return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.

Pages: [1] 2 
Another Club Shooting [Toronto]
View this Thread in Original format
Elmo-On-XTC
There was another club tragedy that took place last night. This time it was in Toronto (Yorkville region). A 19 Year Old man is dead and 2 others injured after shots were fired on the dance floor at XES Lounge. Here's the full story:

quote:
One dead, two injured in club shooting
Gunman targeted 19-year-old Police seek XES Lounge witnesses

MELISSA LEONG
STAFF REPORTER

A 19-year-old Scarborough man is dead and two others injured after a shooting at a Yorkville club.

Police arrived at the XES Lounge at 17 Yorkville Ave. at 2:47 a.m. yesterday.

Three people had been shot on the dance floor and were taken to St. Michael's Hospital at 3:40 a.m. Bruce Horace Pancho of Scarborough died at the hospital.

A 27-year-old man and a 22-year-old man are being treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

"The dance floor was quite busy at that time," said Toronto police Detective Frank Skubic.

After gunfire was heard, "the victims fell to the ground and the club emptied out in a hurry."

Pancho collapsed on the upper level of the club. The two other men, both from Toronto, managed to get outside.

"The deceased was the target. The other two were just collateral injuries," Skubic said.

Police are seeking just one suspect and believe one gun was involved. They have yet to get a description of the suspect and are appealing to club patrons for help.

The club might have held 200 people, Skubic said.

"People weren't panicking," said a promoter for the club, who asked that his name not be used. He said that at the time of the shooting, he was inside collecting his belongings to leave, but he was unaware of what had happened. "Everybody seemed calm. Everybody thought it was a cap gun."

It wasn't the first shooting at that location. A man was shot outside what was then the Statik Niteclub on June 28, 1998, suffering injuries to his legs and torso.

Shaken residents of the area stepped carefully around the police tape yesterday, looking at the blood stains on the sidewalk in front of the Yorkville library branch. Many said they were used to loud noise emanating from the club and hadn't heard anything unusual.

"It's scary," said Anwar Ali. "And sad." He watched the police from across the street in his parking-lot booth. Ali said he usually works the night shift.

"I have to find a new job."

Steve Roy, owner of Oz Salon at 11 Yorkville, said he has seen too much violence in the area.

He pointed out his window.

"There, there, there," he said. "Within this 100 square feet, what else has happened that I haven't seen?"

"I saw someone get stabbed while I was driving by in a cab."

A client of his who lived in the neighbourhood was stabbed and killed last year. And now yesterday's shootings.

"There's three," he said.

"Maybe there won't be any more."

http://www.torontostar.ca/NASApp/cs...id=968350130169

:(
Fir3start3r
Scarlem...

Should I be surprised? :rolleyes:
dEsidEL
quote:
Originally posted by Fir3start3r
Scarlem...

huh ? isn't Yorkville downtown .. ?
Fir3start3r
quote:
Originally posted by dEsidEL
huh ? isn't Yorkville downtown .. ?

Sorry, I meant the people involved, not the location of the incident...
corsten_addict
Yorkville is also a very swank and posh area. Surprised like this happened.
TranceGeek
Yorkville used to be a wicked hangout about 5 years ago... but the crowd around there has changed a lot, now its just meh...
itikia
quote:
Originally posted by Fir3start3r
Scarlem...

I agree.

itikia
King_Mack
quote:
Originally posted by corsten_addict
Yorkville is also a very swank and posh area. Surprised like this happened.

the club XES(formerly known as statik) attracts the wrong kinds of ppl. Urban parties..need I say more?
aries
THANK GOD IT NEVER HAPPENS AT VIVA
charmscars
quote:
Originally posted by aries
THANK GOD IT NEVER HAPPENS AT VIVA

are you being sarcastic? b/c there was an incident.

cs

Mosaic
quote:
Originally posted by charmscars
are you being sarcastic? b/c there was an incident.

cs

was there?
The Highroller
yep someone got shot a while back.

*thinks it had something to do with someone ratting on a asian drug lord :stongue: *
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement