old Post Sep-18-2010 01:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for I_Am_Vince Click here to Send I_Am_Vince a Private Message Add I_Am_Vince to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jad
_.spark._

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
I got my friend to upload them. Don't know the 2nd track.

Pfirter - De a Poco

Great track. Haven't heard much from this producer before. It was a different track though.. the track I was talking about had this ambulance-like siren loop. Dubfire used to mix it quite a lot. Thanks anyways.

Old Post Sep-18-2010 23:15  Palestine
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Markus Schulz Blog on Labour of Love in Toronto

I wasn’t due to go on for an hour so we headed to the back room, where we found such luminaries as Glenn Morrison hanging out, as well as a rare appearance from Mr. Tranceaddict himself, Swamper. We had some fun chatting and catching up, but I was keeping my focus firmly on the next few hours, because not only was it a World Tour recording, but because of the significance of playing this event and venue.

haha that was great! Schulz is awesome... down to earth and a funny guy.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Sep-18-2010 23:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Review: Labour of Love 2010
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (13): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp Id? [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJunior Sanchez - "Slave Beat" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread