Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 314: Make Friday Threads on Fridays Again!
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

We're on vacation in our country for a few days, just an hour drive from home. It's totally flat here with a lot of water so already very different from home.
Good to have a few days off from work.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post May-14-2021 21:47  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Lira

How snowy is it really up there? Does it snow up until April, or is it just rainy after the winter?

April is always a mixed bag. But it definitely can and has snowed up til late April, especially where I live. But not like lasting winter snow with huge banks etc.

Old Post May-14-2021 21:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

Last week it still snowed or hailed almost every day, but now our highs have been between +25°C and +30°C for a few days, and the temperature in our house is between +28°C and +30°C at all times, so I've finally switched to summer tires just to summon some snow and cooling for tomorrow.

How the hell do you people in warm countries sleep properly? Do you all have AC in your apartment? My sleep is so bad during summer that I usually miss winter very badly during at least these first warm days of summer. At night you're sweating in your bed, wrestling with your duvet, taking it on, taking it off, flipping your pillow every five minutes, there are insects everywhere.. And this is still a month before the fucking mosquito invasion properly begins. During that it's a sixpack of beer every night just to stun yourself for a couple of hours to be able to fall asleep. I don't know if it's weird, but I feel like I sleep in my car half of each summer just because the car cools down faster during the night than a house does, there are usually less than 10 mosquitoes in there, and you can easily move the car into a shadowy, cool spot anywhere. The almost best part of a vagabond summer is getting to sleep in your car and picking the spot almost freely. Sleeping in a sleeping bag inside a slightly chilly car in the Norwegian coast is something I really look forward to right now.

Old Post May-14-2021 23:50  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
Last week it still snowed or hailed almost every day, but now our highs have been between +25°C and +30°C for a few days, and the temperature in our house is between +28°C and +30°C at all times, so I've finally switched to summer tires just to summon some snow and cooling for tomorrow.

How the hell do you people in warm countries sleep properly? Do you all have AC in your apartment? My sleep is so bad during summer that I usually miss winter very badly during at least these first warm days of summer. At night you're sweating in your bed, wrestling with your duvet, taking it on, taking it off, flipping your pillow every five minutes, there are insects everywhere.. And this is still a month before the fucking mosquito invasion properly begins. During that it's a sixpack of beer every night just to stun yourself for a couple of hours to be able to fall asleep. I don't know if it's weird, but I feel like I sleep in my car half of each summer just because the car cools down faster during the night than a house does, there are usually less than 10 mosquitoes in there, and you can easily move the car into a shadowy, cool spot anywhere. The almost best part of a vagabond summer is getting to sleep in your car and picking the spot almost freely. Sleeping in a sleeping bag inside a slightly chilly car in the Norwegian coast is something I really look forward to right now.

Yeah, sleeping in the summer sucks, it gets hot and humid as fuck here. We were lucky at the last house I lived, there was an A/C unit in the bedroom, but we've just moved house and the new place does not, so it'll be back to a pedestal fan pointed directly at the bed. It's just coming into winter for us though, so I get a few months of enjoying blankets and a big heavy duvet.

Old Post May-15-2021 00:00  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
How the hell do you people in warm countries sleep properly?

We don't

I used to crank the air conditioner all the way up to "polar storm", but my new apartment doesn't have an AC unit, which means I wake up immersed in a puddle of my very own sweat. If the sea level rises, that's on me, not on the icebergs, I'm afraid.

c0r version: Same as Stu's, really.
quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
We're on vacation in our country for a few days, just an hour drive from home. It's totally flat here with a lot of water so already very different from home.

Whereabouts in goed oud Nederlands are you?

Old Post May-15-2021 03:08  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Mr. Lira, you ask questions well. This is not news I know, just paying you a compliment.

Old Post May-15-2021 05:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

I haven't slept through a summer w/out AC in so long, I would likely not last a single night w/out it. The American Southeast is horribly humid during the summer months. I don't see how people survive w/out AC, but clearly they do (see India, most likely).

Looks like Colonial Pipeline paid the ransomware perpetrators who caused a gas panic in my area last week: https://arstechnica.com/information...-cycle-turning/

Old Post May-15-2021 13:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Whereabouts in goed oud Nederlands are you?

A town called Sevenum, close to Venlo and better known city Eindhoven.
It's best know for it's amusement park Toverland (magic land), which is just across the road where we're staying.
Today we hired two more bikes and when we almost were back it started to rain and we got soaked. God damn weather radar for once was accurate on the minute
A lot is closed still over here, shops just opened last week again.

This is the park we're staying, the pictures I put on FB were made right behind our house: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8A2E6fWe8k

This little baby swan stole the show

By the way, the blond host of the Eurovision Song Contest next week, Chantal Janzen also is from this area, Tegelen right below Venlo. Next to pretty and extremely talented she's also very funny, but I heard she'll only be able show a bit of funniness in the live final when Eurovision can't interfere any more. The three hosts have to follow strict guidelines.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Last edited by Trance-M on May-15-2021 at 17:40

Old Post May-15-2021 16:26  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

There's no way we'd sleep without A/C. I've always had a place with central A/C. We keep it at 75F, and sometimes I'll bump it to 73F. We get new windows in about a month or two so that should help our $300+ summer electric bill! I was remembering living in Vegas, when the day temp would crank 110 for a week and the low would stay in the 90s. That was intense!

Our lil dude turned 2 this weekend. Had a little petting zoo and some family over. It's exhausting.

Old Post May-16-2021 09:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
That's pretty damn impressive. Do you listen to music with one of those waterproof paraphernalia while you do all this, or does this double as meditation to clear your mind from everything else?

I assume anything extra would slow you down, but frantic electronic music always gives me some energy boost

I have abandoned running with headphones almost entirely, when running on roads I like to be heads-up. I need all my senses present to be able to both operate at a high level and stay safe. There are too many assholes out there to risk it. I've been swerved at, honked at, and many other dangerous interactions with motorists. As such with cycling, headphones are essentially forbidden.

Here was the outcome of my weekend solo olympic triathlon:

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post May-17-2021 18:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

One of my coworkers was recently hit by a motorcycle whilst biking. It was his third major accident while biking in almost as many years, so he'll likely give it up. He rides in the town where we work (well, worked pre-pandemic), and he said that traffic has only gotten worse and drivers angrier since the pandemic. Ironically, the guy driving the motorcycle was the husband of another coworker. Small world.

Old Post May-18-2021 10:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

My dad was hit by a car and killed while cycling.

I would never THINK of listening to music while out on my bike.

Old Post May-18-2021 11:07 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 314: Make Friday Threads on Fridays Again!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack ID Shane 54 [2008] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMara - Desanitize [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread