return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Vestax PDT 5000 compared to Technics SL1210 mk3 ??
View this Thread in Original format
DJ Ezzian
How good are the Vestax PDT 5000 compared to the Technics SL1210 mk3.
I got 2 of the vestax tt and I am very happy about them, but would like to know if the mk3`s are better.

thanx
:)
MERiDiAN5i2
in the world of high-end turntables, i wouldnt say any of them are "better" than eachother.

the high end vestax and technics decks all have excellent properties.. good torque, build quality, nice features, etc etc... it's really a matter of what you prefer.

i will say, that the 1200 Mk2 and Mk3 are the standard, when you play out you will almost always spin on a SL1200 series deck, and this alone is the reason that I own 1200's. If I never planned on playing outside my house, or always taking my decks with me, I certainly would have went vestax for the features and straight tonearm. pitchbend on a turntable would be badass!

vestax decks are quite badass, dont get me wrong.. i got the chance to spin on the 2000's recently and I enjoyed them. but, i'm used to my technics, and i prefer them for that reason.

-mer
DJ Ezzian
I think you missunderstood(is this right?:p ) me, it`s the old modell not the new one(PDX). I think they are the same size (to fit in flightcases). But if anyone know this for sure please repley.

:)
MERiDiAN5i2
cant tell you for sure, but i would be supprised if they did not fit in a standard flight case.. most tables are pretty much the same dimensions, and this is why you dont see many custom turntable flight cases...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement