return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
2012.07.04 Mad Not Mad Pres. Sasha - Never Say Never Sunset Cruise (pg. 3)
View this Thread in Original format
yankeeBaby
Meh I don't see the worth. I mean, Massive has boat cruises fro $35-40, so if I'm paying an extra $100-150 for a plate of food I better see some lobster on that bitch. Just my opinion, don't anyone get crazy ;) go and have your self a good ol time.
stvy
Doesn't massive use the old rackity queen of hearts boat? If that boat was any older there would be people rowing on bottom deck. I can't vouch for them or bash them as I've never been on one.

But I know they do not skimp on this party. The boat, Sound, light, drinks etc. Nothing is worse than being stuck on a boat with purely ty sound. I went on a boat a few years back in Miami that had great music. The sound was absolute though. I could have produced better sound with a sony boombox. It made what would have been a great party to something that was just meh. I'll spend the extra cash knowing no corners will be cut and everything is done proper.
Groundhog Boy
quote:
Originally posted by yankeeBaby
Meh I don't see the worth. I mean, Massive has boat cruises fro $35-40, so if I'm paying an extra $100-150 for a plate of food I better see some lobster on that bitch. Just my opinion, don't anyone get crazy ;) go and have your self a good ol time.

We're out of town, so didn't respond and get invites, but I believe it's top shelf open bar, isn't it? If you're going to drink at the party, that's not a bad deal. I know their capacity was cut this year compared to last.
euphoria
edit: ^ +1 what he said lol
violethalo
quote:

They're not handing out a plate of corndogs and baked beans lol (although I do love me some corndogs). It's a catered buffet. Really good food (quality steak, pasta, veggies, salad, chicken dishes) and as much as you can shove in your mouth before running back to the deck to dance. And yeah, top shelf open bar. I'm pretty sure if I tried hard enough I could consume $220 of food and drinks alone but I'll try to keep it classy.
yankeeBaby
quote:
Originally posted by Groundhog Boy
We're out of town, so didn't respond and get invites, but I believe it's top shelf open bar, isn't it? If you're going to drink at the party, that's not a bad deal. I know their capacity was cut this year compared to last.

Well open bar changes everything ;) I was not aware. Now worth the price. $150(??) for food was not, because I wouldnt eat anything anyways.

Why is it that I say "everyone dont go crazy" and yet everyone has to write paragraph-long responses as to why $200 is a good price? Didnt I say that I didnt give a and for everyone to go have a good time? Especially considering one response was using the comparison of a party he has never attended? lolol Shooo. You really swayed me there! ;) :rolleyes: ;)

Everyone, go have fun. My opinion of a price on a buffet cruise with a DJ who hasnt impressed me in a solid 2 years, is insignificant to any of you attending. Go nuts. :p
Groundhog Boy
quote:
Well open bar changes everything ;) I was not aware. Now worth the price. $150(??) for food was not, because I wouldnt eat anything anyways.

Why is it that I say "everyone dont go crazy" and yet everyone has to write paragraph-long responses as to why $200 is a good price? Didnt I say that I didnt give a and for everyone to go have a good time? Especially considering one response was using the comparison of a party he has never attended? lolol Shooo. You really swayed me there! ;) :rolleyes: ;)

Everyone, go have fun. My opinion of a price on a buffet cruise with a DJ who hasnt impressed me in a solid 2 years, is insignificant to any of you attending. Go nuts. :p

I hear you on the food. There was a free Sasha boa cruise in 2007 that was invite only for Le Souk's anniversary that was catered by Le Souk and I didn't eat a thing.
coleypalazzo
For those of you who are on the fence bc you don't think the cost is worth it - please read.
Last year I was a bit hesitant to pay for such high priced tickets especially being on a college budget. After debating for days, an invite finally showed up in my email - So i went for it and purchased the ticket immediately. again, still had bad feelings for spending so much.
After seconds I walked onto the boat - that all changed. My first step onto the boat I was handed a glass of champagne. So far so good. I walked around the boat and felt like a baller. For those of you who have been on the lady windridge last year or during WMC - you all can back me up. The boat is sweet! Multiple bars located on each floor. There was never a line to wait in. Again, being myself - If something sounds too good to be true.. it prob. is. I walked up to the bar to order myself a drink - thinking I am going to get a watered down well drink - as we were all promised PREMUIM open bar. well, I was wrong. Premium open bar it was! Friendly bar staff making all sorts of drinks to your request.

The music was great. I don't have a single bad thing to say about the party. Mad Not Mad stands behind invite-only to make sure good people and true fans get an invite. That day alone restored my hope back in NYC. There was no guidos dance fighting each other, no doormen with egos. In an email - we were encouraged to dress as comfortable as you'd like & the girls were encouraged to leave their heels behind being we were on a boat. Finally, a party where I didnt have to worry about if I was going to get into bc of my attire. Just good people and good music - the perfect formula for the perfect party.

After working up an appetite from dancing non stop my crew went up to the dining area to find eats. Which too was delicious.

Views were amazing - passing lady liberty and having the macys fireworks over our heads as sasha, zabiela, and three all closed the night. When the boat docked, they nearly had to drag us off the boat - no one wanted the night to end. We were told the after party was at Le Bain, which is a club known for a ridiculous door. There was a line of non - sasha boaters and as everyone walked up we got to cut the line and go in immediately. I think that is a first for something like this to ever happen at Le Bain. That alone was amazing itself. Afterparty was just as good as the boat - sasha and three both got up on the decks once more.

I could go on forever how this night was one of the best nights in nyc history. & how I would have paid two times that amount after a night like that. Anyhting mad not mad does is pure gold & this year will undoubtedly be better. Hope this helps.
euphoria
quote:
Originally posted by coleypalazzo
For those of you who are on the fence bc you don't think the cost is worth it - please read.
Last year I was a bit hesitant to pay for such high priced tickets especially being on a college budget. After debating for days, an invite finally showed up in my email - So i went for it and purchased the ticket immediately. again, still had bad feelings for spending so much.
After seconds I walked onto the boat - that all changed. My first step onto the boat I was handed a glass of champagne. So far so good. I walked around the boat and felt like a baller. For those of you who have been on the lady windridge last year or during WMC - you all can back me up. The boat is sweet! Multiple bars located on each floor. There was never a line to wait in. Again, being myself - If something sounds too good to be true.. it prob. is. I walked up to the bar to order myself a drink - thinking I am going to get a watered down well drink - as we were all promised PREMUIM open bar. well, I was wrong. Premium open bar it was! Friendly bar staff making all sorts of drinks to your request.

The music was great. I don't have a single bad thing to say about the party. Mad Not Mad stands behind invite-only to make sure good people and true fans get an invite. That day alone restored my hope back in NYC. There was no guidos dance fighting each other, no doormen with egos. In an email - we were encouraged to dress as comfortable as you'd like & the girls were encouraged to leave their heels behind being we were on a boat. Finally, a party where I didnt have to worry about if I was going to get into bc of my attire. Just good people and good music - the perfect formula for the perfect party.

After working up an appetite from dancing non stop my crew went up to the dining area to find eats. Which too was delicious.

Views were amazing - passing lady liberty and having the macys fireworks over our heads as sasha, zabiela, and three all closed the night. When the boat docked, they nearly had to drag us off the boat - no one wanted the night to end. We were told the after party was at Le Bain, which is a club known for a ridiculous door. There was a line of non - sasha boaters and as everyone walked up we got to cut the line and go in immediately. I think that is a first for something like this to ever happen at Le Bain. That alone was amazing itself. Afterparty was just as good as the boat - sasha and three both got up on the decks once more.

I could go on forever how this night was one of the best nights in nyc history. & how I would have paid two times that amount after a night like that. Anyhting mad not mad does is pure gold & this year will undoubtedly be better. Hope this helps.

Is this your own personal statement or are you quoting someone? I was under the impression that you worked for Mad Not Mad? lol
coleypalazzo
quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
Is this your own personal statement or are you quoting someone? I was under the impression that you worked for Mad Not Mad? lol

Nope. 100% My own personal statement. Although I should be a poster child for this event with a ranting review like that right? lol. Was one of the best parties I've ever been to ..in ever. And not very often do I write reviews of parties - but I think credit should be given when deserved. Plus I was in the same position last year as a lot of you seem to be in - deciding if its worth the cost. As I previously mentioned - especially being a poor college student.

euphoria
quote:
Nope. 100% My own personal statement. Although I should be a poster child for this event with a ranting review like that right? lol. Was one of the best parties I've ever been to ..in ever. And not very often do I write reviews of parties - but I think credit should be given when deserved. Plus I was in the same position last year as a lot of you seem to be in - deciding if its worth the cost. As I previously mentioned - especially being a poor college student.

Your profile says otherwise ;)
pyro264jb
quote:

I 100% back up your statement. I give my stamp of approval on all Mad Not Mad events. The boat party last july was one of the best partys I have ever been to production wise. Everything went real smooth, food was awesome, no egos, saw a ton of old friends from back the day, fireworks, line going in went well, alcohol was top notch, no skeezee crack heads

Everyone should go
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Privacy Statement