Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > DJ PROMO Guinness World Record Attempt. New Dates Confirmed!
Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Nsonic
Supreme tranceaddict

Less than 2 weeks to go...w33t. AuTA meetup in order?

hope to hear some prog blasted out over Melbourne

Old Post May-30-2006 06:55  Bahrain
Click Here to See the Profile for Nsonic Click here to Send Nsonic a Private Message Add Nsonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Nsonic
Less than 2 weeks to go...w33t. AuTA meetup in order?

hope to hear some prog blasted out over Melbourne

Yeh man!! Don't know what the next bit meant and yeh man!!

GUINNESS WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT
Longest DJ (Club) Marathon Session
Fed Sq / Melbourne / June 12-16 2006
www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post May-30-2006 07:45  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for mattpromo Click here to Send mattpromo a Private Message Visit mattpromo's homepage! Add mattpromo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj_Es-Dva
\

i seriously have to remember to go i know im going to wake up and think wait..theres something im forgetting...

Old Post May-30-2006 10:24  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj_Es-Dva Click here to Send Dj_Es-Dva a Private Message Add Dj_Es-Dva to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Timski
Supreme tranceaddict

I am just curious promo... What is the longest you have stayed up un-aided before the record attempt? Have you been practicing staying awake for hours on end annoying the neighbours for days?

Also sucks your not this guy - http://www.thanhniennews.com/featur...10&newsid=12673

Old Post May-30-2006 22:56  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Timski Click here to Send Timski a Private Message Visit Timski's homepage! Add Timski to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Dj_Es-Dva
i seriously have to remember to go i know im going to wake up and think wait..theres something im forgetting...

JEEZ I hope that doesn't happen to me!!

www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post May-30-2006 23:44  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for mattpromo Click here to Send mattpromo a Private Message Visit mattpromo's homepage! Add mattpromo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Timski
I am just curious promo... What is the longest you have stayed up un-aided before the record attempt? Have you been practicing staying awake for hours on end annoying the neighbours for days?

Also sucks your not this guy - http://www.thanhniennews.com/featur...10&newsid=12673

Longest I've stayed up unaided by anything other than caffeine and Guarana was 5 days. I haven't been "practicing" staying awake as that actually harms the body more than it helps but the last couple of months have been very hard with very little quality sleep due to the workload involved in a project of this nature. As for annoying my neighbours, no as much as the people upstairs from me have annoyed me in the past

www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post May-31-2006 00:25  Australia
Abhay
banned user

quote:
Originally posted by Timski

Matt,

that guy pwns you. he could go for way longer.

Old Post May-31-2006 10:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for Abhay Click here to Send Abhay a Private Message Add Abhay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Abhay
banned user

quote:
Originally posted by mattpromo
Longest I've stayed up unaided by anything other than caffeine and Guarana was 5 days. I haven't been "practicing" staying awake as that actually harms the body more than it helps but the last couple of months have been very hard with very little quality sleep due to the workload involved in a project of this nature. As for annoying my neighbours, no as much as the people upstairs from me have annoyed me in the past

Any advice on how i can train my body to go with minimal sleep?

Particularily the physcial aspects. What sort of workouts should i do.

I'm just curious, because i usually don't sleep much during exams.

Old Post May-31-2006 10:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for Abhay Click here to Send Abhay a Private Message Add Abhay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tathi
wanderlust

quote:
Originally posted by mattpromo

It might sound wierd but meditating for 20 minutes every day will reduce the amount of sleep you need by hours, it's a healthy discipline to get into especially if you're undertaking something as hardcore as yourself

Old Post May-31-2006 11:01  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for tathi Click here to Send tathi a Private Message Add tathi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by tathi
It might sound wierd but meditating for 20 minutes every day will reduce the amount of sleep you need by hours, it's a healthy discipline to get into especially if you're undertaking something as hardcore as yourself

meditating is a really good thing for relaxing your body and making it function with more efficiency. Diet is also vitaly important. Small easy to digest meals/snacks and lots of them. Drink fluid when you start to feel hungry, then a small snack.

If you start to feel tired, go for a brisk walk. Get the blood flowing again, and make sure you walk after every meal. Snacks are cool but after a meal, walk.

Avoid caffeine and sugar as the crash is much greater than the high and avoid watching daytime television!!!

www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post Jun-01-2006 02:44  Australia
Nsonic
Supreme tranceaddict

News of this attempt has seem to just spread to every music and clubbing forum in australia

10 days to go!

Old Post Jun-02-2006 02:00  Bahrain
Click Here to See the Profile for Nsonic Click here to Send Nsonic a Private Message Add Nsonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mattpromo
Senior tranceaddict

Hopefully then we can uninte as a country of clubbers and in the 100 hours I will be DJing, raise awareness and money for two wonderful charites helping people less fortunate than we are.

Thank you again Tranceaddict and all the people who read this, write this and talk about this.

Let's make some history!

Matt

www.mattpromo.com
www.bigissue.org.au
www.challenge.org.au

Old Post Jun-02-2006 03:26  Australia

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > DJ PROMO Guinness World Record Attempt. New Dates Confirmed!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread