Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
A week ago there were 11 confirmed cases in Leeds.

Confirmed being the operative word, there.

Old Post Mar-20-2020 21:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Damn, Italy can't even keep up counting the people dying, far over 600 today. Spain also shows bad numbers. I hope I misunderstood yesterday, but a virologist said the peak in Italy is expected in 2 or 3 weeks
Another one expects the coronavirus epidemic will last around 10 weeks.

The province above ours, Brabant which is right above Belgium got hit hardest here. Hospitals over there are at maximum capacity now and have asked other hospitals to help. The government now takes the lead and the army will start helping to transfer new patients to other hospitals. It's to be expected also here things will get a lot worse before it's getting better.
We can only hope we were in time to slow it down.

A colleague, he's 63 years old and working from home, lives in Eindhoven, which is in Brabant. A couple of days ago he sent me a message one of his aunts was in the hospital with the coronavirus.
I told him that didn't sound good as I know his mother is over 90 years old. I didn't ask for his aunt's age, but today he told me she was recovering well and could leave IC tomorrow.
He said:"Well, not all old people die".
At least one positive message for once.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Mar-20-2020 21:54  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

At least one confirmed case in the county where my wife works at a behavioral health facility (and 6 more awaiting test results), so she is not working until further notice.

In other breaking news, Zoso has established a Go Fund Me account for beer, with a strong preference for craft IPAs, stouts, and porters.

Edit: Stu, you can send motherfucking FOSTER'S.

Old Post Mar-20-2020 22:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Even most 80+ year old people donít die of it *if* they get proper medical attention. Itís not Ebola or even SARS-1. But itís enough to put even developed countries through hell.

Old Post Mar-20-2020 22:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
Even most 80+ year old people donít die of it *if* they get proper medical attention. Itís not Ebola or even SARS-1. But itís enough to put even developed countries through hell.

We (wife and I) are operating off 2 assumptions out of an abundance of caution: 1.) her chemo-damaged lungs and 2 bad heart valves significantly increase her risks; 2.) if/by the time she needs medical care, shit is likely to be overrun.

Hope I am wrong about both, but it seems silly to assume anything else.

Old Post Mar-20-2020 22:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Things haven't completely hit the fan here yet. Yet being the operative word. We've had about 750 confirmed cases in Australia, and only 6 deaths at this point. We also have thousands upon thousands of complete idiots descending on Bondi beach yesterday, despite being told by everyone everywhere that people should be socially distancing Glad I don't live in Sydney, which has the most cases so far anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Edit: Stu, you can send motherfucking FOSTER'S.

Sir, I will not!

Old Post Mar-20-2020 23:03  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Things haven't completely hit the fan here yet. Yet being the operative word. We've had about 750 confirmed cases in Australia, and only 6 deaths at this point. We also have thousands upon thousands of complete idiots descending on Bondi beach yesterday, despite being told by everyone everywhere that people should be socially distancing Glad I don't live in Sydney, which has the most cases so far anyway.

Sir, I will not!

It's cool, I love you too, bro. I'm actually enjoying an Oil Can (TM) right now, as I work the late/on-call shift from home tonight, lulz.

Old Post Mar-20-2020 23:11  United States
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
It's cool, I love you too, bro. I'm actually enjoying an Oil Can (TM) right now, as I work the late/on-call shift from home tonight, lulz.

I would consider drinking an actual can of oil over Fosters

Old Post Mar-20-2020 23:32  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
I would consider drinking an actual can of oil over Fosters

There's a scene near the end of Quantum of Solace that implies such. That might open up a can of whoop ass on coronavirii, too.

Old Post Mar-20-2020 23:34  United States
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

When I was doing my MA, one of my classmates was the daughter of the 'scientist' who had adapted Fosters for the EU market

I told her to go and fuck herself

Old Post Mar-20-2020 23:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

I always WANT to drink, but then think about the effort required to do it as well as to function optimally the next day, and I back out like a lame. I did enjoy a whiskey and Fever Tree ginger ale on St Paddy's, gatdamn that shit is bomb.

Old Post Mar-21-2020 00:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
When I was doing my MA, one of my classmates was the daughter of the 'scientist' who had adapted Fosters for the EU market

I told her to go and fuck herself

And rightly so!

I honestly couldn't understand why it was so popular over there when I lived in the UK. Almost every pub was serving it, whereas nobody drinks it here at all. Is it still that popular, or have people finally figured out that it's swill?

Old Post Mar-21-2020 00:02  Australia

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread