Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Lol our mail/parcel delivery guy told me yesterday that the sap from our tree out front heals wounds from the inside out. "I'm eating some tree candy right now!" he said, and then "If covid comes for me I'm gonna *does several air kicks and punches*"

Hope you stood back 3 meters in case all that air karate flung virus particles in your direction!

Old Post Apr-01-2020 10:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

I pirouette as i gargle.

Old Post Apr-01-2020 18:31  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Hope you stood back 3 meters in case all that air karate flung virus particles in your direction!

Lol.

He's given me "tips" about the tree in the past, so when he said he had another one for me I was prepared to tune it out. But he was beaming like wash ley after discovering a bird drop so I paid him good attention. Obviously why I was rewarded with such a sweet karate demo.

He was also wearing an orange jumpsuit with the cuffs all taped with duct tape.

Upon reflection, it occurs to me it's very possible he's been losing it over the past year.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 00:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Lol.

He's given me "tips" about the tree in the past, so when he said he had another one for me I was prepared to tune it out. But he was beaming like wash ley after discovering a bird drop so I paid him good attention. Obviously why I was rewarded with such a sweet karate demo.

He was also wearing an orange jumpsuit with the cuffs all taped with duct tape.

Upon reflection, it occurs to me it's very possible he's been losing it over the past year.

Sounds like my former neighbor, Jack "Black Ops" Parker. He'd stop me when I was jogging around the perimeter of the yard when we lived at the old house, and inform me that he was still active military with Top Secret Crypto Clearance, higher than Obama's! He also made hand-to-hand combat weapons for the SEAL team that killed Bin Laden. He also had the gift of prophecy - he stopped me one day and said "don't be concerned, but deputies from the local sheriff's office would be here soon" and sure enough, they were. By the time they arrived, he had is wife beater off so they could marvel at his fitness for a nutty 70 yo, and he was showing them black rocks that were "meteorites with fossils" in them. I don't miss him.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 09:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Wow.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 10:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Wow.

Apparently he showed up in the lobby at the bank's main office one day and took his shirt off and was flexing for the receptionist. Something happened, and she ended up having to call an ambulance for him. I never did get the full story on exactly what, but that's typical behavior for the man. He told me one day that it was his birthday, so I shouldn't be concerned if I saw some helicopters circling his house, as some of his friends were doing a flyover for said birthday. He was also outside that day, apparently practicing his martial arts. His yard was so grown up that you couldn't even see his house from mine. He came over to our house that afternoon around dusk and knocked on the door. I went to see what he wanted (the girls were very young then and watched from the doorway). He proceeded to explain that he wanted to assure the girls, who might have seen him "practicing" his martial arts, that he was no threat to them/us, then started using his karate skills on a 5 gallon bucket. I said, "Jack, let me get this right. You were concerned that the girls MIGHT have seen you doing your karate 200 yards away, in your overgrown lawn, and gotten scared, so you decided to come over and do it 2 feet from my front door, where they sure as hell can see you." He said, "yeah, I didn't consider that." I told him he needed to get the hell out of our yard. The girls said, "daddy, that's mean!" I told them they wouldn't think it was mean when he had them tied up in a pit down in his basement.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 10:51  United States
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
as for not needing a mask, that, I really don't get. I understand, as he points out in the video, that a lot of it had to do with ensuring that health care providers had first access to the small number available, but I don't get, as he also points out in the video, why in the world they would claim there is little to no value in wearing one. After all, if they offered no protection, why would they be so essential for health care providers?

Yep.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 12:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Because regular healthy people who are, or SHOULD BE, physical distancing are at much lower risk of coming into contact with the virus; whereas, health care workers are at the highest risk because they work very closely with infected or potentially infected patients and at risk populations, and perform aerosol generating medical procedures (which is extremely high risk!).

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Apr-02-2020 at 13:13

Old Post Apr-02-2020 13:06 
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Because regular healthy people who are, or SHOULD BE, physical distancing are at much lower risk of coming into contact with the virus; whereas, health care workers do work very closely with infected or potentially infected patients and at risk populations, including performing aerosol generating medical procedures, which is extremely high risk.

Yes, I understand that.

That is very different than saying 'There is no evidence that wearing a mask by healthy people has any medical benefit.'

Old Post Apr-02-2020 13:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Well, to be truly protected from these kind of virus particles you have to wear an N95, and it has to be fitted properly (we actually have mask fit tests every two years to ensure correct fit and seal). Wearing the wrong mask, or an improperly fitting mask IS almost useless to a layperson. Physical distancing, hand washing, and keeping your hands away from your face really offers the same kind of protection.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 13:18 
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Further to that, you have to know how to properly don and doff a mask/gloves/PPE for it to be effective, and I guarantee most laypeople do not know or practice this (it's actually a huge pain in the ass/very specific). And mostly it gives laypeople a false sense of security.

Old Post Apr-02-2020 13:25 
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Further to that, you have to know how to properly don and doff a mask/gloves/PPE for it to be effective, and I guarantee most laypeople do not know or practice this (it's actually a huge pain in the ass/very specific). And mostly it gives laypeople a false sense of security.

I bite down on the fingers of the gloves, then pull them off with my teeth. Go ahead. Bitch n moan. Tell me that's wrong. I DARE YOU!

Old Post Apr-02-2020 13:57  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread