Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mental Exodus
Supreme tranceaddict

Be Cool!

http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald.html
BOOYAA found it.
Not a bad read at all

MUSIC GURU - 2002.

Old Post Mar-12-2003 03:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Exodus Click here to Send Mental Exodus a Private Message Visit Mental Exodus's homepage! Add Mental Exodus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
occrider
Traveladdict

quote:
Originally posted by Trancer-X
How about American industrialists funding Communism. There's much that the public doesn't know! How could we? We're kept in the dark.

Wow that's got to have an interesting tie in, especially since it would appear to be counter-productive for industrialists to sponsor communism!

Anyway if you like astronomy at all read:

The Whole Shebang A State of the Universe(s) by Timothy Ferris: It's a little more in-depth than carl sagan and stephen hawking but not over your head.

And my current history read:

Carnage and Culture by Victor Davis Hanson: I disagree with some of his premises but he presents an interesting argument as to why some cultures are are inherentely successful in war.

Old Post Mar-12-2003 03:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for occrider Click here to Send occrider a Private Message Add occrider to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

Hegelian Philosophy dominates the Rockefeller clan as well as the Knights of Malta, the top 3 degrees of Freemasonry, the Priory of Scion, et cetera.

quote:
Originally posted by occrider
Wow that's got to have an interesting tie in, especially since it would appear to be counter-productive for industrialists to sponsor communism!

Old Post Mar-12-2003 17:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancer-X Click here to Send Trancer-X a Private Message Visit Trancer-X's homepage! Add Trancer-X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

http://reformed-theology.org/html/b...tion/index.html

quote:
Originally posted by occrider

Old Post Mar-19-2003 22:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancer-X Click here to Send Trancer-X a Private Message Visit Trancer-X's homepage! Add Trancer-X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klingklang77
blank

-'catcher in the rye' by salinger is my all time favourite...
-'in cold blood' by truman capote excellent issues dealing with the death penalty.
-'junky' william burroughs...his writing style is unique to say the least.
-'don't let's go to the dogs tonight' alexandra fuller- i can not recomend this book more- an excellent story about a briton growing up in Rhodesia as it turned to zimbabwe (i have a slight african obsession)
-'a good man is hard to find'- flannery o'conner- great short story
-'on the road'- jack kerouac. great story about being yourself and growing into yourself...if you like catcher in the rye you will like this book as long as you are over the age of 22.
-'all quiet on the western front'- read it NOW it is war time....i leave my thoughts at that....

i like a lot of poetry and plays but does that count as a book? i see it as literature- i just read a play by lessing 'emilia galotti' i really liked it.

and my favourite poem at the moment- 'der Erlkönig' by goethe. but it must be read in german.

Old Post Mar-21-2003 04:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for klingklang77 Click here to Send klingklang77 a Private Message Add klingklang77 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JohnSmith
Agent Smith

I know it's already been said, but damn George Orwell - 1984 is a good book! I've picked it up last week, and it's so engaging.

War is peace. Eurasia is afghanistan. Eastasia is Iraq.

Visit my site Antiwar Homepage

Old Post Mar-26-2003 19:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnSmith Click here to Send JohnSmith a Private Message Add JohnSmith to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PeacefulWarrior
aDdiCtEd to cHUnKy bEaTs

The following site contains several free ebooks including Orwell's "1984," Huxley's "Brave New World" and de Jasay's "The State."

http://freedomlaw.com/ReadSect.html#Patriot

Johnsmith, I would have posted it earlier if I'd known you'd needed it.

Old Post Mar-26-2003 21:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PeacefulWarrior Click here to Send PeacefulWarrior a Private Message Add PeacefulWarrior to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JohnSmith
Agent Smith

cool man, thanks! i didn't find the book, but i saw the review of 1984, and couldn't help read the summary! it's a trap! go back wilson!

Old Post Mar-26-2003 22:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnSmith Click here to Send JohnSmith a Private Message Add JohnSmith to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PeacefulWarrior
aDdiCtEd to cHUnKy bEaTs

quote:
Originally posted by JohnSmith
cool man, thanks! i didn't find the book, but i saw the review of 1984, and couldn't help read the summary! it's a trap! go back wilson!

http://www.online-literature.com/orwell/1984/

It should be on the left side of the screen as you scroll down--it's divided into individual chapters as opposed to a big file.

Old Post Mar-27-2003 01:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PeacefulWarrior Click here to Send PeacefulWarrior a Private Message Add PeacefulWarrior to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Gourhellyea
Senior tranceaddict

wow i read through this entire post and nobody has mentioned any works by shakespeare. once you get past the old english and start reading it you will be amazed by how he uses language. i was fortunate enough to take a class on it last semester and my prof opened my eyes to all of the symbolism and deeper themes within his plays. if you read closely you will appreciate why he is the greatest western writer of all time.

kurt vonnegut is also amazing, i would highly recommend slaughterhouse five.

i hated catch-22, what did you guys see in it?

Old Post Apr-01-2003 04:35  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Gourhellyea Click here to Send Gourhellyea a Private Message Add Gourhellyea to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JudgeJulez
Senior tranceaddict

Be Cool!

Question: According to survey's, Ayn Rand's 'Atlas Shrugged' is second on the list of books that have most influenced college students (The Bible's #1). What's it about, and what makes it have that sort of effect on college students?

oh and two quickies:

'Common Ground' by J. Anthony Lukas-wow, wonderful history, written in a biographical style told from multiple angles, that dissects the events that made up the years of de-segregating public schools in Boston. Must read for anyone interested in social history (or actually, anyone who enjoys a good read; I couldn't put it down, over 600 pages and I finished it in under two wks)

'Ways of Seeing' by John Berger. Excellent introduction to approaching art from an ideological perspective. Very short, but the points come across crystal clear.

Old Post Apr-02-2003 19:47  Thailand
Click Here to See the Profile for JudgeJulez Click here to Send JudgeJulez a Private Message Add JudgeJulez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JohnSmith
Agent Smith

quote:
Originally posted by JohnSmith

well, i finished the book, the ending is kinda.. depressing. then i rented the movie, and it's even worse. :/

Old Post Apr-07-2003 03:28  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJudge Jules sundissential 99 [2004] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWay Out West - "Mindcircus" (Original Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread