return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Cubase midi effect question!
View this Thread in Original format
gr8ape
How can I use the arpegiator with midi thru

meaning, how do you press a key on your keyboard and instantly hear the arpegiator instead of having to write the midi track
Subtle
This works instantly to me.
Theran
quote:
Originally posted by gr8ape
How can I use the arpegiator with midi thru

meaning, how do you press a key on your keyboard and instantly hear the arpegiator instead of having to write the midi track

Midi thru has nothing to do with it. But I don't know if that's possible. There is a arpegiator plugin (midi effect) that you can set on the midi channel you want, but I think it plays the arp pattern after you recorded some midi notes.

The problem is, you have to put the arpegiator plugin between your midi keyboard and synth (in sequence), as fas as I know, this isn't possible in Cubase (you can try it though, I never used it, it is possible with Ableton though). Maybe you can browse Cubase.net, they will possible have the correct answer.

But why would you want that, almost every synth has some kind of arpegiator on board.
gr8ape
oh just for lulz and the step sequencer probably works the same
but whatever

my keyboard i usb

so it probably goes

keyboard->computer->soundcard->synth->soundcard->cubase
Subtle
Calling earth! Calling earth!

If I add the Arpache to the MIDI channel and press my keyboard the connected synth gets arpeggiated.

It works, you must have something set up incorrectly.
gr8ape
quote:
Originally posted by Subtle
Calling earth! Calling earth!

If I add the Arpache to the MIDI channel and press my keyboard the connected synth gets arpeggiated.

It works, you must have something set up incorrectly.

vst or external synth?
Subtle
quote:
Originally posted by gr8ape
vst or external synth?
both works just fine.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement