return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2012 / Miami Music Week 2012

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 
Swedish House Mafia - "Masquerade Motel" Friday March 23rd - WMC 2012
View this Thread in Original format
Kam
as posted on their facebook page, looks like the Swedes are gonna throw their own party again and not be a part of Ultra.

I really hope they choose a larger venue to avoid the HORRIBLE capacity/ticket issues that caused so many problems with last year's party.

Considering how successful their New York show was, i wouldn't be surprised if it was held at Sun Life Stadium.
Dream Beamz
So tickets for this were supposed to go on sale yesterday to the facebook fans but a day after the venue was announced (Haulover park in Miami Beach at the 10000 block of collins) the wantickets page was pulled

I am willing to bet as soon as the venue was found out, Miami shut that down

quote:
Due to circumstances beyond our control, our ticket on-sale date has been pushed back. Stay tuned for further announcements. www.MasqueradeMotel.com - (SHM HQ)

http://www.wantickets.com/Venues/5743/HAULOVER-PARK/

quote:
Haulover Beach Park contains one of south Florida's most beautiful beaches--a mile and a half stretch that draws people from all walks of life, from other states, Canada and a variety of other countries. Nestled between the Intercoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean, it has pristine white sand shores, open ocean surf, various shaded picnic facilities, beautifully landscaped sand dunes, and concession stands. The beach is ideal for surfing as well as swimming. The entire beach is guarded by well trained lifeguards, who will inform beach patrons of existing weather and surf conditions. Across the street from the beach, Haulover Park has a full-service marina, tennis courts, sundries shop and kite shops.

Pantone199c
Not like I was going, but any ideas as where they are trying to set it up now? I guess you can't blame the city after what happened last year. Unless this is something that was manipulated by Ultra...
Dream Beamz
quote:
Originally posted by Pantone199c
Not like I was going, but any ideas as where they are trying to set it up now? I guess you can't blame the city after what happened last year. Unless this is something that was manipulated by Ultra...

I actually thought they would try AA arena until Tuesday when I saw the venue. No idea where they are going to put it now or even if they lost the venue. Its all speculation.

Ultra could have knocked on the door of a city official to let them know, or the city could have found out all on their own. Who knows?
drEamer
isnt that also a nude beach area?
diabloargentino
i don't get it - if they were planning on throwing it at haulover, would they not have had to get permission first?

it's not like they're just going to show up with a crew and build a huge tent out of nowhere. sorry guys, just not following the logic there.

also - i thought AA too. they're facebook said at one point that 25,000 tickets were going on sale. also, there were 2 wanttickets pages yesterday - one for friday and one for saturday. not confirmed by shm (neither was haulover) though.. just speculation.

i actually emailed amy thomson (ATM artists, shm manager) because she's actually real cool and always e-mails back. she told me she actually left SHM to manage only axwell/miike snow. she stopped after SHM and has no say or idea what's up with the current campaign.
Dream Beamz
quote:
Originally posted by drEamer
isnt that also a nude beach area?

lol, that would be a sight to see. It would be like going to a John B party 10 years ago

quote:
Originally posted by diabloargentino
i don't get it - if they were planning on throwing it at haulover, would they not have had to get permission first?

it's not like they're just going to show up with a crew and build a huge tent out of nowhere. sorry guys, just not following the logic there.

also - i thought AA too. they're facebook said at one point that 25,000 tickets were going on sale. also, there were 2 wanttickets pages yesterday - one for friday and one for saturday. not confirmed by shm (neither was haulover) though.. just speculation.

i actually emailed amy thomson (ATM artists, shm manager) because she's actually real cool and always e-mails back. she told me she actually left SHM to manage only axwell/miike snow. she stopped after SHM and has no say or idea what's up with the current campaign.

I am sure they HAD permission, it can be taken away too. Funkshion, who was the fashion show at SHM last year has a lot of pull with the city of Miami. I had never seen such a smart move before in my life. Of course they could not pull the same stunt twice, especially after they oversold tickets.
Donnie Gryphon
They went forward with that event without getting the permits. As of now doesn't look like they will get the permits for it.
Pantone199c
quote:
Originally posted by Dream Beamz
Ultra could have knocked on the door of a city official to let them know, or the city could have found out all on their own. Who knows?

Funny I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to get labeled a conspiracy theorist. Looks like I'm not the only one. /tinfoil
drEamer
oh, so i guess there is a nude side and a not nude side

Dream Beamz
quote:
Originally posted by drEamer
oh, so i guess there is a nude side and a not nude side

damned, it would have made a crazy atmosphere. not like its going to happen there anymore anyways............ I mean its not like its something we have never seen before. i just think the crowd would have been more crazy with that added touch
Pantone199c
quote:
Originally posted by Dream Beamz
damned, it would have made a crazy atmosphere. not like its going to happen there anymore anyways............ I mean its not like its something we have never seen before. i just think the crowd would have been more crazy with that added touch

I can imagine this event (if nude was allowed) would be a creepers delight. Seeing as how creepy some out of towners and locals get during WMC. It'd probably turn out really bad.

Not saying I wouldn't have loved this happening just for the lolz.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 
Privacy Statement