Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > The story behind you and Ta
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sunshine79
Around the world...

I have been on Club Planet since 2000 I think, but never really posted. I used it for Guestlists and stuff. After PvD in November 2002 I was going NUTS trying to get a tracklisting and ID the "Your Mama's Alright Song" - still no ID, of course! ( )

Anyway, Taub suggested TA and busted my ass till I posted...he DID start a nice welcome thread for me. From that thread I met JP, John, Arturo, etc and everyone was just so nice that I was addicted immediately.

I also hung out with John the very first weekend I was a TA and we had lots of fun. He introduced me to everyone else and here I am today!! I am _QUITE_ happy I became a TA and I owe it all to Matt - Thanks, buddy When I am rich and famous I won't forget you! lol

Old Post Apr-24-2003 17:52  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Sunshine79 Click here to Send Sunshine79 a Private Message Add Sunshine79 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Freeza
Mondial'd

Worm Popper

Took me a few minutes, but I remember now heh - Some random person just IMed me someday on AIM (Because of my profile since it says what DJ's I like, and this person liked the same ones and was bored i guess) So we were talking about AvB, Tiesto, PvD, etc, and he just asked me if I knew about TA - And I was like "whaaa" So I checked it out, but it didn't really intrest me back then for some reason. It wasn't untill I got back from WEMF in Canada of 2001 - That's when I started posting. I wanted to read review about the event, and I remembered that this website was based out of Canada, so I decided to check it out again - So I did, and joined and started posting and have been ever since

Old Post Apr-24-2003 18:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freeza Click here to Send Freeza a Private Message Add Freeza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EnigmaT
Ultimate EM Source

Read This!

History Lesson

Now that I look back at it, Napster is what first brought me to TA. They had "tranceaddict.com" attached to a couple of song names. I had a hard time finding out what parties were going on in the city, and with a bit of searching I then found the NY forum. Then one day I got the guts to participate in a party discussion, and things just blew up from there. John's colapsing in Exit (Tiesto, Dec 2001) was our first encounter with Melissa, but we didn't even know she was Butterfly until days afterwards. Greg was then tagged by John during another Exit party (Ferry, April 2002), cause he recongized him from the avatar. Matt was another original, but I don't remember how he came into the picture. From there on, everyone we knew or met ended up knowing another TA and the group just kept getting bigger and bigger. I know John met Brianna at Exit during the Deep Dish party, Ian we met briefly during PVD at Sound Factory, and I can't remember where the hell Alex came from

Old Post Apr-24-2003 18:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EnigmaT Click here to Send EnigmaT a Private Message Visit EnigmaT's homepage! Add EnigmaT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Srezic
Prog/House/Techno

quote:
Originally posted by DarkFall01
I found it on a search engine while looking for trance mp3s to download, that was like 3 years ago? Never decided to join the forums until 2 months ago

I started in a similar way:

Some kid made me listen to this track "Sasha & DJ Dado - Rave Megamix" and I liked it (this was like 2 to 3 years ago). I didn't really dload much then, but one day I was looking through my mp3s, and found that song and listened to it again, and was like "i gotta find more" so i searched napster, google, etc... for Rave and Sasha, which lead me to more things, namely Trance. And when i used trance as a keyword, it brought up tranceaddict.com =)

So I can gladly say that I found TA by myself, heheheh =).

Amit was also one of the first I talked to. And it was a fluke. I thought I knew him, because I had met a different Amit in some class I took over the past summer, and at that time he had a picture of a MD Terrapin as his avatar, so I thought it was the same guy. Well, i was very wrong about Amit. But, because of that I got to know lots more people.

~Ryan

Old Post Apr-24-2003 19:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Srezic Click here to Send Srezic a Private Message Add Srezic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klingklang77
blank

i found out from napster. then i visited the website and downloaded some more stuff. then i would read the reviews and tracklistings, etc.

i signed up b/c i had a question about something and i needed to register to post. so i asked the question and didn't post again for 2 months. i was a lurker for a long time.

Old Post Apr-25-2003 00:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for klingklang77 Click here to Send klingklang77 a Private Message Add klingklang77 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
decibel08
unwilling work addict

quote:
Originally posted by DarkFall01
I found it on a search engine while looking for trance mp3s to download, that was like 3 years ago? Never decided to join the forums until 2 months ago

same story here, was looking for mp3s, and figured out a year or so later that this place had forums too...

then asked whether boston or ny were better for pvd (went to boston for some reason...) and met some people shortly thereafter, and now im addicted.

Old Post Apr-25-2003 00:43  Switzerland
Click Here to See the Profile for decibel08 Click here to Send decibel08 a Private Message Add decibel08 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CRZtoshi
tranceaddict

Dancing Dude

linked here from dj2kmixes.com....
then was reading the jokes section on the forums for a long time...
never knew there even was a forum for local "whats-uppers-info" till like last year when i was like "oh... NYC section... wonder whats it all about....????" then finally posted my first post last night... ke ke ke ke ke... wasssaaabbbbiiiii

Old Post Apr-25-2003 00:54  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for CRZtoshi Click here to Send CRZtoshi a Private Message Add CRZtoshi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TrancEdifice
Supreme tranceaddict

Hmm, I can't recall excatly, but it has to do something with Eurodancehits.com. Then, very slowly, I have met some of you( I began meeting people face to face when I migrated to the New York forums).Its been two years now since I joined, but, technically, I am still a lurker. Nobody's fault but my own, though.

Old Post Apr-25-2003 01:44  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for TrancEdifice Click here to Send TrancEdifice a Private Message Add TrancEdifice to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
leitline
Senior tranceaddict

a *former* friend told me about this site. I read it for a good 6 months before I started posting. Actually, I met most of you before I started posting, but none of you seem to remember that, except John. lol

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes, is the answer."

Old Post Apr-25-2003 03:16  Dominican Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for leitline Click here to Send leitline a Private Message Add leitline to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

quote:
Originally posted by leitline
a *former* friend told me about this site. I read it for a good 6 months before I started posting. Actually, I met most of you before I started posting, but none of you seem to remember that, except John. lol

Ya, we met at John 00 or something before that at arc right?

Old Post Apr-25-2003 03:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vtec junkie
slave to the dark beat

I found TA two years ago when searching for Armin sets.....got my first ID+T radio set from TA, but ive only been posting in the forums since october of 2002.

Old Post Apr-25-2003 06:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for vtec junkie Click here to Send vtec junkie a Private Message Visit vtec junkie's homepage! Add vtec junkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
D'Paul
Senior tranceaddict

The grandmaster that taught me the basics of spinning trance/house, also hooked me up with TA.

Old Post Apr-25-2003 08:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for D'Paul Click here to Send D'Paul a Private Message Add D'Paul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > The story behind you and Ta
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown Track [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAyumi Hamasaki - Unite (Airwave remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread