return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
urgent ...regarding l-vee (airwave)
View this Thread in Original format
stipsy
Reading Stipsy's earlier post. Yes it is true that my friend Laurent (Airwave/ L-vee + many other guises) is thinking about chucking it all in. He's fed up with the current climate of the dance music world. Downloading music is not only crippling underground dance labels but now it's starting to affect the producers. It's heartbreaking to see your hard work and toil be given away for free on the internet. His last album was available for download weeks before it was for sale in the shops??? Like us, he has to make a living, pay bills etc. It also costs a lot of money to keep the studio up to date as technology moves on. How can you do this with your income crippled by free files sharing???
I believe that there will be an answer to this problem as I am always forward thinking. I'm trying to make Laurent see this. He is one of the most influential Trance producers currently around. He is a true genius. We would be lost with out him.

Please sign this petition below to show what support he has from his loyal fans. This will make him realise that he has many friends and fans that will support him. This maybe be the support that he needs for him to see the light. (www.john00fleming.com message board)

(Cut and paste this and post it on as many message boards as you can and get people to visit this website sign this petition.)

this is from john 00
dj_helen_k
quote:
Originally posted by stipsy
Reading Stipsy's earlier post. Yes it is true that my friend Laurent (Airwave/ L-vee + many other guises) is thinking about chucking it all in. He's fed up with the current climate of the dance music world. Downloading music is not only crippling underground dance labels but now it's starting to affect the producers. It's heartbreaking to see your hard work and toil be given away for free on the internet. His last album was available for download weeks before it was for sale in the shops??? Like us, he has to make a living, pay bills etc. It also costs a lot of money to keep the studio up to date as technology moves on. How can you do this with your income crippled by free files sharing???
I believe that there will be an answer to this problem as I am always forward thinking. I'm trying to make Laurent see this. He is one of the most influential Trance producers currently around. He is a true genius. We would be lost with out him.

Please sign this petition below to show what support he has from his loyal fans. This will make him realise that he has many friends and fans that will support him. This maybe be the support that he needs for him to see the light. (www.john00fleming.com message board)

(Cut and paste this and post it on as many message boards as you can and get people to visit this website sign this petition.)

this is from john 00

:eek: :( :( :(
webmeister
dude - sux0r :(:(:(
Dj_Psygnosis
AIRWAVE QUITTING!!!!, NO WAYYYYY.

I hope he doesn't, most quality trance tunes are from him...

*listens to Cape Town - Cinema..UHHHHHHH NICE!
Teknoscaper.
blaming mp3 is bull

how else was he expecting his music to be heard
xxTRANCEBOYxx
Video Hits? :p
mr_stamper
quote:
Originally posted by Teknoscaper.
blaming mp3 is bull

how else was he expecting his music to be heard

For the first time ever i agree with Teknoscaper! :)

I think it's BS producers blaming mp3's, it promotes their music rather than crippling it!

Ok, lets take for example L-Vee:
MP3's don't exist:
I buy an Airwave record off the net even tho i have never heard it. It's not to my liking so i don't ever buy a Airwave / L-vee record again because why would i spend my $20 on something i think is going to be crap.

MP3's do exist:
I download every one of L-vee productions (i actually have about 70 of them). I take a liking to a few of them and have now bought "Fire & Ice - Heart & Mind E.P" and "Airwave vs Rising Star - Sunspot". Now anything that is released by L-vee i watch keenly and i have the utmost respect for the man.

There ya go, i rest my case.
escee
quote:
Originally posted by mr_stamper
MP3's do exist:
I download every one of L-vee productions (i actually have about 70 of them). I take a liking to a few of them and have now bought "Fire & Ice - Heart & Mind E.P" and "Airwave vs Rising Star - Sunspot". Now anything that is released by L-vee i watch keenly and i have the utmost respect for the man.

That would be ok if you bought every one of the productions you listened to. Your still getting something for nothing and depriving L Vee of income by listening to his work for free. Then you would say no im not because i wouldnt have bought them in the first place. Sure you might not have, but what about a person who gets them off you? or someone else?

The 'its not mp3' arguement is just as bull as the 'it is mp3 arguement'. Piracy is Piracy is Piracy. Mp3s have their place for sure, but dont fool your selves by saying mp3s are great and i would never listen to anything if i didnt download the mp3.
sifntj0r
this petition seems like an elaborate dick sucking exercise to me

maybe l-vee isnt getting enough love at home.
JayKuE
airwave quitting is pretty disheartening
but i'm curious, how do producers/djs receive the majority of their income? through record sales? cd/album sales? or dj gigs?

AussieTrance
So was his album ever released in Australia, or do we have to import for 50 - $60 like most quality trance?

Seriously, start releasing your stuff down here and we wont have to download it.

mind you, most of the cd's I buy are around that mark anyway
Philby
quote:
Originally posted by mr_stamper

MP3's do exist:

wow, you have just stolen $700 from airwave, congratulations.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement