return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
New Senny HD 25 phones - are they fakes? (pics in thread)
View this Thread in Original format
Rikki
Hey everyone,

Just got delivery of my new HD 25 phones and they sound ok but they look different from pretty much all the photos I've seen online.

From the Senny site (and going by what my friends have) this is what they should look like:

http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home...2188?Open&row=z

But mine look like this:

The only photo of a similar type Ive found online is this one :

http://www.zikinf.com/_gfx/matos/dy.../hd-25-1-ii.jpg

Ive been stung before with fake Sony ear phones so wanted to check right away with you guys in case you knew for definate one way or the other what the deal is with these ones. If they are a new version or if they are copies.

Thanks,

Rik
stan229
did you pay a super cheap price for them or buy from an unauthoried place?
Rikki
Nope, got them from a seller on ebay that I checked the feedback on via Goofbay.com and all seemed well.

Just spotted that Juno and HTFR both have photos of the version I've got now.

Did Senny change the look of them recently?

R
n3lly
Could be the mark II, i see they've gotten rid of the Made in Ireland stap at the top of the head band as well :(
Rikki
That was one of the things that made me wonder, coz all my mates who have them say made in ireland on the top and have the wee senny logo on the driver units.
Wayne_B
Maybe Sennheiser have factories elsewhere now. Love these headphones though I must say,nice and light:)
kadomony
quote:
Originally posted by n3lly
Could be the mark II, i see they've gotten rid of the Made in Ireland stap at the top of the head band as well :(

they are

the little id square says HD 25-1 II
orTofønChiLd
Contact sennheiser and ask them

Edit: didn't see the post above
n3lly
With the way our economy has gone (ireland) i wouldn't be surprised if they're manufactured else where now.

Pity i always liked the fact that they came from ireland, not that it has any importance what so ever :D
DjWoody
I happen to have mine with me. Mine are the MKII and they do say MADE IN IRELAND on the headband.

spike_boy69
My MK1's have Made In Ireland on the headband too
TranceOwnsLol
I have the mk2s as well but I have the 600 ohm version. :) Which means that when I crank the volume up it never distorts the sound.

Mine says made in ireland as well in the headband and in one earcup it says

HD 25-13 II
600 Ω
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement