return to tranceaddict tranceaddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Sports Discussion

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 
January transfer window. (pg. 2)
View this Thread in Original format
noikeee
He's right though, Barcelona to Juventus right now would be a step down, even if a small step down. And I think Messi has unfinished business at Barcelona, he's won a Champions League there but wasn't the major star yet at the time. He'd want to win a couple more titles before considering a new challenge.

Serie A's problems are a recent lack of results in Europe, and the lack of spectacular football. Because otherwise, the quality and the stars are there, yes.
Tranceporter99
quote:
Originally posted by chesco
Defoe back to tottenham for nearly double what they sold him for..

:conf:

Whatever, I am glad hes back.
denys envy
quote:
Originally posted by noikeee
He's right though, Barcelona to Juventus right now would be a step down, even if a small step down. And I think Messi has unfinished business at Barcelona, he's won a Champions League there but wasn't the major star yet at the time. He'd want to win a couple more titles before considering a new challenge.

Serie A's problems are a recent lack of results in Europe, and the lack of spectacular football. Because otherwise, the quality and the stars are there, yes.

and again, it's just a rumor. probably fake.

being a juve fan i would be excited to get anything huge at this point. they're also after someone called Diego (i think) at werder bremen.

never heard of the guy.
raveed
quote:
Originally posted by denys envy
they're also after someone called Diego (i think) at werder bremen.

never heard of the guy.

Now hes a more realistic target and an outstanding talent. No Messi but pretty darn close. As outlined in the article below , Pele has tipped him to be compared to himself as one of the greats of the game.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...com-50-diego-33

In fact , the rumor mill also claims that Madrid are planning to make a bid for him and trade Van der Vaart in the process but Juventus have identified him as their number one target and the ideal replacement for Nedved.
The_G0dfather
About time he leaves that german hole
noikeee
Comparing Diego to Messi is a little odd, they are nothing alike except for being both great dribblers.

Diego is probably the biggest talent wasted by Porto in recent years. He came over here in 2004 right after we won the Champions League and Mourinho left, hyped as the next big brazilian thing. The dude had obvious massive talent, but the entire team was having a terrible year and he himself failed to show any consistency. The following year he went into a disagreement with the manager Co Adriaanse and we sold him to Werder Bremen. He immediately settled there and became the key man of Bremen, being voted as the best player of the Bundesliga in 2007 I think.

He plays as an attacking midfield playmaker, right behind the forwards, organizing the game from the centre of the pitch and often deciding things on his own as well. Excels in dribbling, technique, creativity and shots from the outside of the area. He's more like a Kak than a Messi - Messi plays in a different position, as a quick wing forward who likes to cut inside a lot. Diego is a traditional n 10.
chesco
Kaka is a man city target, apparently in talks over a 100 million transfer and rumoured wages of 500,000 A week.

:eyespop:
denys envy
today i discover Lee Bowyer still plays:

Lee Bowyer [West Ham - Birmingham] Loan

anyone remember when Leeds was good, lol!

also - all time favorite last name in football:

Dean Windass [Hull - Oldham] Loan
Palladium
Man City has a lot of money to spend, they don't even know what to buy
sleepydragon
Kaka rejects City move
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19...4793353,00.html

raveed
quote:
Originally posted by sleepydragon
Kaka rejects City move
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19...4793353,00.html

I just had a new found respect for him even if he plays for AC Milan. Turning down that kind of money (rumored to be 500k a week) takes some balls.

I dont think we have seen the last of City's pursuit of him but nevertheless, its satisfying to hear of players staying loyal to their clubs and not following the money.

Man ty should pursue realistic targets like Michael Owen. Kaka's decision should set the trend for top players realizing they are better of making 5x less money at a champions league club than simply being unappreciated pawns at a wealthy club fighting relegation.
Yohan
man city needs quality defenders. offence is no problem. (well, except Jo sucking balls)

Stephen Ireland is going to be one helluva player

So, did Capello feed something wrong to Richards? WTF happened to him?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement