return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
I'm In LOVE With A Predator!
View this Thread in Original format
DjWoody
lol I been trying out synth demos all night and wow! The one that made my heart skip a beat has to be the PREDATOR!!! This synth is awesome! I only been messing around with the presets and WOW! It's all techno heaven! I'm buying it tomorrow!

:toothless :toothless :toothless
Kismet7
Yah, its good, Reminds me of Albino 3.

If your buying it tommorow, might be good to shop for some hardware synths in the $300-$400 range used. Like the DSI Evolver tabletop version or DSI Mopho, if you have a midi keyboard. I love Linplug stuff, but often find the sounds don't cut through the mix well, even after quite a bit of EQ and compression tweaking. The sounds get lost if it is a busy project, but when you've made a great sound, it is really good, and room should be made for it. Other than that, go for it, thumbs up.
DjWoody
Yea, I think what I really liked about it was that it has a lot of the old school rave/techno sounds from the early 90's. I LOVE THAT ! That was when I was growing up.

I'm not even done listening to all the presets on it, and I already heard a bunch of sounds that I heard on many songs. There's a lot of presets that have that old Mauro Picotto sound to them.

I don't think my girlfriend is happy with me! lol The whole time we were on the phone I wasn't even talking to her, I was just playing with the sounds! lol She kept saying she hears my NOISE! lol
EgosXII
predator is awesome, good as for the old-skool sounds for sure :)
nice for bassic basssss
Fledz
Rob Papen generally makes gold. I'm not the biggest fan of Predator but Albino 3 and Blue are pure awesomeness.
cryophonik
quote:
Originally posted by Fledz
Rob Papen generally makes gold. I'm not the biggest fan of Predator but Albino 3 and Blue are pure awesomeness.

Those are my thoughts exactly. Blue is one of my all-time favorite synths, hardware or software.
Zild
I love Blue and Albino!
owien
yeah i love rob papen synths all most as much as sylenth:D :D
Shad0wmaster
I love, love, LOVE my Predator. Within 20 minutes of having tried the demo, I uninstalled Reason and Massive, then went straight online and bought a copy. So easy to use, the presets are great, and it sounds awesome in a mix...
cryophonik
quote:
Originally posted by Shad0wmaster
Within 20 minutes of having tried the demo, I uninstalled Reason and Massive,...

Why? Predator is nice, but it doesn't make Reason or Massive obsolete and those two have far more capabilities than Predator.

Shad0wmaster
quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
Why? Predator is nice, but it doesn't make Reason or Massive obsolete and those two have far more capabilities than Predator.

For me, the critical difference between Reason and Predator was the learning curve. Reason is far more complex than Predator, and is a full DAW - yet I was only using it for rewiring Thor and Subtractor into Ableton. Predator's a VST, so there's a convenience factor, and I just instantly figured it out. There was no learning curve. And of course, the presets were better than Reason's. Really, though, it was Predator's intuitiveness that convinced me to buy it.

As for Massive, I had never gotten around to using it by that point, and I figured Predator will keep me busy for a very long time before I need to look into something like Massive :)
Stephen Wiley
I bet you'd like firebird from Tone2
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement