Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 311 - The Deluge of Pollen
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ziptnf
Programming your future



Registered: Jun 2008
Location: Louisville, KY

I mean yeah it's like Jenny said, it's all a conscious choice. Working on your thesis? Don't eat an entire pizza. Eat 2 slices. What really made a difference in my weight loss was using MyFitnessPal, tracking the food I ate and making sure I didn't exceed my calorie count for that day. A slice of pizza is like 300-350 calories. Eat 2 and you've had your dinner. And if you're working on your thesis, I know you're busy but you can spend 5 minutes using some foresight to avoid pizza and preparing something relatively easy and healthy.

I used to not want to count calories, whether I didn't want to know what I was eating or I thought the concept was inconvenient or silly or whatever, I was stupid and wrong. It's by far the most effective way to lose weight.

On the side of exercise, that's also a conscious choice. You can easily convince yourself that you don't have time. People who get fit make time, and that's the difference. An excuse is an excuse.


___________________

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Apr-26-2021 12:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!



Registered: Nov 2001
Location: Brasilia, Brazil

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Excuses are the tools of the incompetent.

Who said anything about excuses? Some people just have different choices, period.

Like I said, I live on campus now, and some quite rotund figures live around here. Should I really believe they all "don't love themselves" because they didn't make the same choices we have made? That doesn't make much sense, does it?
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
I mean yeah it's like Jenny said, it's all a conscious choice. Working on your thesis? Don't eat an entire pizza. Eat 2 slices. What really made a difference in my weight loss was using MyFitnessPal, tracking the food I ate and making sure I didn't exceed my calorie count for that day.

I mean, you're not preaching to the unconverted, I do go to a dietician regularly, and I'm well aware of that.

What I'm saying is that not everyone lives by the same rules, and judging them by our standards is just as nonsensical as being judged by some of theirs (like, say, vegans who think everybody else is unethical).


___________________
“All I have learned, I learned from basslines.”

Old Post Apr-26-2021 12:49  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Jan 2010
Location: ATH

The mirror comment, especially the admiring yourself in the mirror part, reminded me of this funny guy I knew when I was growing up, nicknamed Doggy.

It was somewhere around 2003 I think, so these guys were aged 14-16. Two of his quite close friends were out for a walk, and about to pass Doggy's (not yet known by that name at the time) house. Knowing he was in possession of some cigarettes, they decided to ask him if he wanted to hang out and maybe share some ciggies with them, but instead of walking to his house and ringing the doorbell, they called him on their cell and asked him to walk the two blocks from his house to the street the friends were at and meet up. Apparently he wasn't in the mood for hanging out, possibly even detecting these guys mostly wanted his company for the cigarettes, and told them he won't be joining them because he needs to "walk his doggy". The friends persisted for a while, asking why won't he just walk his doggy to where they are and have a cigarette with them. But he didn't give in, and they ended the phone call. It was this decision not to share with his friends that ultimately lead to Doggy having his reputation somewhat mangled for at least the rest of his youth.

After a while the two guys decided to walk to Doggy's house to bum some cigarettes anyway, no matter if he'd hang or not. When at the house, they rang the doorbell a few times. As there was no answer, they thought he must still be out walking his dog. As they're about to give up and leave, the other guy randomly decides to quickly peek in through the kitchen window, through which there is a direct view to their hallway too. Finns take their shoes off when indoors, so I guess he just wanted to see if Doggy's shoes were where they usually would be and if he was indeed just hiding from them, not wanting to share his cigarettes. In the hallway there was also this huge wardrobe for jackets with two sliding doors, both doors having mirros on them, spanning the full height of the doors.

What he saw was not Doggy's shoes, but Doggy himself on the floor in front of the mirror, on his back, curled up like a shrimp, desperately trying to get his erect penis reach his mouth, every now and then taking a look in the mirror to see how close he was to getting it in. They rang the doorbell a couple more times in absolute disbelief (the actual words they used when describing these events to me later on), but Doggy didn't react, he didn't stop. He was seemingly very persistent on getting his own penis into his mouth.

The friends finally left and eventually met up with other friends to whom they told what had happened. Obviously in school, which I think was the most populous middle school in Finland at the time, the story spread with great speed, with the principal and teachers trying their best to curb the spread of the story, afterwards labeled as an atrocious lie concocted by these two friends with whom Doggy wasn't willing to share his ciggies with.

I never really spoke to Doggy after that. It felt genuinely surreal somehow seeing him cope with this thing. I mean there were people in all the surrounding big towns that knew the story and would greet him by calling him Doggy, even if they didn't personally know him.

Old Post Apr-26-2021 13:16  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!



Registered: Mar 2006
Location: Dirty South, United States

Everyone knows you have to remove a couple of the lower ribs for that shit.

Old Post Apr-26-2021 13:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Grandmaster Prog



Registered: Jan 2018
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Absolute champ


___________________
What is the real aesthetic?
おたく white label enthusiast
Sander Kleinenberg tracklist archive updates
Lucien Foort tracklist archive [early 2000s] - work-in-progress!
Johan Cyber tracklist archive [early 2000s] - work-in-progress!
Updates to the old Marco V tracklist archive
Andy Jarrod: Club Q, Zwolle, 19 Oct 2002; Earth, A'dam, 8 Feb 2002
Rowan Blades: Cube Club, Oslo, 15 Nov 2003

Old Post Apr-26-2021 13:23  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!



Registered: Nov 2001
Location: Brasilia, Brazil



I like how we all heard Marilyn Manson removed his lower ribs for this very reason, no matter where in the planet we are

(and yeah, I know he didn't and he was even more messed up)


___________________
“All I have learned, I learned from basslines.”

Old Post Apr-26-2021 13:23  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!



Registered: Mar 2006
Location: Dirty South, United States

quote:
Originally posted by Lira


I like how we all heard Marilyn Manson removed his lower ribs for this very reason, no matter where in the planet we are

(and yeah, I know he didn't and he was even more messed up)


Wait, then whose ribs did I purchase from that eBay auction?!

Old Post Apr-26-2021 13:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Nov 2003
Location:

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
The mirror comment, especially the admiring yourself in the mirror part, reminded me of this funny guy I knew when I was growing up, nicknamed Doggy.

It was somewhere around 2003 I think, so these guys were aged 14-16. Two of his quite close friends were out for a walk, and about to pass Doggy's (not yet known by that name at the time) house. Knowing he was in possession of some cigarettes, they decided to ask him if he wanted to hang out and maybe share some ciggies with them, but instead of walking to his house and ringing the doorbell, they called him on their cell and asked him to walk the two blocks from his house to the street the friends were at and meet up. Apparently he wasn't in the mood for hanging out, possibly even detecting these guys mostly wanted his company for the cigarettes, and told them he won't be joining them because he needs to "walk his doggy". The friends persisted for a while, asking why won't he just walk his doggy to where they are and have a cigarette with them. But he didn't give in, and they ended the phone call. It was this decision not to share with his friends that ultimately lead to Doggy having his reputation somewhat mangled for at least the rest of his youth.

After a while the two guys decided to walk to Doggy's house to bum some cigarettes anyway, no matter if he'd hang or not. When at the house, they rang the doorbell a few times. As there was no answer, they thought he must still be out walking his dog. As they're about to give up and leave, the other guy randomly decides to quickly peek in through the kitchen window, through which there is a direct view to their hallway too. Finns take their shoes off when indoors, so I guess he just wanted to see if Doggy's shoes were where they usually would be and if he was indeed just hiding from them, not wanting to share his cigarettes. In the hallway there was also this huge wardrobe for jackets with two sliding doors, both doors having mirros on them, spanning the full height of the doors.

What he saw was not Doggy's shoes, but Doggy himself on the floor in front of the mirror, on his back, curled up like a shrimp, desperately trying to get his erect penis reach his mouth, every now and then taking a look in the mirror to see how close he was to getting it in. They rang the doorbell a couple more times in absolute disbelief (the actual words they used when describing these events to me later on), but Doggy didn't react, he didn't stop. He was seemingly very persistent on getting his own penis into his mouth.

The friends finally left and eventually met up with other friends to whom they told what had happened. Obviously in school, which I think was the most populous middle school in Finland at the time, the story spread with great speed, with the principal and teachers trying their best to curb the spread of the story, afterwards labeled as an atrocious lie concocted by these two friends with whom Doggy wasn't willing to share his ciggies with.

I never really spoke to Doggy after that. It felt genuinely surreal somehow seeing him cope with this thing. I mean there were people in all the surrounding big towns that knew the story and would greet him by calling him Doggy, even if they didn't personally know him.



Old Post Apr-26-2021 13:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!



Registered: Nov 2001
Location: Brasilia, Brazil

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Wait, then whose ribs did I purchase from that eBay auction?!

Religious mothers all over the world fretted over Marilyn Mason but have you ever wondered why the McRib is back?

It was Ronald McDonald all along.


___________________
“All I have learned, I learned from basslines.”

Old Post Apr-26-2021 14:06  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!



Registered: Mar 2006
Location: Dirty South, United States

A couple of my coworkers, even knowing what is and is not in a McRib, would sell their souls for them when they come around.

EDIT: just wanted to stress that JEO's story was some good, old skool COR LOL shit. That's the stuff that keeps me coming back, day after day, decade after decade.

Old Post Apr-26-2021 15:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Nov 2003
Location:

Agree. The content we need lol.

Old Post Apr-26-2021 15:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Today I copped a deluge of mushrooms...





___________________
Youtube
Mixcloud

Old Post Apr-27-2021 06:45  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 311 - The Deluge of Pollen
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Jump:

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:01.

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is ON
vB code is ON
[IMG] code is ON
 
Search this Thread:

 
Contact Us - return to tranceaddict

Powered by: Trance Music & vBulletin Forums
Copyright ©2000-2021

Privacy Statement / DMCA