return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Where has Vision been??
View this Thread in Original format
Trent Steele
I remember vision booking big acts on a monthly basis... Lately it seems that the mid and congress are getting everyone... and we all know both those venues are terrible. What gives????? Is vision under new management or something?
drEamer
they went downhill
PoLskA
i see they still book 1 or 2 somewhat bigger names a month...

they just had Tritonal and have Max Graham at the end of the month...

but nothing like it once was...
seald
there was some management moves at vision, the gal (lynn) who did their booking and brought in a lot of the larger names has left vision. my guess is this has had a lot to do with it.

i for one really miss the days of big trance/prog names coming out every saturday night.
drEamer
quote:
Originally posted by seald
there was some management moves at vision, the gal (lynn) who did their booking and brought in a lot of the larger names has left vision. my guess is this has had a lot to do with it.

i for one really miss the days of big trance/prog names coming out every saturday night.
Insomniac doesnt promote there anymore, i think thats bigger then Lynn not being there....but yea...lynn not being there has something to do with it
seald
So insomniac does not promote at vision anymore. this basically means they will no longer advertise the artists that vision brings in? i do not totally understand that dynamic...
drEamer
quote:
Originally posted by seald
So insomniac does not promote at vision anymore. this basically means they will no longer advertise the artists that vision brings in? i do not totally understand that dynamic...
nope, they are at Enclave now, so u will probably see more trance bookings there
Trent Steele
Ahh so the main promoter left. That makes sense. They had awesome trance nights long before insomniac was involved.... Why the hell would anyone go to enclave that place is a closet! So my guess is that the congress picked her up then bc they are getting ing everything, then the after show is always at the mid.

Welp, time to just accept the fact that I will have to be going to the mid now. FML. I guess im just overly nostalgic of all those Armin and A&B shows that were there and sick of seeing that hole congress get any bookings whatsoever
drEamer
quote:
Originally posted by Trent Steele
Ahh so the main promoter left. That makes sense. They had awesome trance nights long before insomniac was involved.... Why the hell would anyone go to enclave that place is a closet! So my guess is that the congress picked her up then bc they are getting ing everything, then the after show is always at the mid.

Welp, time to just accept the fact that I will have to be going to the mid now. FML. I guess im just overly nostalgic of all those Armin and A&B shows that were there and sick of seeing that hole congress get any bookings whatsoever
pretty sure the owners of the mid have a hand in the congress bookings.....they are all react or exact events or something....
Dj Spiel
Well....that sucks. I know John Z left a while back also. The good old days 5-6 years ago was where it was at baby.

I miss those days. 99.9% of the time people are spinning at COngress and that place is garbage. The sound system always sounds terrible. They need to bring more people to VIsion or HOB

Zo
quote:
Originally posted by drEamer
Insomniac doesnt promote there anymore, i think thats bigger then Lynn not being there....but yea...lynn not being there has something to do with it

omg I din't know this LYnn not there anymore ??? :eek:
waoo is been awhile since I haven't been @ vission is right >>>

and full clubing since Miami WMC !! recuperating still ...:: :eyes:
drEamer
quote:
Originally posted by Zo
omg I din't know this LYnn not there anymore ??? :eek:
waoo is been awhile since I haven't been @ vission is right >>>

and full clubing since Miami WMC !! recuperating still ...:: :eyes:
Lynn hasnt been there since december or so
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement