Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Looks like good ole Memorial Day weekend doesn't bode well for the Southeast: https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/us/s...bama/index.html

Old Post May-22-2020 18:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
surprime trainandict

'MERIKA

Old Post May-22-2020 18:14  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!

What a difference time makes:

Brasília is still manageable (3rd biggest population, 28th highest death toll), but Manaus (7th biggest population, 4th highest death toll), where I lived for a while, is completely out of control. My wife used to teach there, and a former student of hers told her 7 people who lived on her street died in the last couple of weeks. Seven. From the same street. In a fortnight.

Whenever you hear "deaths in Brazil", it's usually São Paulo, Rio, Fortaleza, Manaus, and Belém. So, if you think high temperatures should get rid of the virus, the last two cities are in the Amazon and Fortaleza is a tropical paradise under normal circumstances. It's unbelievable.

Old Post May-24-2020 04:03  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Zak McKracken
Ive fucking gained 3kg sitting home doing nothing need to start some serious workout again.

I dusted off my various hex dumb bells recently. I used to lift 6 days a week, until chronic pain set in. But, after 5 years of this shit, I've decided that I'm just going to hurt, no matter fuckin what, so I might as well try lifting again. About to grab the 30 lbers and get in a session now.

Old Post May-26-2020 19:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Chronic pain.

Old Post May-26-2020 20:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zak McKracken
5 years of corona isolation, or am I missing something?

Maybe ask for an explanation in layman's terms?

Old Post May-26-2020 21:26  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I'm in better shape than I've been for years thanks to the lockdown. Three runs a week, two weight lifting sessions, and the best tan I've ever had at this time of year. Just a shame about the home-grown haircut.

> Beating The Lockdown Blues [Peak Time]
> A Different World [Downtempo Beats]
> A Secondhand Sunrise [Lush Breakbeat House]

Old Post May-26-2020 22:32  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
I dusted off my various hex dumb bells recently. I used to lift 6 days a week, until chronic pain set in. But, after 5 years of this shit, I've decided that I'm just going to hurt, no matter fuckin what, so I might as well try lifting again. About to grab the 30 lbers and get in a session now.

Maybe grab the 10lbers first

Old Post May-26-2020 23:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
Maybe ask for an explanation in layman's terms?

lol

Old Post May-26-2020 23:26  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
Maybe grab the 10lbers first

25 are the lightest I have, which I started out with a couple of weeks ago. I miss the shit out of lifting, but I just have to accept the fact that I will probably never reach the point I was at in my mid/late 30s. But, I am not happy with what I see in the mirror these days, so I gotta do SOMETHING.

Old Post May-27-2020 11:10  United States
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Chronic pain.

This. I've always had propensity for a couple of spots in my back to get "out of place". But, starting about 5 years ago, I began to experience chronic mid-thoracic pain 24/7. It feels like someone has taken a metal hook, stabbed it between my shoulder blades, twisted it, then pulled it to the right and hooked it under the edge of my right scapula. The pain is constant, varying in intensity, throughout the day, and it wakes me multiple times per night. I don't recall the last time I slept, uninterrupted. I have had x-rays and MRIs done, but based on the "readings" of those, I was told "we can't see anything, so we can't help you. We can offer another MRI if you'd like." I can't afford to keep chasing it, as we are still, as I kind of joke, "paying for my wife's cancer" and her spinal fusion surgery.

The only thing that lowers my pain at all is a subclass of synthetic opiates, specifically hydro or oxy-codone. Morphine does not work. Tramadol does not work. Dilaudid does not work. OTC meds in any quantity do not work. Kratom powder in large, regular doses can take the edge off, but it's a poor substitute.

I've found the worst things I can do to aggravate the pain are to 1.) jog and 2.) mow the yard. Before this became chronic, I was running 2 5km runs a week and lifting 5-6 days a week. I was probably in the best shape of my life at 37. Now, at 43, it's a struggle to get through the day most days. But, since after 5 years, nothing has helped, I might as well attempt to get at least SOME of it back. I basically took a full year off, other than some light walking, to see if it would help at all...but it did not.

Old Post May-27-2020 11:24  United States
|cEbLu3
wandering but not lost

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
What a difference time makes:

Brasília is still manageable (3rd biggest population, 28th highest death toll), but Manaus (7th biggest population, 4th highest death toll), where I lived for a while, is completely out of control. My wife used to teach there, and a former student of hers told her 7 people who lived on her street died in the last couple of weeks. Seven. From the same street. In a fortnight.

Whenever you hear "deaths in Brazil", it's usually São Paulo, Rio, Fortaleza, Manaus, and Belém. So, if you think high temperatures should get rid of the virus, the last two cities are in the Amazon and Fortaleza is a tropical paradise under normal circumstances. It's unbelievable.

Agreed. Been living pretty close to the equator for the last coupla years, so everytime i hear the "it'll go away in summer" excuse, I'm like wtf its summer here all year long and the virus is like "whateva bishes"

Old Post May-27-2020 12:04  Malaysia
Click Here to See the Profile for |cEbLu3 Click here to Send |cEbLu3 a Private Message Add |cEbLu3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread