Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

I hope so too. This virus has repeatedly defied expectations, so it's probably best to be modest about our ability to predict what will happen next.

Most major cities here in the U.S. have been seeing large-scale protests over the past few days following the slaying of George Floyd at the hands of the police. Mask usage has quite high, but it is unclear just how much that helps when in a large crowd for a prolonged period of time, especially with cloth masks. So if we see an increase in cases here within a few weeks, it may be difficult to say whether the increase is caused by the protests, or by those cities reopening more generally.

Conversely if we don't see any increase within three weeks or so, then it would seem to imply that either the masks were very effective or that the risk of outdoor crowds was for some other reason much lower than we believed. Either way it will be hard to draw precise conclusions.

Old Post Jun-03-2020 01:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Or we need to test tear gas as a potential vaccine.

Old Post Jun-03-2020 17:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
Or we need to test tear gas as a potential vaccine.

To be fair, Hong Kong does have a pretty low infection rate considering its proximity to the batsoup cave. You may very well be onto something.

Old Post Jun-03-2020 20:11  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

I'd say we should study the possibility, but these days we'd probably end up with a study run by the company that manufactures the tear gas, using mustard gas on the control group.

Old Post Jun-04-2020 18:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

May the legacy of Unit 731 live on.

Old Post Jun-04-2020 19:02  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

Update from Los Angeles Area:

Looks like my wife is now allowed to return to work (she's a stylist). Our preschool has reopened but we're going to wait till July to see how they work things out. I imagine the will allow my co-workers and I to return to the office eventually.

What's different? My wife doesn't want to return to work. She's enjoyed the time home in this little "fantasy" world that we've been in for the past few months. We've actually gotten to live as a family instead of passing each other by at nights and only having family time on Sundays (the only day we have off together). Sooooo she may consider changing careers again. I too realized that maybe there's something better out there for me. I LOVE the company I work for but the job I do (Account Management) is meh. Why waste anymore time?

My thoughts of the day as I sit at my work laptop trying to avoid working on a Friday.

Old Post Jun-05-2020 14:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Ha Ha. your wife is about to dump more financial responsibility on you. I'm laughing through pain.

Old Post Jun-05-2020 16:58  China
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
Update from Los Angeles Area:

Looks like my wife is now allowed to return to work (she's a stylist). Our preschool has reopened but we're going to wait till July to see how they work things out. I imagine the will allow my co-workers and I to return to the office eventually.

What's different? My wife doesn't want to return to work. She's enjoyed the time home in this little "fantasy" world that we've been in for the past few months. We've actually gotten to live as a family instead of passing each other by at nights and only having family time on Sundays (the only day we have off together). Sooooo she may consider changing careers again. I too realized that maybe there's something better out there for me. I LOVE the company I work for but the job I do (Account Management) is meh. Why waste anymore time?

My thoughts of the day as I sit at my work laptop trying to avoid working on a Friday.

Makes one long for a society similar to the one in Manna by Marshall Brain. The possibilities are interesting: https://www.marshallbrain.com/manna1.htm

Old Post Jun-07-2020 11:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I'm back at work on Monday, working from home for the foreseeable future, although I'll be able to go into the office if I need anything. Working from home is going to be a pain in the arse, and I've got rather used to being paid to do nothing, but it's nice not to have to worry about job security anymore.

> Beating The Lockdown Blues [Peak Time]
> A Different World [Downtempo Beats]
> A Secondhand Sunrise [Lush Breakbeat House]

Old Post Jun-07-2020 13:14  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Saving this whole quote for posterity.

Lol excellent foresight here.

Old Post Jun-07-2020 16:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Lol excellent foresight here.

Gotta save gems when one finds them.

On the old Corona front, a CDC survey of Americans found that 39% were fucking stupid:

quote:
Thirty-nine percent reported intentionally engaging in at least one high-risk practice not recommended by CDC for prevention of SARS-CoV-2 transmission (2), including application of bleach to food items (e.g., fruits and vegetables) (19%); use of household cleaning and disinfectant products on hands or skin (18%); misting the body with a cleaning or disinfectant spray (10%); inhalation of vapors from household cleaners or disinfectants (6%); and drinking or gargling diluted bleach solutions, soapy water, and other cleaning and disinfectant solutions (4% each).

quote:
Gharpure R, Hunter CM, Schnall AH, et al. Knowledge and Practices Regarding Safe Household Cleaning and Disinfection for COVID-19 Prevention United States, May 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. ePub: 5 June 2020. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6923e2external

Old Post Jun-09-2020 09:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Daycares got the green light to reopen this Friday. We aren't sending our daughter back for another month, so we can observe and assess what happens between now and then. We fear the second wave and don't want to be too hasty, so may postpone even longer.

It's getting tough for me now though, between work and being home with our daughter on off days. I'm on the brink of exhaustion.

In other news, pay stubs go out today, so I'll see if I finally receive my pandemic pay or not. Huzzah!

Old Post Jun-10-2020 12:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread