Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
OrangestO

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Oh yeah, have been grateful this whole time for work. Was chatting with a coworker who has two young kids, asking how the fuck she does it, because I am stretched thin with just one. She laughed and said "Wine. And I come to work an hour early just to sit in the parking lot and be alone."

If I didn't want that sleep I would do it too.

I read in my dad book a while ago, "One phase at a time." I'll probably remind myself of that every day until I'm dead lol.

Mommy is a legend though. I change a nappy once in a while and give baths (so special). She's the milk machine and mother of dragons.

How busy are you at the hospital? Still cases?

Old Post Jun-10-2020 21:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO

quote:
Originally posted by Dykes_on_Jay
If you want to be ahead of the curve, move to Mexico next. Not kidding either. The world is about to go on the last shift towards protecting their supply chains, as well as moving them closer to home. That doesn't mean reopening factories in Canada and America, no matter what any vote collector might say. SEA as a whole is already beginning to approach capacity. It only took a year for "small" countries (100m ppl) like Vietnam to be unable to further accept production diverted from China to escape the tariffs that will only rise moving forward. There is your "buy low, sell high".

I'd rather walk through tepito with a rolex on than take your stock advice.

Old Post Jun-10-2020 21:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

I mentioned a stock?

You smell like reddit.

Old Post Jun-10-2020 22:45  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO

Been there, done that. I'm looking to take advantage of my white privilege somewhere else.

Old Post Jun-10-2020 23:05 
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO

How busy are you at the hospital? Still cases?

Yeah still cases, but managing just fine. Surgical services are ramping back up so we're about to get slammed that way. But otherwise we've managed quite well so far. Emergency visits are going back up too. The restricted visitors has been a great relief.

Old Post Jun-11-2020 01:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
My current fear is losing all the money I've won in the stock market in the last few weeks. It's been a roller coaster ride. Should've cashed out the villa in Ibiza.

It was raining money last week. I made 10k on my 1k investment. This week I'm down 6k. First time playing the market. It's fun learning and chatting shit with other retail investors. Bunch of idiots lol.

Still up but fuck. Idk whether I'm high more from the profits or the dopamine hits. On top of that I've been stacked with work and dealing with the six-week growth spurt.

Guessing by a gain of 1,000% followed by a drop of 60% I assume you did not hedge yourself or diversify your holdings?

I hope you're investing through a US broker, or you're going to have some fun tax issues to work out.

Old Post Jun-11-2020 12:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

I bet he bought Luckin.

Old Post Jun-11-2020 13:43  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Despite having a long ways to go still, Brazil sure seems intent on catching up with America. How's the populace handling it, Lira? Have they started calling for Bolsonaro's head yet, or are folks blaming others for the rapid spread?

(~)

Old Post Jun-22-2020 20:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

It's been an interesting few weeks. In absolute numbers of positive test results, the U.S. has seen more cases in the past week than in any prior week during the pandemic. Of course that is somewhat misleading since we are testing many times more people than we were in March or April, but the increase compared to late May or early June can't all, or even mostly, be attributed to increased testing. Looking at the the top line number of U.S. cases is also misleading in that the recent increase is sharply regional, with significant increases in the south (especially Florida, Texas, Arizona, and southern California) overwhelming continued decreases in other parts of the country.

None of the explanations for this regional discrepancy in trends are really satisfying. Certainly the protests over George Floyd's killing can't directly be the cause, since the cities where protests were the largest are in places like New York, Minnesota, and here in the District of Columbia, where case counts have remained stable or continued falling. Some in the media have tried to link the increases to how or when states began reopening, but the data don't support that as the cause, either. While Texas and Florida indeed reopened quickly and early, Southern California did not. And northern states that reopened earlier, like Wisconsin did after its state supreme court stuck down their lockdown order, haven't seen the same problem developing in the south. Even geography fails to fully explain the discrepancy. Why, for instance, is Arizona seeing more new cases per capita than any other state, while its culturally- and geographically-similar neighbor, New Mexico, has seen only a very modest increase? And while the increasing case counts have been focused in the south, some northern states, like Oregon and Ohio, are also showing evidence of increased transmission rates. The lack of any evidence-supported explanation for these trends highlights just how little we still know about what drives (or limits) the spread of COVID-19.

Old Post Jun-27-2020 22:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Oh yeah? How many 5G towers are in those states??!!

Old Post Jun-28-2020 04:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nrg2Nfinit
ItaloDiscoAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Arbiter
It's been an interesting few weeks. In absolute numbers of positive test results, the U.S. has seen more cases in the past week than in any prior week during the pandemic. Of course that is somewhat misleading since we are testing many times more people than we were in March or April, but the increase compared to late May or early June can't all, or even mostly, be attributed to increased testing. Looking at the the top line number of U.S. cases is also misleading in that the recent increase is sharply regional, with significant increases in the south (especially Florida, Texas, Arizona, and southern California) overwhelming continued decreases in other parts of the country.

None of the explanations for this regional discrepancy in trends are really satisfying. Certainly the protests over George Floyd's killing can't directly be the cause, since the cities where protests were the largest are in places like New York, Minnesota, and here in the District of Columbia, where case counts have remained stable or continued falling. Some in the media have tried to link the increases to how or when states began reopening, but the data don't support that as the cause, either. While Texas and Florida indeed reopened quickly and early, Southern California did not. And northern states that reopened earlier, like Wisconsin did after its state supreme court stuck down their lockdown order, haven't seen the same problem developing in the south. Even geography fails to fully explain the discrepancy. Why, for instance, is Arizona seeing more new cases per capita than any other state, while its culturally- and geographically-similar neighbor, New Mexico, has seen only a very modest increase? And while the increasing case counts have been focused in the south, some northern states, like Oregon and Ohio, are also showing evidence of increased transmission rates. The lack of any evidence-supported explanation for these trends highlights just how little we still know about what drives (or limits) the spread of COVID-19.

the droves of people that came out to those protests (even though they were wearing masks) will likely show on the trickle down effects to elders and those with immuno suppressed conditions. the age group has gone down in cases which means likley more yonger people are getting sick due to their lax stance on quarantine and social distancing. wait a couple of more weeks to see if the deaths go up as well, likely they will and you'll know if it was "just" because of testing or the numbers are actually going up.

Old Post Jun-28-2020 21:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Nrg2Nfinit Click here to Send Nrg2Nfinit a Private Message Add Nrg2Nfinit to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Oh yeah? How many 5G towers are in those states??!!

Good point. Maybe people should be trading in their face coverings for tin foil hats...

Old Post Jun-28-2020 23:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread