return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast / Las Vegas EDM Event Listings > Past Events

Pages: 1 [2] 3 
2011.08.04 [LA] AFROJACK at The Music Box Hollywood (pg. 2)
View this Thread in Original format
tygamilk
Why does he look mexican when he's dutch?
72hrpartyanimal
well... he's probably black or of some type of mixed race. Look at Chuckie... he don't look like Armin at all :) Laidback Luke is Filipino.

Maybe the Netherlands is the new melting pot of our generation.

edit*

that's too bad that they got shut down. ing cops man. although I'm not an Afrojack fan, it spoils it for the people that took the time and money to go see him.
DjWoody
Why did it get shut down?
jonmitz
i hope he throws a free block party outside LAPD HQ
72hrpartyanimal
i think the city is upset with Insomniac and is doing anything they can to em over.
DjWoody
quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
i think the city is upset with Insomniac and is doing anything they can to em over.

So you're saying the city is not getting kick downs?

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
howyoodoinn
quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal

was it a huge cluster? last 2 times I went to Music Box that was out of control. Line took 3 hours to get into Benassi last year.
mar46017
quote:
Originally posted by DjWoody
Why did it get shut down?

Too many people. They tried to get people to go upstairs by offering open bar, but still people didn't go upstairs.

F'ed up thing is that people paid $50-$60 cover at Music Box, then they were asked to pay another $50.00 at Playhouse. Didn't even look safe to TRY to get into Playhouse after.
DjWoody
quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
Too many people. They tried to get people to go upstairs by offering open bar, but still people didn't go upstairs.

F'ed up thing is that people paid $50-$60 cover at Music Box, then they were asked to pay another $50.00 at Playhouse. Didn't even look safe to TRY to get into Playhouse after.

Why are they overselling in the first place?

:rolleyes:
SillySilvia
quote:
Originally posted by mar46017

a friend of my hubby said he paid 80 to get in. he was in the crowd, got a few shoves and pushes and an elbow to the face.

Cool1g
according to Afrojack, they were under the stated occupancy by 200 people.... i think that even if the overall occupancy is okay, if too many people are crammed in a certain area the fire marshall can still shut down the event...

and yep the door price was $80 per one of the djs spinning there...

supposedly refunds are forthcoming...
SillySilvia
quote:
Originally posted by Cool1g
according to Afrojack, they were under the stated occupancy by 200 people.... i think that even if the overall occupancy is okay, if too many people are crammed in a certain area the fire marshall can still shut down the event...

so will they do what Avalon does with the main floor? once over the limit send em upstairs?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Privacy Statement