return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Movement: Detroit Electronic Music Festival 2009

DEMF GOOD EATS! yum!
View this Thread in Original format
digitalvixen
http://whattimeisyourflight.blogspo...-good-eats.html

let me know if i missed any?! <3
beema
I haven't been, but I've been told Pizza Papalis, Mudgies (sandwiches), and Slow's BBQ are are all great for quick bites (source: Derek Plaslaiko).

I would take Tom's Oysterbar off as Adultnapper got food poisoning there last year :haha:

Jacoby's is great for sure! I will be making a return there Friday or Saturday night before going out. Authentic German food and a decent selection of German beers. They also offer a "Das Boot" which is a huge boot-shaped glass of beer. Unfortunately, it's filled with Bud Light and not an actual German beer, which is confusing at best.

Roast appears to be one of the only good upscale restaurants in downtown Detroit. Looks like a good spot to check out, but might be kinda difficult going to a place like that in party mode.
Plaslaiko sayz: "[Roast is] the best restaurant in Detroit right now. Steaks, mostly. VERY heavy! Not your 'I'm gonna grab some dinner and go dancing afterwards' type fare..."
lücid
i recommend the falafel at the festival.
dubblies
quote:
Originally posted by lücid

The one year Byblos had a food stand, I tried a chicken schwarma. Big fan of those, not a fan of anything else at the festival.
techhouse_junky
Pizza Papalis is a yearly tradition, their thin crust is great...although they're known for deep dish. Also, check out Mexicantown, there are a bunch of mex and tex-mex restaurants you can try there.
dubblies
If you do go to Mexicantown, I went to this place, Xochimilco, two years ago and it was unbelievably good! Steak tacos!

Xochimilco
beema
quote:
Originally posted by dubblies
The one year Byblos had a food stand, I tried a chicken schwarma. Big fan of those, not a fan of anything else at the festival.

Not even the fresh fruit?
that was great last year

Where the heck is mexicantown?
dubblies
Mexicantown is west of the central downtown area a bit, a little past the old Central Station area. Well worth the five minute cab ride for those of you with free time or an empty stomach. For something a bit quicker, Greektown has a diverse collection of cheap quick eats and tasty sit-down restaurants. Also, if you want to get nostalgic, try and find the National & American Coney Islands and grab a hot dog; those are open 24 hours I believe.
lücid

seemed appropriate. :gsmile:
MeLLyMeL
quote:
Originally posted by lücid
took the words out of my mouth!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement