return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

2 channel mixer with 16 beat loop function?
View this Thread in Original format
the-sixth
I have been researching mixers that would allow me to take a sample/loop of the last 16 beats of a record and loop while mixing into another track.

This seems a very hard thing to actually find a mixer that can accurately keep the loop in time.

Pioneer seem to have that part nailed down but I cannot find any firm info if say the DJM-400 will allow me to loop 16 beats.

Any video i have seen ot can only store 4 beats which is useless in my view but its not clear to me if your limited to just 4 beats per sample bank.

This then led me onto the Stanton M.207 which i *think* can do 16 but then its not great in accuracy. Same with the Berhinger DDM4000.

I only need two channels and really I would struggle to justify anything over 400.

Maybe a send / return with a seperate box that has looping functions is the way to go but the key is at least 16 beat loop, Accuracy and storage of samples would be really great lol
DJ RANN
You're right pioneer have the loop thing down but bear in mind, autoloop I think is limited to 8 beats on most of their equipment.

TBH, CDJ's or controllers are going to have way more loop functions than mixers, but that's not going to com in under a grand.

Serato's slicer can do 16 beats but not sure if you want to go that way?
the-sixth
quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
You're right pioneer have the loop thing down but bear in mind, autoloop I think is limited to 8 beats on most of their equipment.

TBH, CDJ's or controllers are going to have way more loop functions than mixers, but that's not going to com in under a grand.

Serato's slicer can do 16 beats but not sure if you want to go that way?

I opted for the DJM 400 after all and the effects pretty much suck on it. Echo is terrible for example even when you turn it off the echo still tails :wtf:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement