Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Fuck me, that's funny.

Yeah, boys and girls, the good ole US of A here is "leading the way," alright. What a clusterfuck of a response by our federal government. Many of you are outside the US, so I have a simple, honest question here, as I don't have a clue: do your politicians/leaders/governments immediately made everything political rather than working on fixing the problem? Jesus Humphrey Mortimer Christ on a pogo stick...if I had a nickel for every time during this shit I've heard "well, if you could see what we inherited from the Obama administration you'd understand blahblahblah circle jerk, Republican handjob, yadayada."

I don't give a good goddamn WHAT you inhereted (which is right wing speak here for "we dismantled the fucking shit out of dept X and now it's biting us in the ASS")...just adult up, speak honestly and plainly, and tell what we, as a nation, are going to do to fix it.

Fuck me, a room full of preschool kids could offer more definitive leadership at this point. Goddamn, I bet my BP is way up. J Pie, where is your arm cuff?

Not politicized here at all. Our leaders have taken direction from the experts (infectious diseases guys, epidemiologists, front line doctors, nurses, public health , etc.), and I will reiterate that our experience with SARS has meant just about everything to our response to Covid-19.

Can't even find anything bad to say about the premier of Ontario who is otherwise a complete moron. He and his cabinet have really stepped to do what needs to be done, without wasting time.

Old Post Mar-27-2020 11:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
surprime trainandict

Iíll add that large parts of the public are morons and do not care. ^^^ yes

Old Post Mar-27-2020 13:47  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Absolutely, and this is why all the fear mongering is actually kind of important. Gotta those lowest common denominators in check.

Old Post Mar-27-2020 14:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Medical jargon incoming...

Interesting retrospective analysis out of China (preprint): https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10....3.20.20039586v1

There was some speculation early on that ACE inhibitors ("-pril" drugs) and angiotensin receptor blockers ("-sartan" drugs) (both anti-hypertension meds) might worsen Sars-Cov-2 infections due to upregulation of the ACE2 receptor, which is what the virus uses for infection. But there were other scientists and doctors contending the opposite: that these drugs downregulate angiotensin levels and high angiotensin may be one component of the "cytokine storm" leading to ARDS.
quote:
Among the elderly (age>65) COVID-19 patients with hypertension comorbidity, the risk of COVID-19-S (severe disease) was significantly decreased in patients who took ARB drugs prior to hospitalization compared to patients who took no drugs (OR=0.343, 95% CI 0.128-0.916, p=0.025). The meta-analysis showed that ARB use has positive effects associated with morbidity and mortality of pneumonia.

OR of 0.343 is pretty eye-catching. There weren't enough patients to calculate odds ratios for the other classes of anti-hypertensives.

There are some trials starting up to see if low dose ARBs (low enough to be given even to normotensives) can lessen the severity of COVID-19.

Also work being done on soluble ACE2 as a treatment, which I guess would serve as a sort of "decoy" to bind to the virus and prevent it from infecting lung tissue.

Last edited by Vector A on Mar-27-2020 at 14:47

Old Post Mar-27-2020 14:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Supreme tranceaddict

Motherfuckin cytokines mang, inflammatory mediators and shit, causing SIRS all up in this bitch.

Old Post Mar-27-2020 14:46 
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

They're also looking at tocilizumab and other drugs used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, to put the breaks on the body's inflammatory response in severe cases:

https://www.oncnursingnews.com/web-...id-19-pneumonia

Italy is already using it successfully to treat some severe patients.

Trouble with -mabs is that they are slow to mass-produce.

Last edited by Vector A on Mar-27-2020 at 22:27

Old Post Mar-27-2020 14:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Wouldn't it be lol if it were a tea and rub n tug?

Old Post Mar-27-2020 15:42  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Dykes_on_Jay
Wouldn't it be lol if it were a tea and rub n tug?

Holy hell, sign me up!

Old Post Mar-27-2020 15:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Hahaha, oh me...meanwhile, in corporate America, board room and C-level thinking remains on course:
https://arstechnica.com/information...uring-pandemic/

Old Post Mar-27-2020 15:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
surprime trainandict

Everyday this week Iíve been thankful I donít live in America

Old Post Mar-27-2020 18:21  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
Everyday this week Iíve been thankful I donít live in America

As an American, I say +1 to that shit.

Old Post Mar-27-2020 18:22  United States
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Interesting case series report, again out of China. Five patients with ARDS already treated with antivirals and on ventilators and not improving. After convalescent plasma treatment, three improved enough to go home and the other two are now stable:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/ja...article/2763983

Convalescent plasma is being trialed in NY currently.

Old Post Mar-27-2020 22:21  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread