return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Lame thread - where can I buy an Atari games console?
View this Thread in Original format
Richard Butler
Is there a modern version?
I want that really old sky diver game to go with it, that no one seems to have played except me. Plus space invaders. The online ones are always e and you cant to do player.

Or can I buy a second hand Atari console and games safely? Where from?

Believe it or not I've never used ebay - is it safe?
Beatflux
You could just download an emulator and roms.
DjWoody
I dunno if you have Swap Meets in London, but here I see them there all the time. Rite Aid Pharmacy also sells a new version of it for cheap with a lot of games built in.
KilldaDJ
there was a commodore remake of the machine...saw that somewhere, that was proper cool.

http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_Home.aspx

USB PORTS it has in USB PORTS
Lolo
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Butler
Is there a modern version?
I want that really old sky diver game to go with it, that no one seems to have played except me. Plus space invaders. The online ones are always e and you cant to do player.

Or can I buy a second hand Atari console and games safely? Where from?

Believe it or not I've never used ebay - is it safe?

oh nope, you weren't the only one. I was rofl every time I crushed the poor sprite straight on the ground. One of the best gaming moments in my life, I was like... eeeerm 6?7?

I have one but unfortunately I don't sell it. What you might look for is the atari flashback on ebay, but it's hard to find. Skydiver is built-in as well as tons of great moments.

What I'm looking for is the best games on that 2600: River Raid and Decathlon. Ahhhh. Amazing times.

Check this link here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Flashback

Flashback 1 works here. I have a pal bg version.
Trancelover03591
I know this doesn't answer your question but we had an Atari 2600 (I wouldn't know it by name but looked it up) in a back closet in my house when I was a kid, maybe even around year 2000. Its really weird though because that was the only game system we ever had and probably got rid of it sometime when I still would have enjoyed playing it. No idea why my parents had one as they were very anti-game system.
stewart.m
http://www.cashconverters.co.uk/ there is bound to be one were you live they sell all kinds of old consoles in them
Looney4Clooney
really?

words cannot describe how lame you are.
stewart.m
quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
really?

eh was this ment for me loony ?
Looney4Clooney
all of youz

DJ RANN
It may be lame now, but the only computer I've ever regretted getting rid of was my Atari 400.

It took just half an hour to load a tape game and the 8 bit graphics were so damn impressive.

I miss that thing.
Kysora
quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
really?

yeah, well, you said you've been caught playing with your joystick by most of your family members, that seems pretty lame too. maybe if you played more video games your reaction time would've been quick enough to avoid that.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement