return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - Holland

Amsterdam Dance Event - Oct. 21-24
View this Thread in Original format
Rennie97
Hello, I am planning on visiting Amsterdam for ADE in October. I've been to Amsterdam before and love the city. I haven't heard much about ADE in the states. What should I expect? I already know that there are networking/conference meetings during the day and club events at night.

Which DJ's/Producers typically play at the clubs? What are the crowds like? Should I get a hotel room reserved now to be safe? etc, etc.

Thanks!
eieregooie
Paul Van Dyk seems to return to Escape Venue for ADE every year. Other than that I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Unique2701
Apart from the conference, you can expect tons of parties for 5 nights (Wednesday - Sunday), covering the most popular EDM genres - trance, techno, house, electro/minimal.

There are Armada/Intuition/Cocoon events among others. Club Panama always books some nice house DJs. What the crowd is like depends on the kind of party you're going to I guess, but there will also be lots of tourists in town that especially come for the ADE.
Sand Leaper
Been to ADE two years in a row (2004 and 2005). You're really gonna have trouble deciding where to go (unless you're extremely picky), as ADE covers pretty much all (and I mean ALL) bases as far as dance music is concerned.

Try to avoid the obvious clubbing brand names and big stars, as you can always see them somewhere else at some point. Instead, go for the smaller local clubs and the local dutch nights that you won't get to attend anywhere else. For instance, I saw The Delta and Midimiliz at Akhnaton, a tiny club tucked away in a cosy little street in between all the madness of Amsterdam's city life. It still ranks as one of the best nights I've ever had, even though the club turned into something resembling a sauna by 3am.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement