return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Tehlord (pg. 3)
View this Thread in Original format
Mad for Brad
I wasn't in on it but I found a way to make it funny.
tehlord
quote:
Originally posted by DigiNut
And if you'd posted that, I wouldn't have locked it. Not a fan of these "hey, guess what my thread is about!" threads. They always seem funny to the people who are in the joke but they're just noise to everybody else.



That's not what it was at all.


Your prerogative admin.
DJ RANN
quote:
Originally posted by DigiNut
And if you'd posted that, I wouldn't have locked it. Not a fan of these "hey, guess what my thread is about!" threads. They always seem funny to the people who are in the joke but they're just noise to everybody else.


It was a sort of inside joke but a pretty public one as nearly every thread recently that has discussed monitors has had some sort of discussion about HS80 vs KRK's and most of those posts have come from me and Tehlord.

The problem was, if I had seen it in time (before it was closed) there would have been real discussion about the actual topic.

Back OT - that's kind of what i was talking about with the KRK's - it's not that they badly distort or have massive scoop(s) at places in the spectrum - it's more like a overall lack of detail - a harsh analogy would be like putting a plastic bag over your monitors and listening through that.

getting the HS80's is like taking that plastic bag off (not to mention, far better bass response and a flatter overall response.
19503
maybe i should consider the hs80 myself. my monitor hunt is getting annoying.
orTof°nChiLd
quote:
Originally posted by 19503
maybe i should consider the hs80 myself. my monitor hunt is getting annoying.


get some passive silver tannoys

19503
quote:
Originally posted by orTof°nChiLd
get some passive silver tannoys


jesus those came in passive??? omg. ive been looking at conventional tannoys for some weeks now. i gotta listen to these.
DJ RANN
quote:
Originally posted by orTof´┐ŻnChiLd
get some passive silver tannoys



They are nice but do slightly lack in the real lower end / true sub range. They're fantastic for music better suited to radio which are heavy in vocals and real instruments but I find something lacking with the Tannoy Precisions for EDM because of the lack of deep low end.

Palm - you should consider the HS80's ( it's like I have shares in yamaha or something) - I personlly don't really understand the mid price range monitor market anymore.

By that I mean I just don't really get why people don't go one way or the other - either go cheap and get the LSR2325p's or HS80s or go the whole hog and get focals or if you're really loaded the barefoots. That middle ground just doesn't seem to make sense to me anymore when the cheap ones are so good value and the expensive ones are really not *that* much more than the mid range priced monitors but are simply in a different league.
19503
the really deep end doesnt bother me too much as long as it can handle it without starting to distort. i like them to go deep but it doesnt have to be flat down there. a slow rolloff from 80Hz and down is more than enough i think. i will consider the HS80 but im afraid the upper mid aint good enough. i might just save longer and get some serious but i dont really know which ones to save for. the focal twins are too big. the solos are probably too weak. jbl lsr6328 are probably too big again (they are monsters). event opal might be a solution. atleast ive started looking at 8" woofers now as i like some power handling.
tehlord
quote:
Originally posted by 19503
i will consider the HS80 but im afraid the upper mid aint good enough.



I would imagine it'd be more than ok!

ZOOM function :D
DJ RANN
quote:
Originally posted by 19503
the really deep end doesnt bother me too much as long as it can handle it without starting to distort. i like them to go deep but it doesnt have to be flat down there. a slow rolloff from 80Hz and down is more than enough i think. i will consider the HS80 but im afraid the upper mid aint good enough. i might just save longer and get some serious but i dont really know which ones to save for. the focal twins are too big. the solos are probably too weak. jbl lsr6328 are probably too big again (they are monsters). event opal might be a solution. atleast ive started looking at 8" woofers now as i like some power handling.


Go for the hs80's until you grow the testicles needed to handle the raw powah that is the focal twins.

Seriously, the mid and highs are great on the hs80's - the 6328's are indeed monsters, and they should be for $2500!


The solos are not going to be really much help with EDM becuase they do lack the lower end (although the mids and highs are stunning).

But at that money you'd just be nuts to go for anything other than the focal twins - I'm not overstating it, they are honestly become the stuff of legend. Everyone who was skeptical started to think the hype would die down but they are just becoming the studio benchmark by which all others are measured.

You can spend $600 on HS80's and have really good monitors or spend $3000 and have the best. The middle ground is IMO, not worth it as your spending a lot more money for only a small increase so either save the money and get the excellent hs80's or pony up and get the focals.

Mad for Brad
if only they weren't so damn ugly. What an eye sore.
DJ RANN
quote:
Originally posted by Mad for Brad
if only they weren't so damn ugly. What an eye sore.


Just close your eyes and think of Britain....
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Privacy Statement