return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Toronto EDM Event Listings > Past Events

2012.04.07 breakandenter presents: Dave Aju (Circus Company), James Teej & Friends
View this Thread in Original format
trancedj5000

SATURDAY, APRIL 7th, 2012

breakandenter is proud to present a very special performance by two time Mutek performer, the German Record Critic's Prize Nominated,
Nicolas Jaar Remixin', Matthew Herbert commissioned, Picknic Elektronic destroyin' outta sight vocalist, DJ, Performer and super nice guy, all the way, from the San Francisco Bay, down in the USA ...

DAVE AJU (Circus Company, Accidental) San Francisco, USA http://soundcloud.com/piknic-electronik/piknik-aju
James Teej (My Favourite Robot) Toronto, CA http://soundcloud.com/r_co/james-te...netic-discourse
and special guests
Martin Fazekas (breakandenter)
Dick Diamonds (The Deep North, Running Wild, Late & Deep)

@ A Secret Location
10PM -???
$20 w/ RSVP before Midnight at RSVP.BREAKANDENTER.NET

Location will be announced by email to RSVP holders, and on breakandenter and on our Facebook Group and Fan Page

PLEASE NOTE: VENUE CAPACITY IS EXTREMELY LIMITED. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!

ABOUT DAVE AJU

SF Bay Area native Marc Barrite created the DJ/Production alias Dave Aju as a vehicle for his inimitable, fresh, and expressive take on electronic dance music. Though raised on a strict diet of Jazz and Soul music, and several years of paying dues in the South Bay via various B-Boy and Hip-Hop crews, it wasn't until Barrite moved to his now home city of San Francisco that the final ingredients to the Dave Aju recipe were added. Immediately drawn to the open-mindedness of the SF underground scene, he soon found himself on the vanguard of contemporary dance music - happily straying far into left field from the traditional house and electro styles he had been busting moves to in earlier years. After an introduction to new ideas and productionmethods from college courses in Minimalism and 20th-Century composition, paired with exposure to the eccentric work of local techno sound manglers Kit Clayton, Sutekh, Twerk, et al., the character now known as Dave Aju was fully born.

Doing away with half of his record collection that no longer seemed relevant, and likewise with all studio equipment except for two turntables, a microphone, and one sampler, Aju began slowly but surely carving out his own musical niche with unique and adventurous concoctions of outsider art-styled concepts and handmade sonic approaches blended with naturally deep-rooted soul and an undying love for the dance floor.

Working at a quality-over-quantity pace, Aju has earned much respect and kudos from like-minded peers with his original releases and flavorful remixes. The masses have taken notice as well, turning tracks such as "Runout", "Be Like The Sun", "Tapatio", and "Crazy Place" into veritable underground anthems. Even the critics, who gave his mouth-made debut album Open Wide high praise and saw it nominated for multiple awards, have sipped the tequila-spiked Kool-Aid.
The Highroller
Sick booking! If I was here for Easter Weekend, this is the party I'd be going to.
feelgood
Ooh on my birthday! Sounds like a good event to hit
trancedj5000
quote:
Originally posted by feelgood

we love having birthdays! just don;t forget to rsvp to find out where it is!
quote:
Originally posted by feelgood

Aaron, are you still going to this? Thinking I might hit this up
feelgood
Fence sitting right now. I gotta save money. Gonna make a last min decision I think.
CODE
Gonna be a good one.

Everyone should hit this up!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement