return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
For all people from the USA
View this Thread in Original format
DaveSaenz
Do you guys vote?

If more young people would vote we could be a powerful voting bloc.
Instead they trample on us because of our apathy.

I know it's a pain in the ass to vote, but if you don't, you can't complain about why you can't find a job, why your parents or relatives are losing their jobs, why your cousin is in Iraq dodging terrorists' bullets for energy companies, why you pay taxes for social security while it won't be of any help to you when you're old (if trends continue), why you're having trouble paying for college while Bill Gates is 4 billion richer from tax breaks, why you get an asthma attack when you breath the air in some cities, why it's unsafe to eat more than one can of tuna fish per week because of high levels of heavy metals in the oceans, why the last 3 percent of the Earth's giant redwood trees could soon be lost to greed, why most other countries hate us, why the government still insists on a war on drugs when many police officers talk of how fruitless it is, why 12 year old little girls in housing projects are being sued by large corporate interests instead of adopting a more sensible approach to file sharing....

Don't you want this to mean something again?

I do.

Thanks for your time.

<3 David;)
LuNaSeA
i cant wait to vote man. good call.

im moving out of this country if bush gets re-elected. and if he does, then whenever someone says americans are stupid, i'll just yep, most of them are.
Renegade
Vote Dean. Don't make me come over there....

*shakes fist*
Konijn Island
i vote in primaries by absentee ballot--that's dedication :eek:
beema
I definatley vote
I just wish I knew more extensivly about what all of the candidates policies are...:confused:

btw people, Congressional elections are MUCH more important than presidential ones, so don't skip out on those.
NYCTrancefan
I plan to vote and vote Bush out, I supported him on Iraq but more and more things just look sad, in that they can't even secure the damn place, no weapons that I was convinced was there, along with a lack of political direction for this great nation of ours. I would never resort to the American bashing that the Europeans have resorted to, I expect it from the Arab world, but Bush truly lacks any firm vision for this nation and I am tired of his rhetoric about we will defeat the terrorists. Enough already find them, kill them and move on. One thing to remember unlike Iraq under Saddam Hussein, Bush has to face the people in 2004, America is bigger than G.W. Bush and that is the good thing about democracy, you can can his ass. So when people bash America I say at least we can always get rid of our president, unlike some other places around this maddening world.
Aya Brea
I turned 18 back in February, so I haven't gotten to vote yet, but I don't know if I even will.
Lost Inhibition
im not 18 yet so i cant legally.

actually, recently i went to the Boston Freedom Rally (aka Hempfest). it surprised the hell out of me how many people just came to smoke up and actually boo'd at the public speakers when they were talking about voting. all these people want weed to be legalized yet nobody wants to vote for it:mad:
DaveSaenz
quote:
Originally posted by Aya Brea
I turned 18 back in February, so I haven't gotten to vote yet, but I don't know if I even will.

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Inhibition
im not 18 yet so i cant legally.

actually, recently i went to the Boston Freedom Rally (aka Hempfest). it surprised the hell out of me how many people just came to smoke up and actually boo'd at the public speakers when they were talking about voting. all these people want weed to be legalized yet nobody wants to vote for it:mad:

That's the kind of apathy I'm talking about. Sad.:(

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade
Vote Dean. Don't make me come over there....

*shakes fist*

LOL.

-edited my comment because it was in poor taste.
Clyde77
im trying to vote for kerry :)

Omegasox
It's not always a sign of apathy. I just choose not to vote because I don't know enough about the candidates. Then again, all the information we receieve through the media is usually false or exaggerated, so it's very hard to make an educated decision.

I'd much rather only those who do their research and understand politics vote, than every Tom, Dick and Harry voting by eeny-meeny-miny-moe.
DaveSaenz
quote:
Originally posted by Omegasox
It's not always a sign of apathy. I just choose not to vote because I don't know enough about the candidates. Then again, all the information we receieve through the media is usually false or exaggerated, so it's very hard to make an educated decision.

That's soooo soooo true, and a great point. ;)

It's hard to keep track of so many candidates sometimes and what they stand for, but it just amuses me why so many people complain about how ty things are while they don't vote (at least some of the time). They have the power to change things if they don't like them. :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Privacy Statement