Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 311 - The Deluge of Pollen
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

One of the few good things to come out of this pandemic for me was rediscovering running when I could no longer cycle to work. I'm easily the fittest and leanest I've been since I ran a marathon in 2016.

> Beating The Lockdown Blues [Peak Time]
> A Different World [Downtempo Beats]
> A Secondhand Sunrise [Lush Breakbeat House]

Old Post Apr-24-2021 20:42  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

I, too, am in the best shape I've been since before having a kid and have not had the same experience of lethargy and weight gain that I know many have. I have a healthy relationship with food and good eating habits so that's been a non issue. We have weights, resistance bands, and a bench at home, and I think we've actually been working out more because there's nothing else to do. Skiied and snowshoed all winter. Swimming and biking last summer. And now with a preschooler it's just go go go outside being active all the time.

Old Post Apr-24-2021 21:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

My point aligns with exactly what swamper mentioned. People got so stuck in their routines that they couldn't adapt when everything shut down, so they let their bodies shut down. One of the more annoying aspects of the "mental health champions" were the ones who tried to normalize the feeling of fear and anxiety from covid by saying "it's ok to overeat and treat your body like shit, it's a pandemic!"

In my mind that's no different than the body positivity people who think Lizzo is some kind of health queen because she weighs as much as a truck and takes pics of her stomach rolls. Reminds me of that meme where a big woman says "men are just intimidated by me" and the guy says "dang she eats mad ice cream and doesn't exercise wow so intimidating". Fucking slobs, I was horrendously depressed and disappointed with myself when I was that big, I'm fine to own it that I was fat and disgusting. Never gonna let myself get there again.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Apr-24-2021 21:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Yeah it's a total crock and cop-out. I was miserable even TEN pounds overweight. I also love how overweight people with joint and back problems, etc will look for ANY fix (shit like chiropractors, massage therapy, etc) except for what they need to actually do - lose weight and exercise.

I miss the gym because of the all the mirrors. I find it extremely motivating to see myself, watch my form, and yes admire how I look. And it occurred to me once how I have heard many body positive women say they don't like gyms because they don't like the mirrors/don't want to see themselves. Body positive my ass.

I have a tough time believing a person loves themselves deeply who doesn't make their health and fitness a priority. Granted, I also recognize all the bullshit factors that make it difficult for many people to understand their own health and know/tune into their own bodies. I have huge beef with the weight loss industry, and beauty/cosmetic industry.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Apr-24-2021 at 22:04

Old Post Apr-24-2021 21:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

That's so funny you mention that, one of my wife's former co-workers (lazy, obese, entitled piece of shit) is a "runner" aka signs up for every lame ass 5k in town and never trains, runs 15 minute miles, actually posted this shit on her Facebook: "I went to my doctor to have him look at my knee and he told me I need to lose weight! What an asshole, never coming back here again! Any recommendations for ACTUAL doctors who don't have an agenda?" And her comment section was full of "Yass girl, your body is perfect don't let him tell you otherwise!" Christ on a bike, I can now understand why boomers think millennials are retards who are afraid of working hard.

Old Post Apr-24-2021 22:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Holy fuck. Yeah. Every 10 lbs overweight is equivalent to 40lbs pressure on the knees. So imagine being 20,30, 40, 50 lbs overweight!

Old Post Apr-24-2021 22:14 
ziptnf
Programming your future

Yeah and she's SIXTY pounds overweight, at least. My wife has another co-worker who is similarly huge and lazy, has broken not one, not two, but THREE chairs at work and often requests half days and long breaks randomly during work for "mental health reasons". My wife said "I'm sorry, and I don't use this term often, but that's some snowflake shit" yeah if the snowflake weighed 220 lbs and complained about everything. I think they'd be better off firing her just to save money on chairs alone

Old Post Apr-24-2021 22:23 
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Apr-24-2021 22:26 
Lira
Be a Good One!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I have a tough time believing a person loves themselves deeply who doesn't make their health and fitness a priority.

I don't disagree with you, and I'd add study too, for the intellect.

However, I'm more than willing to accept people often need to take "health holidays", specially when there's an overwhelming situation holding you back for some reason.

If you've got a big project and you need to focus 100% on that, put fitness on the backburner for a bit. Plagued with financial troubles during a pandemic? Cheaper food often has more calories, and so on.

Also, some people would rather have good food than a good body. Not exactly the way I see the world but, yeah, no judgement from me. As long as it doesn't bother you or anything...

Old Post Apr-26-2021 02:52  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Lol that is all such bullshit. Mental wellness and physical fitness go hand in hand. Also eating good food and being fit are not mutually exclusive. None of these things have to come at the expense of each other. Every choice made thoughtfully and in moderation.

That said, yes obviously there are factors that influence choice and limit vs improve access to healthy food and activities. Especially during a pandemic which has amplified the existing socioeconomic divide. But health holiday? lol. Fuck me.

Old Post Apr-26-2021 10:21 
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Excuses are the tools of the incompetent.

Old Post Apr-26-2021 10:50 
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Based on my looks and genetics, I've been on a "hotness holiday" since birth. *DJ Mikey Mike face*

Old Post Apr-26-2021 10:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 311 - The Deluge of Pollen
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread