return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 
Coda "toronto's Newest Temple Of Sound" ??
View this Thread in Original format
djchez
DETAILS ANYONE!!!???
geroin
yup.
CODE
Details Coming soon.

But definately aimed at being one of North America's Top Vnues...
Built from the Ground up from a Team that knows how to do it right..
Special K
Interesting.

I was wondering what CODA was when I saw this

http://www.liaisonartists.com/artist/robag-wruhme

Who's the team behind this venue?
chris1011
orly
kotsy
Not a fan of the name but topping "Footwork" is a toughie. I think "The Underground" would've been cool, and ironic because the club is a loft. I already love the space (have been twice already since the fw team took over) and am really excited to see how they make it better. Steph told me they are renovating every inch of the club when they shut down for 3 weeks after new year's. New sound (PK system from the island) and new lighting are just a start. I'd really like to see them take out the lighting system they have there now (seems really dated) and put in a nice led light system. Lighting that you want to take a video of.

With Guv listed, a venue this size with great bookings was needed. Ryze has filled a void and it'll be great having both clubs to pick from in 2014... I just wish one of them was open past 5! To see the talent they bring in play proper extended sets would be a treat. What happened to the Toronto of yesteryear with clubs like Boa and System sound bar that were open till 9am? Does Toronto have stricter laws now or are club owners just not interested in working that late? I know we have zone - but they only bring internationals on New Year's now. I don't buy the theory that Toronto doesn't want to party that late. Sure, Footwork was rarely busy when it shut down at 5AM, but if they put the headliner on at 4AM, it'd be a completely different story. Coda is shaping up to be Toronto's stereo (our closest thing to Stereo before anyone jumps on me :p)... it'd be amazing to have hours that were at least similar to it.
planetaryplayer
for tenaglia at maison around 6 it was still pretty full...guv was full last time i went (phone got stolen from my pocket so its listed too for me) the bottle service crowd/younger kids seem to be staying out later i guess. so coda is going to be new footwork renovated i guess? that layout kinda confused me, and ya name is kinda lame. a no texting on the floor/standing still in front of the dj booth policy would be nice ! a techno focused club next please =)
Big Boss
quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
Not a fan of the name but topping "Footwork" is a toughie. I think "The Underground" would've been cool, and ironic because the club is a loft. I already love the space (have been twice already since the fw team took over) and am really excited to see how they make it better. Steph told me they are renovating every inch of the club when they shut down for 3 weeks after new year's. New sound (PK system from the island) and new lighting are just a start. I'd really like to see them take out the lighting system they have there now (seems really dated) and put in a nice led light system. Lighting that you want to take a video of.

With Guv listed, a venue this size with great bookings was needed. Ryze has filled a void and it'll be great having both clubs to pick from in 2014... I just wish one of them was open past 5! To see the talent they bring in play proper extended sets would be a treat. What happened to the Toronto of yesteryear with clubs like Boa and System sound bar that were open till 9am? Does Toronto have stricter laws now or are club owners just not interested in working that late? I know we have zone - but they only bring internationals on New Year's now. I don't buy the theory that Toronto doesn't want to party that late. Sure, Footwork was rarely busy when it shut down at 5AM, but if they put the headliner on at 4AM, it'd be a completely different story. Coda is shaping up to be Toronto's stereo (our closest thing to Stereo before anyone jumps on me :p)... it'd be amazing to have hours that were at least similar to it.

If you want to party past 5am jump on the 401 East.
kotsy
quote:
Originally posted by Big Boss
If you want to party past 5am jump on the 401 East.

Shouldn't have to with a scene as strong as toronto's
jon jon
coda...

CMR
Wait, so is this just what the new Footwork is going to be called or is this a whole new venue?
Special K
^^^

Seems like it (Coda = 794 Bathurst)

Re: hours of operation.

Mehhhh 5am is enough. I'd rather have the headliner go on at midnight / 1am and play for a few hours then 4/5 am. A venue with stereos hours would not interest me at all.

Id def prefer something like output where you can buy alcohol and party until 5/6 am.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 
Privacy Statement