Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
China is already in, or at least close to, their normality window. Let's see how they'll do.

Lol @ you believing Chinese data.

Old Post Mar-19-2020 15:16  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Dykes_on_Jay
Lol @ you believing Chinese data.

I don't believe in the numbers as they are, but I do believe in the trend. With the massive measures that they've taken, the spread is bound to slow down, no matter how much they'd lie about the actual numbers.

Old Post Mar-19-2020 15:19  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Wait for the 2nd wave. They've gone from campaigning in Italy with "Io non sono un virus," (I am not a virus) to "combat" "racism" (not shut borders...and that didn't work out so well.) to being Xenophobic af on the mainland right now, with the diaspora actually going back to China because they think it's safer. (My wife was like, "We can go back to China for a few months. (lolno)) While hand washing has certainly seen an uptick due to state propaganda, the majority of bathrooms in the country (including hospitals) still don't have soap or toilet paper.

When it comes to trying to get China's pulse simply by reading Western media, it's often an uphill battle because it's being written by someone with little cultural understanding and experience to be able to understand what they are actually seeing. Tons of "China experts" spreading pish, even though they've only visited as a tourist for a few weeks once. Take it all with a grain of salt. (Also, in "Communist" political top down structures, false data is king as promotions are dependent on only good news existing. It happened in the Soviet Union, and it's been happening in the PRC for the last 70)

Old Post Mar-19-2020 16:09  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I'm not talking about a lockdown in the sense of what's happening in Italy or Spain. I'm talking about the current state here in the UK, with schools about to close tomorrow. This cannot be sustained for 18 months, which is what the ICL report states is likely to be necessary.

I don't think the report states that it is likely to be 18 months to develop a vaccine, only that it might take that long.

They definitely aren't suggesting closing schools completely for 18 months.

quote:
To avoid a rebound in transmission, these policies will need to be maintained until large stocks of vaccine are available to immunise the population – which could be 18 months or more. Adaptive
hospital surveillance-based triggers for switching on and off population-wide social distancing and school closure offer greater robustness to uncertainty than fixed duration interventions and can be adapted for regional use... Given local epidemics are not perfectly synchronised, local policies are also more efficient and can achieve comparable levels of suppression to national policies while being in force for a slightly smaller proportion of the time. However, we estimate that for a national GB policy, social distancing would need to be in force for at least 2/3 of the time ... until a vaccine was available.

So, closing all schools for the rest of the school year, and then the possibility of periodic closures next school year decided at a more local level when/if necessary. Hopefully they won't be! But if they are, people will adapt. Ensure all children have internet access and computers, teach them all remotely, etc.

Old Post Mar-19-2020 18:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
Yep, a number of anti-HIV drugs are being looked at. I've read multiple stories of patients recovering within days after starting on Kaletra. These are just anecdotes for now but multiple trials are underway.

Looks like Kaletra (lopinavir / ritonavir) was a flop in the first clinical trial:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.10...y=featured_home

On to other possibilities:

Chloroquine / hydroxychloroquine (treats malaria, small open-label trial in France looks promising)
Remdesivir (antiviral, still in trials, very limited availability)
Actemra (tocilizumab, immunosuppressant, being used in Italy, may limit damage done to lungs by cytokine storm)
Favipiravir (Japanese flu drug, China claims good results but they haven't published data yet)

Indomethacin (old NSAID) was shown to kill Sars-COV-1 in vitro and coronavirus infection in dogs but I haven't heard of any active research on it yet:

https://www.intmedpress.com/servefi...ad-e35f99be9211

Old Post Mar-19-2020 20:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

It's scary how quickly these numbers are going up: https://www.bing.com/covid

Total was at 226,674 a little after 6 AM CDT this morning. Now at 4 PM CDT we are are 240,689 infected.

Old Post Mar-19-2020 21:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

Yeah, bc ppl are actually getting tested now. Kind of the point.

Old Post Mar-19-2020 22:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Promo
Yeah, bc ppl are actually getting tested now. Kind of the point.

I didn't say it was or was not because of anything. I also didn't say there was or wasn't a point. But yeah, carry on.

Old Post Mar-19-2020 22:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

Just kinda weird to be like omg the numbers are going UP?? Crayyyy.

Old Post Mar-19-2020 22:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

What I find to be odd is that there aren’t any documented recoveries here in these States SO United yet. People must be holding onto this disease with dear life.

Old Post Mar-19-2020 22:31 
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

You need to present no symptoms for at least 72 hours to be declared recovered, and the disease runs for around 14 days for most people. 17 days ago this thread didn't even exist, so it's not entirely surprising that no one in the US has had time to recover yet.

It's truly remarkable how quickly this thing has escalated. Even at the weekend we were living completely normally and I was making plans with a friend to have a post-work drink this Friday. Now we're staring down the barrel of endless months with none of that.

> Crazy Beautiful
> Beating The Lockdown Blues [Peak Time]
> A Different World [Downtempo Beats]

Old Post Mar-19-2020 22:41  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Promo
Just kinda weird to be like omg the numbers are going UP?? Crayyyy.

I didn't mean it's crazy that the numbers are going up. I simply meant that it's unreal at just how FAST they are going up. It's one thing to talk about it hypothetically or as, say, a movie plot. But it's surreal to watch them actually tick up in nearly real-time. It made sense in my head, at least.

Old Post Mar-19-2020 22:42  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread