Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > DJ PROMO Guinness World Record Attempt. New Dates Confirmed!
Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
sunrise3500
The Earth is flat.

quote:
Originally posted by mattpromo
Did anybody go to Intellectronica last night at the Aura lounge?

'twas there for a lil while

although that wasnt an actual intellectronica night or was it (prime cuts?)? wasn't it just by the same group of ppl... *shrug*

Old Post Apr-18-2006 04:30  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for sunrise3500 Click here to Send sunrise3500 a Private Message Add sunrise3500 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Anomyst
www.interview.net.au

how did that party go?

Old Post Apr-18-2006 05:18  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Anomyst Click here to Send Anomyst a Private Message Visit Anomyst's homepage! Add Anomyst to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by sunrise3500
'twas there for a lil while

although that wasnt an actual intellectronica night or was it (prime cuts?)? wasn't it just by the same group of ppl... *shrug*

Yeh that's a point. That's probably why no one's replied!

It was Prime Cuts organised by the Intellectronica people and Ben, it was great. I had fun although I was running between clubs all night. My time at Aura was great.

M@

GUINNESS WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT
Longest DJ (Club) Marathon Session
Fed Sq / Melbourne / June 12-16 2006
www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post Apr-18-2006 23:44  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for mattpromo Click here to Send mattpromo a Private Message Visit mattpromo's homepage! Add mattpromo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Anomyst
www.interview.net.au

Ahh nice one!! Ed was saying your set was right on the money!!

Old Post Apr-19-2006 02:36  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Anomyst Click here to Send Anomyst a Private Message Visit Anomyst's homepage! Add Anomyst to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Anomyst
Ahh nice one!! Ed was saying your set was right on the money!!

Just a shame the right hand deck was like an epileptic in a bowl of jelly on a trampoline. Other than that I had a huge time! And you and Katie weren't there

www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post Apr-19-2006 03:10  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for mattpromo Click here to Send mattpromo a Private Message Visit mattpromo's homepage! Add mattpromo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djGT
pho dac biet xe lua

If you want a taste of Matt's work, wait no further.

Matt Promo - Progresson Session

Thursday, April 27, 2006 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm US Eastern time :: convert

*Depeche Mode* Appreciation

Last edited by djGT on Apr-19-2006 at 22:28

Old Post Apr-19-2006 22:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djGT Click here to Send djGT a Private Message Visit djGT's homepage! Add djGT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by djGT
If you want a taste of Matt's work, wait no further.

Matt Promo - Progresson Session

Thursday, April 27, 2006 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm US Eastern time :: convert

You're a star dude!!

Just so everybody know's... DJ GT is from America where he is (amongst other things) one of the crew of www.di.fm

He contacted me to inform me of a rather healthy thread about my forthcoming Guinness World Record attempt that was several pages long.

After replying to the questions raised on the thread, I communicated further about hosting one of my mixes of DI.FM and GT requested a 4 hour prog mix.

The track listing for that mix has appeared several times on Tranceaddict but up until now the mix has not appeared anywhere.

Well Iím very pleased to announce that DI.FM are finally scheduling the mix, PROGRESSION SESSION for airing.

You can check it out at http://www.di.fm/calendar/event.php?event=3105

Thanks GT and everyone at DI.FM, and thanks to everyone at Tranceaddict.

Looking forward to catching up with a lot of you at Interview this Saturday.

Matt Solo aka DJ Promo

Please keep this thread alive

www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Last edited by mattpromo on Apr-19-2006 at 23:17

Old Post Apr-19-2006 22:43  Australia
Timski
Supreme tranceaddict

Super dooper effort mate, I will be down to check this out and give your effort the thumbs up... And have a listen live when my arse is at work.

Another question... Not sure if it already got asked because i skipped a few pages. What will the setup be i.e. will the mixer be familiar and one of your choice? Will they provide you with top notch gear that you request that hopefully wont shit itself?

I also just noticed that we go to the same gym...

Good luck!

Old Post Apr-20-2006 01:54  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Timski Click here to Send Timski a Private Message Visit Timski's homepage! Add Timski to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Timski
Super dooper effort mate, I will be down to check this out and give your effort the thumbs up... And have a listen live when my arse is at work.

Another question... Not sure if it already got asked because i skipped a few pages. What will the setup be i.e. will the mixer be familiar and one of your choice? Will they provide you with top notch gear that you request that hopefully wont shit itself?

I also just noticed that we go to the same gym...

Good luck!

Thanks dude!!

We're still confirming the exact set-up as there are so many companies involved and Easter and Anzac Day have played against us,

But, I can confirm I will be using Technics turntables, Allen & Heath mixer and Pioneer CDJs. The equipment has been selected for various reasons...

1) Durability (has to be the primary concern)

2) Ease of use and ergonomics

3) Sound quality and performance

Whilst equipment has been offered from various companies, it has been vitaly important for me to select equipment which will be easy for me to navigate and is up to the task of lasting for 100 hours continual play.

I am delighted to have Allen & Heath supplying the mixer and regardless of where I sourced them, Technics have always been my only choice of turntable.

I have also been aproached by Nexo for the speaker system but that is not confirmed as yet.

I would like to thank Jamie, Carmelo and Maxwell at the Technical Audio Group; Collee and Michael at Pioneer, and Dean at Factory Sound
who are all supporting this event with product, and everyone else who is helping make this into an awesome opportunity with which to raise vital money for 2 awesome charities.

Bring it on!!!

M@

www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post Apr-20-2006 03:27  Australia
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by mattpromo
I have also been aproached by Nexo for the speaker system but that is not confirmed as yet.
M@

This got me thinking and I gave Peter at Group Technologies a ring to find out what was hapenning on the Nexo front and I'm pleased to say I'm meeting with him tomorrow morning to organise the speaker system for the event. So many thanx to him too!!

And Audio Technica are providing the headphones and the microphones

M@

www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post Apr-20-2006 06:48  Australia
Anomyst
www.interview.net.au

a little bird told me you are getting the usage of a $250,000 mixing desk for the event.

OMFG!!

Old Post Apr-24-2006 07:17  Australia
tachyon
we shall DOMINATE.

quote:
Originally posted by Anomyst
a little bird told me you are getting the usage of a $250,000 mixing desk for the event.

must be 5x MK5G 1200s? and a Xone V6.

MySpace.

promotions@ninja-star.com.au
currently promoting: everything you can think of...

cutting sick since 1982.

Old Post Apr-24-2006 07:24  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for tachyon Click here to Send tachyon a Private Message Visit tachyon's homepage! Add tachyon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > DJ PROMO Guinness World Record Attempt. New Dates Confirmed!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread