Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Recommend: pumping classic prog/trance mixes
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Recommend: pumping classic prog/trance mixes

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I've been getting back into my running recently after a few years break, and I'm in need of some fresh mixes to soundtrack my jaunts. I've got a trusty pool of Essential Mixes that I've absolutely battered to death down the years, as well as my Rapid Transit series I created just for this purpose.

So, recommend me your finest pumping energetic progressive house/trance sets. Preferably in good sound quality and ideally downloadable. Please don't bother with any cheesy bollocks from Tiesto/Armin/Ferry Corsten/etc. And nothing after 2002.

I was really surprised to see you post this given your extensive knowledge in exactly that sound. Frankly you'd be one of the people I'd reach out to if I was searching. Nevertheless I'll make my recommendation but I feel a tad uncomfortable as you may have heard this compilation and I'd hate to be that person who always points out the obvious.

Old Post Jun-03-2020 19:42  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Re: Re: Recommend: pumping classic prog/trance mixes

quote:
Originally posted by SPANIARD
I was really surprised to see you post this given your extensive knowledge in exactly that sound. Frankly you'd be one of the people I'd reach out to if I was searching. Nevertheless I'll make my recommendation but I feel a tad uncomfortable as you may have heard this compilation and I'd hate to be that person who always points out the obvious.

Yeah, I know this compilation, and a fine one it is. Very underrated actually.

My knowledge in the field of pumping prog is reasonably extensive, but I last did any serious running about four years ago, and I haven't really put anything new on my phone for that purpose since then. And there are always mixes out there I haven't discovered.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-03-2020 19:52  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Camwin
STICKMAN

Re: Re: Recommend: pumping classic prog/trance mixes

quote:
Originally posted by SPANIARD

Huge memories with this CD.
I went camping with a few mates 2005 and played Ferry's Remix of Adagio For Strings. A couple walk past saying 'good song' (we're in NZ this doesn't come by often let alone camping). Me and a mate end up spending the rest of the night in their car listening to J00F and Paul Oakenfold essential mixes.
They gave us a CD that had this Renaissance compilation and it changed my music life. Vidapura kicked my love of Marc Mitchell into gear.

I ALSO LIVESTREAMED
THE LAST FLIGHT - PROGRESSIVE HOUSE/TRANCE

Old Post Jun-04-2020 01:04  New Zealand
Click Here to See the Profile for Camwin Click here to Send Camwin a Private Message Visit Camwin's homepage! Add Camwin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

If you want it banging and rather trancy (though overlapping quite a bit with what prog jocks like Foort and Kleinenberg played at the time), and don't mind a modest sprinkling of grated cheese in one or two places, this is quite nice, too.

The radio compression makes everything banging though.

Tracklist mostly by moi:

Marco V - Dance Department, Radio 538 (NL), 31 March 2001

01. Medway - Release (Andy Moor Remix) [Hooj Choons]
02. Float - Nothing Seems Real (Original) [Superstition]
03. Timo Maas - Maasmellow (Casseopaya Remix) [Casseopaya Recordings]
04. Stateform - Rio (Main Mix) [PRG]
05. ID
06. Planet Funk - Chase The Sun (Marco V Remix) [Unreleased]
07. Mundo - My Life (Original Mix) [Acetate Ltd]
08. ID
09. ID
10. Breeder - New York FM (Tilt Remix) [Rhythm Syndicate Records]

Old Post Jun-04-2020 17:23  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
If you want it banging and rather trancy (though overlapping quite a bit with what prog jocks like Foort and Kleinenberg played at the time), and don't mind a modest sprinkling of grated cheese in one or two places, this is quite nice, too.

The radio compression makes everything banging though.

Tracklist mostly by moi:

Marco V - Dance Department, Radio 538 (NL), 31 March 2001

01. Medway - Release (Andy Moor Remix) [Hooj Choons]
02. Float - Nothing Seems Real (Original) [Superstition]
03. Timo Maas - Maasmellow (Casseopaya Remix) [Casseopaya Recordings]
04. Stateform - Rio (Main Mix) [PRG]
05. ID
06. Planet Funk - Chase The Sun (Marco V Remix) [Unreleased]
07. Mundo - My Life (Original Mix) [Acetate Ltd]
08. ID
09. ID
10. Breeder - New York FM (Tilt Remix) [Rhythm Syndicate Records]

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm after. Shame there's no download link though. The Bluetooth connection between my shitty phone and my earphones doesn't work properly if I have 4G turned on, hence my need for downloads.

Hopefully I'll get a new phone soon and rectify this daft problem.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-04-2020 17:31  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RebeL9
The Digital Blonde addict

One set I always come back to is Anthony Pappa from Innercity 2001. One of the most furious, nastiest and darkest prog sets I've listened to.

01. Decepticons - Eastern Promise
02. O.B.A – Noah's Ark (Deep Amok Remix)
03. Shuffle Inc. - Remember New York (Lexicon Avenue House Heads Remix)
04. Lexicon Avenue - Why R U Here (House Heads Remix)
05. Saeed & Palash - Watching You
06. Filmpalast – Istanbul (DJ Remy Remix)
07. Bala – The Stand (Darko Remix)
08. Evolution Feat. Jayn Hanna - Walking On Fire (Bedrock Vocal Mix)
09. Andy Ling – Futura (Dub Mix)
10. Soulvation – Flying Into Love (Revolting Roud The World Mix)
11. Deep Amok – Darkness
12. Lemon8 - New York New York
13. Head Affect - Afrochrome (Gentle's Dirty 131 Mix)

Old Post Jun-05-2020 11:45  Afghanistan
Click Here to See the Profile for RebeL9 Click here to Send RebeL9 a Private Message Visit RebeL9's homepage! Add RebeL9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chittle
Supreme tranceaddict

The past month I've been listening to a lot of Orkidea sets from stev0b's excellent archive. Anything from 1999 is golden but the below set is particularly good.

Radio Unity 014 - 26 October 1999
01. Space Manoeuvres - Stage One (Orkidea Remix)
02. Art Of Trance - Easter Island (Cygnus X Remix)
03. BT - Mercury & Solace (BT 12'' Mastermix)
04. Paul van Dyk - Another Way (Club Mix)
05. Art Of Noise via Brothers In Rhythm - Dreaming: Colour Red
06. Bedrock - Heaven Scent (Original Mix)
07. Natious - Amber (Silk Mix)
08. Mea Culpa - The Child
09. Talisman & Hudson - Leaving Planet Earth

Also, M.I.K.E. did a few radio shows in 2001 which might fit the bill, check out his archive for tracklists.

Old Post Jun-05-2020 16:37  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Chittle Click here to Send Chittle a Private Message Add Chittle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
thisispaul
Junior tranceaddict

You might be interested in these. A journey through the early years of trance and pumping progressive. Most definitely great running music.

https://soundcloud.com/paul-macdona...-of-trance-1990

Old Post Jun-06-2020 20:29  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for thisispaul Click here to Send thisispaul a Private Message Add thisispaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

lol @ self promo of a set with less views than the Chinese Charter of Human Rights.

Old Post Jun-06-2020 20:35  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
thisispaul
Junior tranceaddict

Hey, you've got to start somewhere. Just seemed to fit. Sorry if I've made a mistake, happy to delete if needed.

Old Post Jun-06-2020 20:47  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for thisispaul Click here to Send thisispaul a Private Message Add thisispaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Camwin
STICKMAN

quote:
Originally posted by thisispaul
Hey, you've got to start somewhere. Just seemed to fit. Sorry if I've made a mistake, happy to delete if needed.

Ignore him, his prejudice self is the only thing he falls back on.
I was gonna send your link (from Reddit) but wasn't sure what year to pick so i just didn't haha.

I ALSO LIVESTREAMED
THE LAST FLIGHT - PROGRESSIVE HOUSE/TRANCE

Old Post Jun-07-2020 00:24  New Zealand
Click Here to See the Profile for Camwin Click here to Send Camwin a Private Message Visit Camwin's homepage! Add Camwin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

trancedfaggot

I'd suggest looting to make you feel better, but trance and limp wrists et al.

Old Post Jun-07-2020 13:15  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Recommend: pumping classic prog/trance mixes
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback----- 2004 track needs iding [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBreeder - New York FM (Van Bellen Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread