Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > DJ PROMO Guinness World Record Attempt. New Dates Confirmed!
Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

DJ_ES-DVA wrote "ill this be during school exams? my friend pointed this out to me and looks like i wouldnt be able to go then They could possibly be a few weeks earlier? not sure if you would know." I'm afraid I don't know about that as in I don't know about the school times. It starts on the Queens birthday which is a public holiday so I guess you won't have school that day?

LIMITEDTIMEONLY wrote "What sort of music can we be expecting from you? i kjnow it will be a massive collection of alot of genre'sover the 100 hours but whats your speciality genre wise?" Like you said in 100 hours I can fit a lot of styles in. I will be playing different styles of house through funky, electro, prog, techno, tribal, tech and maybe....Trance, I'm not sure though...do you guys wanna hear trance?

GUINNESS WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT
Longest DJ (Club) Marathon Session
Fed Sq / Melbourne / June 12-16 2006
www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post Apr-01-2006 06:52  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for mattpromo Click here to Send mattpromo a Private Message Visit mattpromo's homepage! Add mattpromo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alex_cooke
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by mattpromo
Do you guys wanna hear trance?

Fvck yeah!

Best of luck for this Matt. Will be making sure i come down to Interview on the 22nd April to check you out before the record breaking attempt. Will also be making sure i make an appearance at Fed Sq during the middle of June to come and see how things are going. Im sure u can break it buddy.

AC -x0x-

Image created by Narcism! - Thanks

Old Post Apr-01-2006 08:45  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for alex_cooke Click here to Send alex_cooke a Private Message Visit alex_cooke's homepage! Add alex_cooke to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj_Es-Dva
\

Play Trance on monday please please please please!!!! hehe if i come itll be on monday so itd be great to hear some trance.

Old Post Apr-01-2006 21:16  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj_Es-Dva Click here to Send Dj_Es-Dva a Private Message Add Dj_Es-Dva to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ocean
Junior tranceaddict

Hey matt, do they expect you to stand on your feet for the whole 100 hours or do you get a chair dude?

I'll be down showing my support too.

Make it 100 hours of trance? A journey through the last decade or so?

-Patrick

Old Post Apr-02-2006 00:50  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for ocean Click here to Send ocean a Private Message Add ocean to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

ALEX COOKE wrote "Will be making sure i come down to Interview on the 22nd April to check you out before the record breaking attempt. Will also be making sure i make an appearance at Fed Sq during the middle of June to come and see how things are going. Im sure u can break it buddy." Cool matey, I'm also playing at AREA 61 on Friday the 7th of April, and F4 and AURA LOUNGE on Thursday the 13th. Make sure you come up and say hello.

DJ ES DVA wrote "Play Trance on monday please please please please!!!! hehe if i come itll be on monday so itd be great to hear some trance." I am currently talking with ANTOMYST regarding Trance as it's a style I don't play and therefore don't have any records and he is going to help me prepare a four hour set to play during the attempt and lend me the records. Since I'm not knowledgeable on Trance, why dont you guys start posting your requests and then when I prepare the set I can incorporate your tracks where possible. As for playing trance on the Monday, it's not quite that simple that I can play any given genre at any given time, however, late Monday night I can fit in a 1 - 2 hour set of trance but not during Monday day. What do the TRANCADDICT members want? Let me know your thoughts on when you would like to hear trance and what tracks you would like to hear. After all, I'm playing for the audience, therefore the audience should get what they're coming down for. I can't please everyone but I can try :-)

OCEAN wrote "Hey matt, do they expect you to stand on your feet for the whole 100 hours or do you get a chair dude?" I can do it anyway I like as long as I'm DJing. My personal choice will be to stand for the duration as I get too relaxed when I sit down. We've tested rubber flooring and comfy shoes etc so I should be OK, plus I have a stretching programme to maintain bloodflow etc.

www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post Apr-02-2006 02:55  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for mattpromo Click here to Send mattpromo a Private Message Visit mattpromo's homepage! Add mattpromo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eRRaTiK
g0t milk?

quote:
Originally posted by mattpromo
ALEX COOKE wrote

y'know, you can use the button. saves you typing out "xxx wrote..."

Jose Amnesia - The Eternal (Pulser Remix) / Chicane - Saltwater / Photon Project - Illumination / Gouryella - Tenshi / Altitude - Altitude (SHOKK Remix) / Rank 1 - Airwave / The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (En Motion Mix)

Old Post Apr-02-2006 03:00  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for eRRaTiK Click here to Send eRRaTiK a Private Message Add eRRaTiK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by eRRaTiK
y'know, you can use the button. saves you typing out "xxx wrote..."

Yeh I know that but I don't know how to quote more than one person in one reply

www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post Apr-02-2006 04:55  Australia
tachyon
we shall DOMINATE.

start > run > notepad and a little ctrl-c/ctrl-v actions could quite possibly resolve that predicament of yours

MySpace.

promotions@ninja-star.com.au
currently promoting: everything you can think of...

cutting sick since 1982.

Old Post Apr-02-2006 05:05  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for tachyon Click here to Send tachyon a Private Message Visit tachyon's homepage! Add tachyon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

That's what I do, it serves my purpose, it ain't broken, I ain't fixin it. I just write the peoples names to identify who said what and therefore explaining my answer.

Thanx anyway

www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post Apr-02-2006 15:07  Australia
Lloyd
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
A dancing audience, even if it is a single individual, must be present throughout, but no audience member may attend for more than four hours at a time

Is this actually going to be enforced? If so, for how long do you have to stay off the dance area before you can come back onto it? How do they intend to regulate this, if they do regulate it?

Old Post Apr-03-2006 00:01  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Lloyd Click here to Send Lloyd a Private Message Add Lloyd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eROs.au
Chuck Bass

good luck mate. for sure ill be there giving you support on this attemp

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
dont argue with the yanks nutter, they know best!

Old Post Apr-03-2006 00:38  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for eROs.au Click here to Send eROs.au a Private Message Visit eROs.au's homepage! Add eROs.au to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd
Is this actually going to be enforced? If so, for how long do you have to stay off the dance area before you can come back onto it? How do they intend to regulate this, if they do regulate it?

The rules state as follows...

7. A dancing audience, even if it is a single individual, must be present throughout the DJ session, but no member of the audience may attend for more than four hours at a stretch.

Now that doesn't say that you can't leave for 1 minute and then come back in. With regards to enforcing the rules, we will have stewards and shift managers on site to try and control that. It sounds pretty dumb and I think Guinness are covering themselves against anyone injuring themselves through exhaustion or dehydtration but you have to think, when was the last time you danced for 4 or more hours withought any break? I think it will be fine.

If you would like to read all the rule, please check out...

http://www.mattpromo.com/gwrrules.html

and also

http://www.mattpromo.com/gwrofficials.html

If there are any other questions then post them here and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thank you for your interest in this event

PROMO

www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post Apr-03-2006 02:07  Australia

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > DJ PROMO Guinness World Record Attempt. New Dates Confirmed!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread