return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia

Sensation NYE no more
View this Thread in Original format
Trance Nutter
quote:
After bringing in 2009 and 2010 at Melbourne’s Etihad Stadium, it has been revealed that Sensation will not be returning for a third New Years Eve. Rumours have been circulating recently about the possible cancellation, which was confirmed by a report in the Sunday Herald Sun today.

The spectacular production and theming made the event’s Australian debut a much-talked-about success, but the high expenses and overcrowded festival landscape has hindered its return. Etihad Stadium spokesperson Bill Lane broke the bad news to the Herald Sun. “We think it has been a worthwhile and very entertaining event for Melbourne,” he said. “There were significant costs in bringing the show from Europe and this was what we had to weigh up.”

Lane also added that there was nothing currently booked for the venue for this New Years Eve.

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/aus...s_New_Years_Eve

bugger.
Aesthetic
That's the sound of nobody giving a .

It's just you and me boss.
FusionWithSound
man don't be a hater to the music, from what i heard that place went off the hock on the turn over to the new year. If you don't like going to raves then sit in your box and listen to scooter while others have fun in white :P

edit in: PS3..... Fail hahahahahahaha
dnbdan
this sucks in a way. australia missing out on big international shows like this, but when you bring the acts and play the tunes they played, wtf do they expect? i went to the first one, loved the atmosphere, but the music was below average for acts like fredde and . s us aussies up tho. now sensation and trance energy wont be coming back. real shame cos TE was the second best night of my life (armin only in melbourne the first).

oh well, life goes on. looks like im heading overseas this new years!
Aesthetic
You ing dipstick, I meant nobody's on TA anymore.

Jesus christ you're a failed abortion.

quote:
Originally posted by FusionWithSound
man don't be a hater to the music, from what i heard that place went off the hock on the turn over to the new year. If you don't like going to raves then sit in your box and listen to scooter while others have fun in white :P

edit in: PS3..... Fail hahahahahahaha
pavithra
Missing no more. Melbourne's Telstra Dome is to host the Southern Hemisphere's first Sensation event on December 31, 2008. Telstra Dome, the biggest covered venue in the Southern Hemisphere, will play host to a glamorous, atmospheric and evocative evening of music, dance, theatre and glamour to rival the world's biggest and best New Year's Eve events.
=======================
Link Building| Link Building Services
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement