Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Man, forget covid. Take me back to life before Zak McKraken. :/

Old Post Apr-06-2020 16:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Oh and btw, put some garbage bags or old sheets down on the floors. You're welcome.

But for real though, like a total Dexter kill room setup would be nice. Shit gets er-where

And to make this on-topic...COVID!

Old Post Apr-06-2020 18:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
But for real though, like a total Dexter kill room setup would be nice. Shit gets er-where

And to make this on-topic...COVID!

A drain in the floor plus a hose!

Old Post Apr-06-2020 18:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I don't think this has been said anywhere in this thread, but the UK government is basically paying 80% of the wages of anyone who's had to stop working due to the lockdown measures. This basically means I've spent the last week and a half getting paid to lounge around at home mixing tunes and writing. It's starting to feel disturbingly like a holiday, especially now the sun is out and we can have the windows open all day.

> Crazy Beautiful
> Beating The Lockdown Blues [Peak Time]
> A Different World [Downtempo Beats]

Old Post Apr-06-2020 19:12  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Oh, and it looks like our prime minister could well die of this disease. He's had it for over a week now and has just been put in intensive care. Whatever criticism this government gets for its handling of the pandemic, they'll certainly not have been immune to its effects.

> Crazy Beautiful

Old Post Apr-06-2020 19:34  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Over here many people work from home if they can, our government also pays wages up to 90% so companies don't have to fire people. About 80,000 companies have asked for support today.

My wife just tells me Boris Johnson has been transferred to the IC, that doesn't sound good.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Apr-06-2020 19:38  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Did my grocery shopping today, so I'm good to hole up in the house for another two weeks.

Hope Johnson makes a full recovery.

Old Post Apr-06-2020 19:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

He'll die.

Old Post Apr-06-2020 19:54 
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

What are the odds of survival after one is on a ventilator? Not good, from what I recall. Although last I heard he was not on one yet, only 'near' one.

I very much hope he survives, despite his extremely slow response to this thing.

I'm still optimistic we'll have less than 100,000 deaths here, but we'll see. The reported numbers are only those who die in hospital, not those who die in retirement/care homes, etc.

Old Post Apr-07-2020 12:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I don't know about a ventilator, but I've read the survival rate of patients in IC is around 50%.

> Crazy Beautiful

Old Post Apr-07-2020 12:28  England
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Definitely not good, not for most people who will require ventilatory support because of Covid. Seems like it's almost a death sentence. Hmm, not on a ventilator... But he would still be requiring the kind of high flow oxygenation that can only be managed in ICU (bipap). If that doesn't help next step is mechanical ventilation.

I worked in ICU last night with a covid patient, and it really hit me - there is NO treatment for this. Unlike most other respiratory issues requiring ventilation where we can treat the underlying cause. Just have to hope these patients get enough oxygen to maintain adequate ventilation and perfusion so the rest of their organs don't succumb to failure while the body fights the virus.

FUCKED UP.

Old Post Apr-07-2020 12:30 
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

The highest survival rate I have read for those who go on a vent for COVID is like 30%.

Old Post Apr-07-2020 14:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread