return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Oxygen 8,... MIDI or USB?
View this Thread in Original format
CarlosM
Hi Guys, well.. My uncle will bring me at saturday an Oxygen 8 MIDI Controller, I read that it can use USB or MIDI out, But I would like to know wich are the ventages of using the midi or usb out,... Should I just connect to the USB port?.. or MIDI is better? and why?

Well... Thats all... Thanks in Advance.

Carlos,
Critical7
USB would be the way that it connects to the computer. MIDI will be the way that it connects to your synths/sound modules etc.
CarlosM
quote:
Originally posted by Critical7
USB would be the way that it connects to the computer. MIDI will be the way that it connects to your synths/sound modules etc.

OK, but u mean use the MIDI to Hardaware Synths, or u mean I have to use the MIDI to use the Soft Synths??

Thanks
Critical7
No, you'll be driving MIDI through the USB interface to control hardware synths. To control soft synths you shouldn't really need to output MIDI at all. You'll just need to have an input source from your MIDI controller/keyboard into your computer so you can 'play' the soft synths.
CarlosM
OK, Thanks for the replies,.. so.. ill be just using the USB since i dont have a hardware synth yet.

See ya, Thanks
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement