return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Sports Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Official 2009-2010 NBA Season Thread
View this Thread in Original format
Renzo
And so it begins tonight.

1) I predict a Celts-Lakers finals.
2) Blake Griffin is already hurt.
3) Big Baby is busy fighting his boys.
jupiterone
the lakers are going to be ing dirty this season
Lebezniatnikov
Wizards looked gooooood last night. Hibachi!
LeopoldStotch
one team i feel are my dark horses to sneak into top 10 nba material are the memphis grizzlies. their starting 5 isn't that bad (conley,mayo,gay,zebo randolph,gasol), and their bench isn't that bad either (a.i.,jaric,hunter,thabeet,sam young,darrell arthur). if they can stay healthy, watch out for these guys.
Burn Notice
Grizzles as a sleeper team?!? :stongue:

They are gonna struggle with who will have the ball in their hands all the time. A.I., Mayo, Randolph, Gay, doomed for failure.

Magic or Celtics out of the East. Cavs have no chance with how deep both teams are. But I see Magic coming out of the East again. They are extremely deep and very big. They can light it up from down town or post up every player. Their defense will be even better then last years. I just don't see Boston's bench doing much. Baby is out so that just leaves Wallace and Daniels. Nelson will outplay Rondo.

Early predictions for both conferences:

West:
1st-2nd. Spurs/Lakers (I cannot make a choice between them)
3. Portland
4. Denver
5. Dallas
6. Utah
7. New Orleans
8. Phoenix

East:
1. Boston
2. Orlando
3. Cleavland
4. Chicago
5. Washington
6. Atlanta
7. Miami
8. Toronto
Trancealot
-Cleav is 0-2. Time to sound the alarm!!! It is going to be a long season and where ever sahq goes it will be a costly one. If not Championship this season then bye bye sahq and possibly lebron.

-Blake is hurt. Reminds me of Greg Oden Ughhhh

-Orlando has a team and bench deeper than the grand canyon! Can anyone say gortat!:) and they're not even with lewis yet!

-can't wait to see iverson suck

-Wizards might actual care about playing basketball finally with that win in Dallas. Reminds me of the bengals. Took them a few seasons to realize that playing hard and together will actual make you winners. Plus they have a decent coach now.

-watchout for these teams. Toronto(got Turkolo), Spurs(Oldies but still are a wall to get thru), Miami(Last season was practice)

-Last but not least the knicks. As usual make the playoffs and maybe I will care.
bananas
Brandon Jennings goes for 55, I love the youngster, not only the scoring but the guy can pass, defend and he even rebounds pretty well for a guard
Lebezniatnikov
Yeah, that game was sick. Will likely see a few more HS prospects head to Europe instead of college now.
LeopoldStotch
the way how the NCAA is corrupt, i wouldn't be surprised if hs players go to europe for a couple of years before going to the nba.

brandon jennings just paid his vendetta on golden st for passing on him for stephon curry. :stongue: look out new york. jennings is coming after you next.
Lebezniatnikov
So I went to see LeBron play tonight, and it was the first time I saw him. And I dunno. He's a great athlete, and his jump shot is much improved, but I'm still not terribly impressed. I mean, great players make everyone around them better, and I saw a whole lot of standing around watching LeBron run an isolation offense. Not very productive, and resulted in a lot of off-balance long jump shots late in the shot clock. Yeah some of them went down, but not a good offensive set.

Wizards far outplayed them in every facet of the game - better passing, crashed the boards, played defense.

Good to see Jamison put up 31 in his first game back, and Gilbert had 18 points 8 rebounds and 7 assists through three quarters as well. The triple threat of Arenas-Butler-Jamison is finallllllllllly on the court at the same time and it's dangerous.

But yeah, I'd rate the Cavs as very flawed. Definitely not as good as last year, and probably not a top 4 team in the East.

LeopoldStotch
quote:
Originally posted by Lebezniatnikov
So I went to see LeBron play tonight, and it was the first time I saw him. And I dunno. He's a great athlete, and his jump shot is much improved, but I'm still not terribly impressed. I mean, great players make everyone around them better, and I saw a whole lot of standing around watching LeBron run an isolation offense. Not very productive, and resulted in a lot of off-balance long jump shots late in the shot clock. Yeah some of them went down, but not a good offensive set.

Wizards far outplayed them in every facet of the game - better passing, crashed the boards, played defense.

Good to see Jamison put up 31 in his first game back, and Gilbert had 18 points 8 rebounds and 7 assists through three quarters as well. The triple threat of Arenas-Butler-Jamison is finallllllllllly on the court at the same time and it's dangerous.

But yeah, I'd rate the Cavs as very flawed. Definitely not as good as last year, and probably not a top 4 team in the East.

i saw bron @ orlando last year, and i felt the same way. when you want someone to finish a fast break, bron's your man. however, when you put him in a set half-court offense, and tell him to run the team (which he is supposed to do), i am questionable if he can do the job right. i do say they are top 4 in the east for now, grouped with boston, orlando, and atlanta, but there are a good number of middle dwellers out there like miami, milwaukee, chicago, indiana, and toronto who are ready to make the next step forward, and fill those final playoff spots.

not saying cleveland is worse than those teams, but they better watch their backs.
Trancealot
Knicks did not pick up Iverson. A smart move for once.

Watch out for Atlanta!!:p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Privacy Statement