return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Sports Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Olympics anyone?
View this Thread in Original format
DesMc8
Has anyone been following the Olympics?

I usually miss the Winter games...just because I don't watch a lot of TV. But I've been watching all the hockey games and caught some of the skeleton rounds last night.

The people that do skeleton and luge are absolutely insane. But I can only imagine what the adrenalin rush is like.

Also saw the shoot out between Canada and Switzerland. I'm actually pretty impressed that Marty Brodeur still has it.
thedevastation
the hockey games have been nothing short of spectacular along with the speed skating and snowboarding.
Uncle ED
Hells Yea, I leave work Early to watch Hockey. The Canada game last night was insane!...USA Vs. Canada on Sunday.
I must say, the snowboard girls are for the most part very hot looking! Love the Winter Games
osterzone
The hockey games to me have been a little bit of a letdown for a couple reasons:

1) No commercial breaks or long stoppages, so the games are over in about an hour and 45 minutes.

2) Lopsided blowouts

3) Ugly jerseys with hard to read player names.
xpand3r
I've been watching at the gym almost everyday and can't say I have been following it though. But watching curling few days ago was interesting ;)
element-y
I for one love the hockey games because there are no commercials. Its an actual game and not one for sponsors and ads.

I think the games will get better. Switzerland Canada was interesting but Bull how they picked Crosby to go again. The rules allow that there and i think its unfair the coach went with that. Take the loss in the preliminaries and be fair to the older players rather than go with crosby again.
DJ Eco
I'm a winter Olympics fanatic, ever since I was a kid... I've probably seen every event there is to see, even curling, ice dancing, EVERYTHING haha.. I haven't seen ALL the hockey games but definitely meant to catch the interesting ones...

Team Canada and Russia are in trouble... The immense amount of pressure put onto them by the media, and they're cracking already... USA/Canada is going to be VERY interesting, one for the books... The Miller/Brodeur matchup is going to be immense, that'll decide the game pretty much.
verndogs
NBC's coverage is, as usual, awful
She_Fitz
quote:
Originally posted by verndogs
NBC's coverage is, as usual, awful

Speaking as an outsider I actually didn't think they did a bad job.

I have been enjoying the Olympics a lot this year.

There is a lot of pressure on the Canadian hockey team to win gold. I think it would be more than awesome for them to do it on home soil.
verndogs
quote:
Originally posted by She_Fitz
Speaking as an outsider I actually didn't think they did a bad job.

They're TERRIBLE. To say they're is putting it kindly. A lot of the marquee events that happened during the day are only shown tape delayed on their prime time program. No real option to watch it live. If one lives on the west coast (same time zone as Vancouver), guess what? You're not seeing much of the events live!

I'm really hoping either ESPN or Fox wins the 2014 or the 2016 rights so we can finally have proper coverage for once.

A few links if you want to read more about the travesty known as NBC's coverage of the Olympic Games:

http://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.c...s-dont-tell-me/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/ric...r-olympics-vonn

osterzone
Huge game tonight between USA and Canada. Even though it's still the preliminary group round in ice hockey, this game will be a good measuring stick to see how team USA plays against the big boys in the Olympics. They haven't played a tough team yet.
DJ_Rafnel
quote:
Originally posted by osterzone
Huge game tonight between USA and Canada. Even though it's still the preliminary group round in ice hockey, this game will be a good measuring stick to see how team USA plays against the big boys in the Olympics. They haven't played a tough team yet.

I can not wait for this, gettin ready to set back and watch this now!

As Eco said, the Miller vs Marty match is gonna play out interesting.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement