return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
So, how long did it take you to get a first release?
View this Thread in Original format
Vernon Wanderer
Just curious.

Months? One year? Five? I am far from getting a release, I wouldn't release my stuff. But I'm not in a hurry. :o
Storyteller
10yrs. But then again it wasn't easy in '95 without vsts and working purely sample based. Even when they passed the 1Ghz barrier I was still on my 75Mhz pc.
-FSP-
Two years for me. Never had a release 3 years after, I just started to get things rolling again recently. When I was a young 18 year old, music was pretty much what I was doing, I'd go long sessions every other day. It's a lot of hard work to get there, just keep at it :D !
nortek
1 year
Mr.Mystery
Back in my day it wasn't easy and now I just can't be bothered.
johncannons1
i started playing around with reason at the end of 07' end of 08' i started trying hard to learn about logic. started making trance etc.
got my first track signed and released mid Jan 2010'
second track july 2010
waiting on my 3rd ;)
derail
How do you define "release"? A digital label? A self-release? A song which ended up on all the top international compilation CDs?

There is a very tenuous connection between something being released and something sounding in any way good.

It'd be good for you to define your question a bit better - if within a couple of months I'd made an absolutely rubbish sounding song and had it released on a tiny internet label and had zero sales, would that count?
mathieu
quote:
Originally posted by derail
How do you define "release"? A digital label? A self-release? A song which ended up on all the top international compilation CDs?

There is a very tenuous connection between something being released and something sounding in any way good.

It'd be good for you to define your question a bit better - if within a couple of months I'd made an absolutely rubbish sounding song and had it released on a tiny internet label and had zero sales, would that count?

He's probably talking about a release on a label.

OP: Been producing since march 08, haven't released anything yet. I'm not in a rush. Seems that nowadays people are in such a rush to release their ty music.
Rodri Santos
i have 4 tracks with a pre-contract some changes needed for the release and mastering but nothing signed yet i started 1 year ago... one of the tracks is possibly a hit (at a certain level, i expect just some play but well known djs but no pros) , i'm not concerned yet of this issue of having a lot of tracks unsigned, some of them have quality others not...

One day instead of producing i'll spend my music day sending demos to labels but of course this is not as entertaining :p
LoveHate
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Back in my day it wasn't easy and now I just can't be bothered.

agree with the first part, but why not, yeah everything and anything gets released nowadays, but that shouldnt stop you.

real still recognizes real.

LoveHate
as for me i have been messing around with beats ever since i was 12 or 13, but started to take it serious when i turned 18, i guess becoming disciplined just came with age for me, i have been told a few of my tracks can be released, but im just like whats the point?
i dont want to release anything until their good enough to be on my favourite labels.
Vernon Wanderer
quote:
Originally posted by derail

I was talking about a release via some proper label, digital or physical doesn't matter, the question is how long did it take you to release a mention worthy track.

I just want to get a better idea on how others are doing. :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement