Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > NYC Visitors Thread / Important Links / Have a question? ASK HERE!
Pages (22): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Cubsnation1
Whats the weather like Labor day weekend in the past ?

Hot. Pack light clothes and a hoodie or something of that sort.

Old Post Jul-20-2009 08:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by DiscoStew
Wow! I can tell you guys really put a lot of time and effort into this thread. Thank you so much! Can't wait to come to NY!

One question: I'm itching for some vinyl. Our last EDM record store in Atlanta closed two years ago. If I only have time to go to one record store, which one would you recommend?

Halcyon in DUMBO, Brooklyn.

57 Pearl St.

www.halcyonline.com

Old Post Jul-20-2009 08:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yankeeBaby
Keepin it real....

quote:
so i should wears jeans and bring a wind breaker ?

Oh MY GOD!!! seriously, look up the weather and pack accordingly!!! bring layers, because labour day can be either chilly or mad hot. it veries.

Old Post Jul-20-2009 15:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeBaby Click here to Send yankeeBaby a Private Message Add yankeeBaby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cubsnation1
Supreme tranceaddict

What do u guys recommend me try when I visit NY ? I love deep dish pizza !!

Old Post Jul-21-2009 05:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Cubsnation1 Click here to Send Cubsnation1 a Private Message Add Cubsnation1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
deep dish pizza !!

That's not pizza, to me it looks like a big pot pie. Pizza is not meant to be eaten with a fork.
BTW, do not mention deep dish pizza to native NY'ers, they hate to hear that shit.

There's lots of ethnic food from all different places, how long are you staying for? I would definitely recommend getting some soul food in Harlem and some italian food @ Da Nico in Little Italy. Peruvian and Colombian food is best in Jackson Heights, Queens. For Argentinean food, go to Novecento in SoHo. And for sure try to go to Peter Luger, if the price tag is too high, you can always have their awesome burger for $15 (lunch only). Also one of my favourite places is Caracas Arepa Bar, they serve Venezuelan Arepas (around $7). If you want an all-meat dinner, I'd recommend you Plataforma in midtown, a Brazilian Rodizio where the guys that work there walk around with big skewers with different cuts of meat and you can have as much as you like, you get the most bang for your buck here, at about $50 per person. They also do lunch for like $35.

For anything else you'd like to know food-wise, check yelp.com, menupages.com and/or zagat.com

Old Post Jul-21-2009 06:23  United States
Cubsnation1
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
That's not pizza, to me it looks like a big pot pie. Pizza is not meant to be eaten with a fork.
BTW, do not mention deep dish pizza to native NY'ers, they hate to hear that shit.

I have to try ur pizza I still think Chicago better !

Old Post Jul-21-2009 06:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Cubsnation1 Click here to Send Cubsnation1 a Private Message Add Cubsnation1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
I have to try ur pizza I still think Chicago better !

Of course you do. Chicago ppl think deep dish is better and NY ppl think NY pizza is better. It's a totally biased opinion.
I think NY pizza is the most similar to traditional italian pizza. I like it better. I feel like a pig every time I eat deep dish pizza (which is prob once a year). It's just too much of the fatty stuff in a soup of tomato sauce. That's not pizza, it should be called something else.

Old Post Jul-21-2009 07:21  United States
Bobby Fist Pump
Supreme tranceaddict

http://www.grimaldis.com/

Best Pizza on planet earth!
/end of story

Old Post Jul-21-2009 13:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Fist Pump Click here to Send Bobby Fist Pump a Private Message Add Bobby Fist Pump to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Fist Pump
http://www.grimaldis.com/

Best Pizza on planet earth!
/end of story

YES.

Also Lombardi's in SoHo and Artichoke's crab pizza. YUM.

Old Post Jul-21-2009 13:41  United States
Bobby Fist Pump
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
YES.

Also Lombardi's in SoHo and Artichoke's crab pizza. YUM.

Lombardi's too! The only thing is there's alway a huge wait on weekends.

Old Post Jul-21-2009 15:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Fist Pump Click here to Send Bobby Fist Pump a Private Message Add Bobby Fist Pump to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DK Man
Supreme tranceaddict

Hey!
Coming down from Montreal with about 8 to 10 friends for the PVD in Central Show! I'm looking maybe to hit Pacha the night before or? Anyone can also suggest a really good trendy Restaurant for Friday night! Looking for good food, great atmosphere young crowd (20 to 35) etc...
Tks
Dom K.

Old Post Aug-17-2009 14:30  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DK Man Click here to Send DK Man a Private Message Add DK Man to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yankeeBaby
Keepin it real....

quote:
Originally posted by DK Man
Hey!
Coming down from Montreal with about 8 to 10 friends for the PVD in Central Show! I'm looking maybe to hit Pacha the night before or? Anyone can also suggest a really good trendy Restaurant for Friday night! Looking for good food, great atmosphere young crowd (20 to 35) etc...
Tks
Dom K.

What kind of food? I love Spice Market (seems to be a popular choice amounst the NY'ers, as shown in a previous "whats the best restaurants" thread.)

amazing food and vibe, plus its in the Meatpacking, so you can hit up all the other trendy spots around it as well (gansevoort, etc...)

Make a reservation at anything "trendy and popular" (ie; TAO, Space Market, Tabla, Mercer, etc) well in advance.

also, if you like trance, the "annual" trance classics party is at Club Love after PVD.

Old Post Aug-17-2009 18:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for yankeeBaby Click here to Send yankeeBaby a Private Message Add yankeeBaby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > NYC Visitors Thread / Important Links / Have a question? ASK HERE!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback---- HOUSE with vocal sample [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLee Burridge - Do You Smoke Pot? [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread